Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 430 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler maybird360 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys.......... I've always been a King fan and I was introduced to the Dark Tower series by a friend of mine. He lent me The gunslinger and i read it in a couple of hours. i had some time off from work and i spent it hunting afor all the other tower books and read them all except the last in two weeks. I'm still not ready to touch the final book coz it would signify two things;

1. its time for me to leave Roland's ka-tet and
    2. some people will have to die..... people i've gotten attached to and don't wanna lose.

I'll let y'all know when i do read it.

I'm Valentyne by the way....... say thankya

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome home maybird.

Roland would have understood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maybird360 View Post
    Hey guys.......... I've always been a King fan and I was introduced to the Dark Tower series by a friend of mine. He lent me The gunslinger and i read it in a couple of hours. i had some time off from work and i spent it hunting afor all the other tower books and read them all except the last in two weeks. I'm still not ready to touch the final book coz it would signify two things;

2. some people will have to die..... people i've gotten attached to and don't wanna lose.

Be strong, all good things must come to a close. PLus, you can always re-read them a thousand times like me.

Welcome!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to meet you maybird--welcome to the site.

I agree with the above, it just gives you a chance to reabsorb it when you are done, all over again.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, rereads are the best.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome maybird360!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybird360 View Post
    I'm still not ready to touch the final book coz it would signify two things;

Welcome Valentyne, and I understand where you are coming from completely. DT7 is the hardest of the books to read (and it happens to be my favorite, go figure) and not wanting to leave this ka-tet that you think of as your friends and family is very, VERY hard.
    Jump right in on the chat about the other books though, more insights from new folk is not only welcomed but encouraged.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Traveler Ford is on a distinguished road Ford's Avatar

Hello, my name is Ford. It was Fordlinconmercury31 at dt.net, I know the lincoln is misspelled, it's because I was drunk at the time I signed up there.
    I was a long time member of DT.net, I became part of the community, and it's gone now and I kind of miss it. I LOVE the DT books, i've never read anything better. I used to think there was something just not right about that kid Jake.
    I did pick up issue 7 of the comic book, and to tell the truth, I thought it kind of sucked. There was no mention of Roland travelling through the wizards glass. How can you have an adaptation and leave out the climax to the story? It doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
    Anyway, I am here, and I hope to run into some old friends.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ford, nice to see you.

<--Rio that was

Grandpa that is.

Congradulations Matt.

Traveler Crandyman is on a distinguished road Crandyman's Avatar

Hey everybody, my name is Eric and I recently finished my first ever read of the series. I am a moderator on another vbulletin site and even though we have expanded our literary discussion, it still isn't enough to satisfy my appetite. So, I did what any good loyal member does-- goes rogue . Quite frankly, we are too diverse in other media discussions that I felt the need to find a place that is devout to the series itself. So that's how I ended up here.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Ford!

welcome Crandyman!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The next member will be the 1000th member of the site.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

Welcome everyone!

And it's really good to see you Ford. It's been too long.

<-----quiddityquest from .net
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Crandyman View Post
    Hey everybody, my name is Eric and I recently finished my first ever read of the series. I am a moderator on another vbulletin site and even though we have expanded our literary discussion, it still isn't enough to satisfy my appetite. So, I did what any good loyal member does-- goes rogue . Quite frankly, we are too diverse in other media discussions that I felt the need to find a place that is devout to the series itself. So that's how I ended up here.
    Love the genesis Eric, we're really far into the books here for sure.

Welcome to the site.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Hello, my name is Ford. It was Fordlinconmercury31 at dt.net, I know the lincoln is misspelled, it's because I was drunk at the time I signed up there.
    I was a long time member of DT.net, I became part of the community, and it's gone now and I kind of miss it. I LOVE the DT books, i've never read anything better. I used to think there was something just not right about that kid Jake.
    I did pick up issue 7 of the comic book, and to tell the truth, I thought it kind of sucked. There was no mention of Roland travelling through the wizards glass. How can you have an adaptation and leave out the climax to the story? It doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
    Welcome to the site. Always great to have new members.

Welcome. Rogues are the best.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quite frankly, we are too diverse in other media discussions that I felt the need to find a place that is devout to the series itself. So that's how I ended up here.
    You are most welcome here Eric. We need more folk like yourself, jump right in on the threads!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Welcome to .Com Ford, good to see more .Net folk joining on here.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Ford, check out the 2nd arc of the comic. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Ok, I might give it a shot.
    From what I gathered in issue seven, they made it a regular western, taking away what makes DT fun, the interdimensional time travel.

Traveler vonnegut is on a distinguished road vonnegut's Avatar

Hi there.

Yes, my username is in homage to the author, Kurt. But I am female.

Long-time DT reader. Looking forward to checking out the site.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
    Hi there.

Long days and pleasant nights. You are at home.

Country
    Country Flag

welcome vonnegut!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see you all.

Ford, what did you and the Mrs. think of the Mercury and Autism research paper?

It scares the hell out of me that the status quo relies on the Danish study.
    that study hads more holes in it than a kitchen strainer...talk about "junk science."

Sorry ... PM me...this is not the proper forum. But I'd love to hear from you Ed.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
    Hi there.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the site.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 430 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast