Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 339 of 430 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 10739

Thread: Introduce yourself

John F. Kennedy Ross will become famous soon enough

Hey. My name is Ross.
    How did you discover the Dark Tower Series? - I have been reading Stephen King books since I was a kid. I always wanted to read the Dark Tower but wanted to wait until I could read them all in succession. I started withe the Gunslinger about 6 months ago and am just about to finish Wizard and Glass

Favourite Character - Well, aside from the obvious answer of Roland, I would have to say as of right now (having not finished the series yet), my favourite would be Eddie Dean.

Favourite Book - Although I am not finished it yet (about 100 pages left), I have to say that Wizard and Glass is one of the best books I have ever read. Not sure if its the love story (which I am not usually fan of) but I cannot stop thinking about the book and am eagerly waiting to get home from work so I can finish it tonight.

I am 33 and I live in Norther, Ontario, Canada. No nicknames..

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Ross! Enjoy all the site and people have to offer, and don't hesitate to post early and often!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Ross! welcome to the site! You have quite an adventure waiting for you in the remaining books of the series!

John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Johnny and Ross!!

( Sounds like a cheap wine.."Johnny and Ross.")

Don't worry about me Johnny and Ross; I am just a barnacle around here that makes the occasional joke. It is rare that I am to be taken seriously. I relish the role. (Now if I just had some mustard.)
    I didn't say the jokes were good.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Welcome Johnny and Ross!!

( Sounds like a cheap wine.."Johnny and Ross.")

Don't worry about me Johnny and Ross; I am just a barnacle around here that makes the occasional joke. It is rare that I am to be taken seriously. I relish the role. (Now if I just had some mustard.)
    I didn't say the jokes were good.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

...and I have a band!!!

I am so looking forward to reading on. I have been searching for the next book to read around my town but have yet to find it. Dont have the cash to order it online just yet but am hoping someone will have one in my community that will lend it to me until I can buy the rest of them. Until then I have started the Gunslinger again and will read on until I get my hands on the next installment. I also find it almost Ka like that as I am hitting the half way point in my reading it is being announced that the movie/tv series is being made. Having been both impressed and dissapointed with King's adaptations I find myself quite nervous about how this will turn out. I sure hope they do a good job of it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I am so looking forward to reading on. I have been searching for the next book to read around my town but have yet to find it. Dont have the cash to order it online just yet but am hoping someone will have one in my community that will lend it to me until I can buy the rest of them. Until then I have started the Gunslinger again and will read on until I get my hands on the next installment. I also find it almost Ka like that as I am hitting the half way point in my reading it is being announced that the movie/tv series is being made. Having been both impressed and dissapointed with King's adaptations I find myself quite nervous about how this will turn out. I sure hope they do a good job of it.
    When you get to 5 posts you will have full member privileges. In the meantime, where do you live? I think I have a full set of SC reading copies I lend around. They can be sent to you if you like, free of charge in the USA. PM me when you get to 5 posts.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Seriously Merlin, that is awesome of you. I actually posted a message on our local facebook buy/sell/trade page looking for #5,#6, and #8. And got a reply from a lady in town here that has #8 that I can borrow. I am hoping that in the time it takes me to read Wind through the Keyhole I will have enough cash to buy the last 2 I need. If not I will take you up the the offer. Unfortunately I live in Canada.. Northern Ontario, in a small mining town that is about 500 KM from the nearest city so shipping books to me would be costly and might not be worth it for either of us. I am hopeful I will get the rest of them soon though. I have no intention of stopping reading the series until I finish it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Seriously Merlin, that is awesome of you. I actually posted a message on our local facebook buy/sell/trade page looking for #5,#6, and #8. And got a reply from a lady in town here that has #8 that I can borrow. I am hoping that in the time it takes me to read Wind through the Keyhole I will have enough cash to buy the last 2 I need. If not I will take you up the the offer. Unfortunately I live in Canada.. Northern Ontario, in a small mining town that is about 500 KM from the nearest city so shipping books to me would be costly and might not be worth it for either of us. I am hopeful I will get the rest of them soon though. I have no intention of stopping reading the series until I finish it.
    Okay, you let me know in the future. I'm sure we could work something out. Reading is Fun-damental!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chucknbuck is the name.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? A friend has recommended the series to me over the years, in large part due to our shared interest in SK novels, in particular The Stand and The Talisman. I shied away from it because I didn't think I'd like the western theme, but I found myself stranded at a day long event for my kid, and needed something to read, so I gave the gunslinger a try on the kindle app. I read the first three books in a very gradual manner, then book four really grabbed me, and I cruised through the rest of the series in a blurry addictive sequence. I really wish there was more to come (I hold out hope there will be).

Who is your favorite character? Roland for sure. I empathize with his loss and suffering, although I see that he brings a lot of misery to people in his life. My other faves are Cuthbert and Susan Delgado (I think i'm in the minority in the second choice). I liked the drawn katet as well, each member in it's own way.

What is your favorite book? The wizard and glass. I think this backstory is the really exciting, especially considering it was a flashback.

How old are you? 45

Where are you from? MN

do you have a nickname? No

how did you find this site? Having completed the series, I needed somewhere to explore the story further. Websearch for a dark tower forum.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Welcome, chucknbuck!
    There's tons of places on here to discuss the series (among other things). I hope you enjoy the site.

Gunslinger Apprentice chucknbuck will become famous soon enough chucknbuck's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Girlystevedave. I hope the forum can help me gain some closure on the series, as well as relive it.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Heck yeah! That's the main reason I found myself on this forum so many years ago - I had just finished the series and just had to find some way to talk about it with other people who had lived it as well. Seven novels is life changing, and it's hard to just close that last book and move on with your life (especially with that ending).
    There's a really great community here, and I hope you find yourself at home.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, chucknbuck! You will find a plethora of info here on The Dark Tower series and all the other King stuff (as well as some other writers!) Join the fun!!!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, chucknbuck! You mention seven books in the DT series, but don't forget about The Wind Through the Keyhole. Some consider it to be #4.5, others book 8. Either way, it's great!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks jhanic. I read it about a week ago, and enjoyed it, although for me it didn't feel like it felt right between IV and V. I just told a friend who is on III to read it after VII, although I know lots of other people like to read it after IV. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to have it. I hope for more interludes in the DT universe. I'll take a prequel about Rolands ancestors.

Spoiler:
    I wonder if a true VIII, something that accelerates to the VII version of the next loop or something, in order to be compatible with the planned movies/series, as I think the end of VII as is may not please non-initiated audiences.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome New Members!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME to ALL!

Traveler Thing Fish will become famous soon enough

Hi, my name is Eric and I'm a Towerholic. I'm 47, and was really into Stephen King as a kid until I somehow lost interest around 1988 or so. I rediscovered him last year when I found a copy of Doctor Sleep and have been catching up since.

I read the series for the first time last summer and it blew my mind, I don't think I have ever been so absorbed in a work of fiction (of course, it helped that it was SO DAMNED LONG!). When I finished book one (on my lunch break at work), I went immediately to the library and put book two on reserve. Then I thought about it for a minute and took a cab to the closest library branch which had it available on the shelves, and things went from there...

I have just embarked on a reread of the last 3 books, but having just finished Wolves I am thinking I might just start over from the beginning. I think Jake would have to be my favorite character, followed closely by Eddie and Susannah; unlike many I really don't find Roland himself too likable or interesting. I think his obsession with the Tower is so strong that it pretty much crowds out every other possible personality trait. What is consistently interesting is the way that other, relatively normal, people relate to him. He's sort of like a fixed body around which the other characters revolve.

I would have to say that my very favorite part of the series is the first 200 pages or so of book 7, though that may change on reread. I reside in Chicago and have no nickname. I found this site by googling around looking for others whose need to discuss the series is as obsessive as my own.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Eric! Please feel free to post often!

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Wow Brian, very similar trajectory as myself. I haven't read SK in many years, but was sucked back in with Dr. Sleep, then moved on to the dark tower. Although I was much more engaged with the character of Roland.

Looking forward to your further thoughts on the series.

Traveler Deckard2112 will become famous soon enough Deckard2112's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Deckard2112 from Bonny Scotland

Hi folks - I've been a long-time lurker but time to come out into the light.

I'm from Scotland and have been a fan since I was 16 and read THE MANGLER in Night Shift....CR since then

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I was already a commited SK fan so it was only natural I came across it. I have to admit I wasn't terribly impressed the first time I read. It took TDOTT to hook me
    Who is your favorite character?
    Jack Sawyer. Let's have more of him please!!!
    What is your favorite book?
    Just one?? OK......The Talisman
    How old are you?
    Where are you from?
    Coupar Angus, Perthshire. Scotland
    do you have a nickname?
    No
    how did you find this site?
    Whilst trying to find info regarding an unusual copy of Cujo I've found. There's no limitation page so it might be a file copy from Mysterious press!?!? Still searching

+ Reply to Thread
Page 339 of 430 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 ... LastLast