Page 419 of 419 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419
Results 10,451 to 10,457 of 10457

Thread: Introduce yourself

Traveler Rj_h will become famous soon enough Rj_h's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a fantastic piece! I did not know about Kubrick's take on the spiritual afterlife and hearing King's thoughts on it, I agree that that may have derailed the entire movie. Jack is never sympathetic character in the book, has no arc, and is even denied the redemption at the end of the film that makes the ending of the book so good. Using the lens King has would have made for a much better movie, if done right. I still enjoy many aspects of the movie, but less so the more I notice the things that are off, in general, largely from that lack of thought throughout about the ghosts and the creation through that lens. I loved reading about King's explanation of the Wendy finding JAck's MS scene and how Kubrick missed the payoff...big time! This was very well researched and done! Thanks for sharing!
    Blaine is a pain...

WANTED:
    Misery S/L Suntup
    Michael Whelan art

Traveler nessuno2001 will become famous soon enough

Thank you! Very happy you enjoyed it. I love Kubrick's film, but I absolutely understand King's point of view. I don't think he wrote a good script for his TV adaptation, though. A good King's version of The Shining is yet to be done, I think. Not that I would necessarily wish to see it... but you get my point. Again, thanks for your appreciation of my research and writing.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME all new folks!!!

"Superficially smiling; a shake of the hand,
    As soon as the back is turned treachery is planned"

Traveler roboute is on a distinguished road

Hello Constant Readers, happy to be here. Nice to be part of a big King collecting and reading community

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an people like to rub elbows with me Br!an's Avatar

Sub-letting space in Bill's head to refugees.
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, roboute!
    "A Mask Is Not A Political Statement. It's An IQ Test."

Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861 people like to rub elbows with me Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by roboute View Post
    Hello Constant Readers, happy to be here. Nice to be part of a big King collecting and reading community
    Welcome!
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon has a brilliant future Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, roboute!

"Superficially smiling; a shake of the hand,
    As soon as the back is turned treachery is planned"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 419 of 419 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419