Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 430 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler matt g is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,
    I'm matt g, longtime lurker, planning on being an occasional participant here.
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    DT1 & DT2 were birthday presents when i turned 13 or 14, i can't remember which, but yeah, pretty much since then i've quietly obsessed about Roland & his journey.
    Who is your favorite character?
    Eddie Dean for the series & Flagg for the whole shebang.
    What is your favorite book?
    DT1 i've read a gazillion times, but i think DT5 does it for me lately.
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    cimmaron hills, co
    do you have a nickname?
    money matt g, tha mos tard'd

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome matt g!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Matt, great to meet you. Glad to know you plan to jump in some.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler jjenn13 is on a distinguished road jjenn13's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I'm new, does anyone care?

Hi,
    I would like to start by saying I have tried other forums and usually am too shy to jump right in and post, but I love Roland ever so and so here I is...

I did not discover "The Dark Tower" as I read it right when it came out just like any other Stephen King book ever written. Of course this one was different. It had a different feel and totally different voice that I had never heard whispered in my ear before. (That's what reading King is like to me, someone whispering a great story right into my ear). Anyhow, I read my 1st King book ("Cujo") when I was 7 or 8 and went on from there.

My fav character if I am not being obvious and saying Roland is a Jake Oy combo. I love Oy desperately and even began calling my cat Oy (his real name is Mr. Furry Pants, or Pants for short) he got confused so I stopped. Sometimes now I call him Magoo because he is sooo graceful.

My fav book in the series is "Wizard and Glass". The romancy stuff really humanized Roland for me.

I am from Milwaukee which is where Peter Straub is from as well and writes about quite a bit in his books. You have to be here to reckognize...

I don't really have a nick name. Alot of people called me JJ in high school, but no more. Now I am simply Jen.

I have tried to post on other things before as I said. I usually do not have enough self esteem to think anyone could possibly give a crap about me or my interests, but Roland has been a huge part of my entire life. Yes I was one of the many traumatized fans who actually waited 7 years for the next part of the series. While waiting I simply re read the first 3 over and over.

My father always used to say if he could be anyone it would be cross between Sam Eliott, Clint Eastwood and a tiny bit of Tom Sellick. He died some time ago and so Roland became my Daddy because that is how I always pictured him in my mind. I read the 1st 2 books with my Dad and he loved them. It broke my heart when I finished the last book and realized Dad would never get to experience this. I could never talk Roland with him again. (or our version of "Who's on First"... "Did you read "It"?... I liked "It"... Yeah "It" was great" etc.)
    So is there anybody out there? If you care at all about my opinions and would like to chat or whatever... let me know. Don't worry, I won't get my hopes up too high.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

welcome to the site jen. glad you posted such a long intro. it helps when we kind of "know" who we're talking with - ya know?

take your time wandering around and when you get tired may i suggest dropping by the palaver castle for something to drink and perhaps a snooze? we have wonderfully comfortable couches!

there's lots to see and plenty to do so just dive right in (and don't be shy - no one here bites, the bear sees to that!!!!!!!).

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the welcome!! Now what?

oh my dear new palaverite. see that cool thing right above us that says introduce yourself then backs up to the way station then backs up to keystone tower then backs up to palaver?

here, click on the way station to start then jump into palaver and wander around. there's a description of what everything is and what it contains. just find some places you like and start reading. if you've finished the series you don't have to worry about spoilers. there are games, discussions about everything (really, i do mean everything), question and answer sections. you name it we've probably got it.

and if you get stuck, just ask someone where ever you are.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the ka-tet, Jen!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Alinda..
    I don't think we've met. I know others have the same avi as me on here. I guess there's a few Oy fans on here!!

I love how friendly and active everyone is here compared to other sites!! I'm so glad I joined!
    and welcome Jen!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jen, welcome to the site! You certainly don't have to worry about being shy here - we love EVERYONE!!!!!

Check out The Baronies for posts on the individual books, and let us know if you need any help navigating the site! (If you feel shy, you can ask via PM, but you'll need to get to 5 posts first - it's a spammer baby gate )

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome jjenn13!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

you all are so kind to 'lilole me. See you around!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jen
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have tried to post on other things before as I said. I usually do not have enough self esteem to think anyone could possibly give a crap about me or my interests, but Roland has been a huge part of my entire life. Yes I was one of the many traumatized fans who actually waited 7 years for the next part of the series. While waiting I simply re read the first 3 over and over.
    Wow! I did the exact same thing with the books, just went back through them time and time again.

Welcome to the site Jen, its great to meet you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome pards , this place is now your home away from home.
    Soon, it will seem more "real" than anyplace else....your gonna love it!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler SpanishDiablo is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    Hello!

I'm noticing that most of all the new sign ups are people I don't know. I say we introduce ourselves a bit here before the big launch.

answer any or all and add your own questions.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Who is your favorite charcter?

What is your favorite book?

How old are you?

Where are you from?

do you have a nickname?

Hello you all!
    My name's Javier, and I'm a Medicine student from Saragossa, Spain, 19 years old. People in Malaga, where I study, call me "Súper", and here in Saragossa, "Cuca". Here, Javi should be enough.
    I've been a Stephen King avid reader since I was 10 years old, and knew of the Dark Tower since a few years after that (mostly from seeing the books in libaries)... I didn't start to read it, however, till summer 2007, once I informed myself about it, and its core place in Stephen King's works. I read till I reached 1/3 of Wizard and Glass right then, stopped because of exams, and took it again this summer. Today I've started the 7th part of the saga, and plan to finish it in a few days.
    From the past books, the one I've most liked was The Waste Lands... it had a very distinct adventure feel, I think... although I think the current one (Dark Tower itself) will take its place once I finish it. My favourite character is Pere Callahan, I love the complexity of the personnage and his quest to redeem himself.
    I will do little reading till I finish the book in order to avoid spoilers, but hope to contribute as soon as I do, as much as I can.
    Long days and pleasant nights!
    P.D: I'm a writer myself, although I've got a creative stop right now. I will look for a literary section on the board.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Javi, I think I read through The Dark Tower in a week. The only reason it took me that long was because I have two kids and I was reading it during the summer so I had to watch them during the day. When I finally had a chance to myself to read I was staying up till 12 reading every night. You'll have to let us know what you think about the book when you get finished.

welcome!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome indeed ! Interesting stuff , we look forward to you all posting
    your thoughts when you can...glad you found the site!

The answer is within

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome matt g, TLC, and Javier.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenn13 View Post
    So is there anybody out there? If you care at all about my opinions and would like to chat or whatever... let me know. Don't worry, I won't get my hopes up too high.

And welcome to you too, Jen.

Misfits fan?

Oh, and you can just plan now on setting your hopes substantially higher.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    In Love

Hey, sorry I missed that post welcome jjenn13
    youve found the place youve been searching for
    may as well delete your search engines now..

The answer is within

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Hey, sorry I missed that post welcome jjenn13
    youve found the place youve been searching for
    may as well delete your search engines now..
    What's a search engine? You mean there is other stuff on the internet too?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    In Love

not anymore !!

The answer is within

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    What's a search engine? You mean there is other stuff on the internet too?
    lies. damn lies. dirty lying lies.

well, okay. there is that site where the cute kitties with the sayings are but that is absolutely it!

well, and hutch's site. but damnit that's all!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 430 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast