Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 430 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 330 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hile Rachael of East Lansing
    and Calvin of New Mexico.
    Welcome to you both

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Everybody!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Traveler Gilbert is on a distinguished road

Default Hello

How did you discover the Dark Tower? link from SK website

Who is your favorite charcter? Roland

What is your favorite SK book? The Gunslinger & The Green Mile

How old are you? 56

Where are you from? Alabama, living in Carrollton, Georgia now

Do you have a nickname? No, but some people call me weird, crazy, eccentric, etc.

I have all but a couple of SK's books (The Plant, Six Stories) with a handful being signed. Nothing in my King collection stands out compared to some of you guys. My primary author collection is Dan Simmons. I have everything by him, including a lot of ephemera, lettered editions, etc. When I discovered this site a few months ago I was amazed when I viewed some of your collections. I check at least once a week to see what has been added. I spotted some books like the large print edition of The Colorado Kid that I did not know existed. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this group.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower? link from SK website

What is your favorite SK book? The Gunslinger & The Green Mile

How old are you? 56

Where are you from? Alabama, living in Carrollton, Georgia now

Do you have a nickname? No, but some people call me weird, crazy, eccentric, etc.

I have all but a couple of SK's books (The Plant, Six Stories) with a handful being signed. Nothing in my King collection stands out compared to some of you guys. My primary author collection is Dan Simmons. I have everything by him, including a lot of ephemera, lettered editions, etc. When I discovered this site a few months ago I was amazed when I viewed some of your collections. I check at least once a week to see what has been added. I spotted some books like the large print edition of The Colorado Kid that I did not know existed. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this group.
    Welcome and i think you should make a collection thread yourself??? Would love to see what you've got

Traveler Aldaron is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Friends

What is your favorite book? Drawing of the Three

How old are you? 23

Where are you from? Rockford IL

do you have a nickname? Aldaron

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Aldaron, great to meet you.

Welcome to the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Riostar is on a distinguished road Riostar's Avatar

Hey Aldaron, where is rockford? it sounds familiar. i grew up in a little town in southern Illinois called Gillespie and my dad lived in Carlinvile,. My family still lives in Virden. Any of those places sound familiar?

Along the Path of the Beam giggler5 is on a distinguished road giggler5's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what's up everyone? my name is andrew and i'm 24 from michigan. i've been a stephen king fan since i was 12 or so, and although i've heard of the dark tower series, i never gave them a chance. one of my close friends started reading them around christmas last year and was talking them up, so i thought i'd give em a try. i ordered the first 4 books and finished them all within 2 weeks. i'm about 1/4 through the 7th, and in my opinion, it's possibly the best series ever written. i've never read anything like it. anyway, just thought i'd throw my enthusiasm out there. lol...hope to meet some cool people on here! sweet site!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey giggler! Great to meet you.

Watch out for spoilers on that last book around here, people who have been through them 4 or 5 times are sometimes a little loose of tongue.

Glad you like the site.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    Just signed up so thought I'd answer a few quick questions

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    My mum gave me my first SK novel when I was 12 (Cujo), and I have been hooked ever since. I only started reading the Tower maybe 5 years ago, and have purposefully been reading them VERY slowly, to prolong what has been an amazing story so far. I just finished Wolves of the Calla a couple of months ago, and am gagging to pick up number 6.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Oy. Nah ok its Roland, but Oy is cool.

What is your favorite book? So far, Wolves has been my favourite, and I think a lot of that has to do with that amazing ending. A friend of mine waited for four years after he read it wanting to talk to me about that ending.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    New Zealand.

Do you have a nickname?
    Not any more lol

John F. Kennedy lonely_cube is on a distinguished road

I don't actually remember. I think I just saw The Gunslinger and thought it looked interesting.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland, for sure.

What is your favorite book?
    I'd have to go with The Drawing of the Three.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Canada

do you have a nickname?
    Some people call me Merso.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Merso, great to meet you.

The Drawing of the Three is probably in the top three greatest books of all time imo. I spent a little time loving Wizard and Glass for complex reasons but now I'm back to Drawing as my favorite of the series for sure.

Traveler Rubysoho is on a distinguished road Rubysoho's Avatar

Hello all! I'm Brittany.

I started reading Stephen King when I was 14. I picked up The Gunslinger at a used book store a few years ago because I saw it was by him but didn't get around to reading it until earlier this year. I was absolutely hooked after the first chapter.

Who is your favorite character?
    It really varies for me between Roland, Jake and Eddie.

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Mass.

Do you have a nickname?
    Not really.

Hi Ruby!

or Brittany, wrote your screen name before i saw your real name...sorry. is that from the rancid song?

Traveler reverendlonggoode is on a distinguished road reverendlonggoode's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Long Days, Pleasant Night

Bon nuit, bon nuit to you all.

My name is Flash and stumbled across this site while putting of work.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I was doing research on King Arthur and ran across a reference to Arthur Eld in an article and backtracked from there!

Who is your favorite character? Roland or Pere Callahan

What is your favorite book? Wizard & Glass

How old are you? 23

Where are you from? Middle o' No-Where

Long days, pleasant nights!

Traveler Rubysoho is on a distinguished road Rubysoho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riostar View Post
    or Brittany, wrote your screen name before i saw your real name...sorry. is that from the rancid song?
    Yes! Well...sort of. Ruby is my kitty and I call her Rubysoho all of the time because of the Rancid song. I named her for a really obscure Lord of the Rings reference, though.

Along the Path of the Beam Syncrosonix is on a distinguished road Syncrosonix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i discovered it almost 11 years ago while i was a sophomore in high school. one of my then time friends suggested that i check out the dark tower: the gunslinger. i read and loved it. i then checked out the drawing of the three. i also enjoyed it. then i became sidetracked with life's garbage, and i've finally gotten around to finishing off the wastelands a couple weeks ago. i currently have 150 or so pages left of wizard and glass.

that's a difficult choice to make. i like eddie since he reminds me of me. especially when he starts cracking stupid-funny jokes at the worst possible time. hey, when in the mono station, i would have gotten on the p/a system and started saying lame things, too.

so far, it's a toss up between the third and fourth part of the series. i haven't gotten to parts 5-7, yet.

How old are you?

i'm 26.

Where are you from?

i am from the inner baronies of arizona.

do you have a nickname?

no, i don't have a formal nick name.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hellooooooo everyone

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello reverend and sync, welcome to the site.

Traveler Cheshirekat is on a distinguished road Cheshirekat's Avatar

Hello all, I can't believe I just found you guys... looked up the Tick-Tock Man and it led me here. It never ceases to amaze me how tangential I become online

Well, in kinda a roundabout way actually. I was a freshman in high school and had already burned through the reading list for that quarter. My Lit teacher left a note on one of my papers to check out Eyes of the Dragon. When I remarked that I wasn't really interested in Stephen King, she said it would open up doors for me to new worlds. She was definitely right! When I finished it, I went searching for others like it and came upon a hardback edition of Drawing of the Three in my library. I started it, and as you can probably imagine, I was totally confused but intrigued, so I put it back thinking I would have to find the first book one day. I met my husband two years later, and he handed me The Gunslinger audio book... and from then on (15 years now, 3 of which I was stuck on Blaine) the series has been near and dear to my heart.

So difficult, but I would have to say Jake

Again, it changes day by day but probably today The Dark Tower followed closely by DotT and Wizard & Glass

How old are you?

Where are you from? All across the great USA but currently reside in the Mojave

Do you have a nickname? Kate

Pleasant nights y'all...hope to talk at ya more soon!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome reverand, sync and Kate. Pull up a chair, sit a spell. Make yourself comfortable. If I can help direct you to any threads that might interest you, just ask.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 230 of 430 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 228 229 230 231 232 240 280 330 ... LastLast