Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 430 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler PPKNexus is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I found out about it through the album "Touched by the Crimson King" by the Power Metal group Demons & Wizards.

Who is your favorite charcter?

Randall Flagg as of right now.

What is your favorite book?

At this moment The Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Chicago IL.

do you have a nickname?

The~Nexus

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome PPKNexus!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Welcome to the site, Nexus!

Traveler PPKNexus is on a distinguished road

Hi

Traveler Ford is on a distinguished road Ford's Avatar

I remember it well. It was the late eighties, and I was in a bookstore not unlike the one described in DT3. I was growing tired of reading comics, and something in my head told me to look for a Stephen King series that wouldn't be told all in one book, so I picked up the paperback edition of the Gunslinger.

Roland Deschain of Gilead.

It's a tossup between DT3 and DT5

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Ohio

do you have a nickname?

Online, it's Ford.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Ford.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler girl at the window is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone,

I'm girl at the window. I'm from NYC and I finished the last book in the Dark Tower Series a few weeks ago. I'm looking forward to discussing what I've read (especially the ending) with other readers.

The first book I read in the series was The Drawing of Three. I read it many,many years ago. I had just finished reading The Stand (I loved it) for the first time and wanted to read something else by Stephen King. I had no idea The Drawing of Three was part of a series when I started to read it. It was like nothing else that I had ever read before. I quickly found and read The Gunslinger. I was looking forward to the 3rd book, The Wastelands. When it came out I quickly bought it and then the strangest thing happened. For some reason I just couldn't get through that book. I just couldn't get into it.

Then late last year I finished it and quickly raced through the rest of the books. It was really convenient for me that during the time I took a hiatus from The Dark Tower books, Sai King was busy writing his butt off. Talk about instant gratification, as soon as I was done with one book I was right onto the next. I think my kids were getting really annoyed with me always reading all the time.

Anyway I'm looking forward to many future discussions of the books.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Girl at the window, really great to have you here. I hope we can get to know you even more. Enjoy the site.

Traveler ChicagoMolly is on a distinguished road ChicagoMolly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I put off reading it for years. I didn't think I would like it. Finally my husband told me I wasn't much of a King fan if I wasn't going to read the DT series. That same weekend I found a copy of The Gunslinger at the library's sidewalk sale. I am glad I did!

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland and Jake

Wolves of the Calla

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    born in IL, at home in NY

Do you have a nickname?
    Molly

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

That's okay to fix it just go ahead and remove the [quote=Aaron] from the beginning and the [ /quote] from the end and it should fix it up.

And welcome to the site!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Ford!

welcome girl at the window!

welcome ChicagoMolly!

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Hannah, I did it!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

ETA: I have been searching around the board, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I would like to know all the stories and books that are related to the DT series, but more importantly, I would like to know if there is a certain order in which to read them. As of now, I have read everything King ( that I know of) except The Talisman. I have to go back and read that, as soon as I am done with Black House. Backwards, I know. But I want to reread the DT series, adding in all stories or books that are related. Once I found a flowchart online, but it is gone now, can't find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Nexus, Ford, Molly, and girl at the window!

Molly, I know which flowchart you mean, but I haven't been able to find it either.
    Try going here. They have a list of all the related books and short stories.
    Hope that helps.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks so much! I will use that. I don't know how I missed it yesterday.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When I read your username I instantly thought of Molly Carpenter from the Dresden Files! She's a Chicago Molly too

Welcome!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From a DT fan who posts on a hockey message board.

Oy. I cried like a little baby when he died.

Too many to choose just one. Depends on my mood.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Dallas, Texas

do you have a nickname?

Not one that I'm willing to reveal!

Greetings Sai(s)! I finished the 7th book about 7 months ago. A friend on a hockey message board turned me on to them and I started with book one and was hooked by the end of the first sentence..."The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.". No matter how much I tried to read them slowly to savor the experience I just couldn't stop reading. The most I was able to put one down was about a day and a half. It was almost like being in a trance or being in a different world. I don't think my mind has completely left Midworld though - I'm still looking for my door out!

Country
    Country Flag

ICry4Oy, welcome. Long days and pleasant nights.
    Your tattoos are beautiful.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Icry, we are very well met along the path of the beam.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

welcome ICry4Oy!

Traveler El Cid is on a distinguished road El Cid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post

I was and still am hungry for books specially for Stephen King stories, then suddenly I found in a bookstore an English version of "The drawing of the three" and purchased it. After reading the introduction I had to have all of em and was rather surprised that the last three weren't even written then.

Hmm...
    Tough one, I would say all the main characters including sub characters like Cort, Susan, Steven, Gabrielle, Marten, Walter, Gasher, Jonas...
    You get my point, the only Character I could have done without is Cordelia Delgado, she somehow seemed to be non-developing at all.

Since I would count all seven as one book, I'd say The Dark Tower as a whole. But for the questions sake I would guess both "Tdott" and "Wag".

How old are you?
    30 and counting

Where are you from?
    Mid-World (Or Central Europe if it please ya, Switzerland).

do you have a nickname?
    I go mostly by the name "Cid"

Meanwhile I read The Dark Tower several times, don't remember how many times in English, twice in German and twice in Spanish (Just to make it clear, the German translation is awful. After the second read I found so many mistakes in it...).
    The main problem I have at the moment, is that theres almost no story left that feels right, everything pales comparing it to The Dark Tower and this is not good. Thanks to some good writers out there, there might still be hope I find a good book somewhere again. Most books I read, I just read em once and that's it but with stories like "The Stand, It, Insomnia, Eragon, Lord of the rings and other similar ones" I can take them over and over again as well as this one.

Long days and pleasant nights to all of you.
    Last edited by El Cid; 01-27-2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Adding some info

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Cid, welcome to the site.

Great to meet you
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome to all the new comers, so many since I've been away! So welcome to you all!!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard you all! Just avoid eye contact with Jon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 430 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast