Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 430 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to seeing how well the film turns out.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler Thomas33 will become famous soon enough Thomas33 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how well the film turns out.

I am too. The casting of Lewis Pullman in the role of Mears was a different choice than I hoped, but, in hindsight, it makes sense. He has the eyes of reaction. Susan Norton's casting, based on an image of the actress, feels very real. In fact, that's a curious sort of way of putting it - a real casting.

In having read most of the book, I anticipate that it can be adapted to film with a 2 hour runtime. I look forward to seeing if the movie handles the "theme" of the book, which apparently is to illustrate that the national government can sustain itself from vampire revolution, without the means of doing so, as a moral right.

Traveler Alexander will become famous soon enough Alexander will become famous soon enough

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I discovered it a long time ago browsing King books in a library. It was the first volume The Gunslinger

Who is your favorite character?

Eddie

What is your favorite book?

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Germany

do you have a nickname?

Alex

how did you find this site?

Googling

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Alex! And right on with your DT faves.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler Alexander will become famous soon enough Alexander will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I discovered it a long time ago browsing King books in a library. It was the first volume The Gunslinger

Who is your favorite character?

Eddie

What is your favorite book?

The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Germany

do you have a nickname?

Alex

how did you find this site?

Googling
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Welcome, Alex! And right on with your DT faves.
    Thanks! However, I also had to read the The Gunslinger several times to really appreciate it! The first time I didn‘t know what to think of it! Now that I am older I like it more and more. I think the whole book is very well written.

Dear Brian861,

Is there a possibility to ask someone about a little detail in the book „The Waste Lands“?

Thnx, Alex

I‘m just wondering because I am not able to post something somewhere else. Only here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dear Brian861,

Is there a possibility to ask someone about a little detail in the book „The Waste Lands“?

Thnx, Alex
    Try this thread or poking around in this forum. Good luck!!!!

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...POILERS-GALORE!)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I‘m just wondering because I am not able to post something somewhere else. Only here!
    You now have 5 posts. You should be good to go.

Thnx!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Alex!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone!
    53 year old long time Constant Reader from Australia here.
    Also long time lurker on this forum and the official SK message board. Quite often read a lot on forums but don't always join in but looking forward to getting involved here a bit. Lots of cool people and discussions here.
    Not so much of a hardcore collector as such although I have been trying to collect a few of the older books in hardback here and there. I've got pretty much everything in hardback from It onwards. My sister got me started on King in about 1984 with Pet Sematary and I THINK I can say I've read everything published. Almost.
    Favourites are It, The Stand, Insomnia and 11/22/63.
    Hopefully see you all in the forum once I decide which thread to post in first!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the light!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Alex and Oy!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Oy!

Traveler Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out will become famous soon enough Oy's Night Out's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks so much for the welcomes everyone! It's nice to be signed up here.
    Haven't worked out where to post something yet, I've gone all shy, haha!
    I've actually just gone right back to the start and am going to try and work through everything in order again. Long time since I read any of the older stuff.
    I've just read Carrie so might find a Carrie thread to post on. Interesting book when you haven't read it for a long time.
    Next up (obviously!) Salem's Lot!

John F. Kennedy Mizdring will become famous soon enough Mizdring will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone, just signed up after lurking for a good while! Decided to get more involved. Im in Scotland, and keen to build my collection. Trying to collect as many firsts as I can and my dream is to somehow get hold of a signed copy of just about any book as I keep missing out on them when released!

Been reading King since I was a teenager, I’m 39 now. Favourite book is Misery, favourite DK book is Wizard and Glass. Glad to have found this site and looking forward to getting more involved in discussions!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Mizdring!

John F. Kennedy Mizdring will become famous soon enough Mizdring will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian, glad to be here!

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello DT members!
    Like many, was a lurker for a couple of years. Finally decided to sign up to join some of the discussions. I'm an unabashed bibliophile so enjoy seeing the amazing collections members post here. Hope to share some photos of my collection with the community at some point. Have one inscribed book, in particular, that I'd like to share that I was real excited to get.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Elliot!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot HP Spencer View Post
    Hello DT members!
    Nice name and avatar.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Brian. Glad to finally be able to correspond with the community.
    Thanks St. Troy. I was wondering if anyone would recognize the name and avatar.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot HP Spencer View Post
    Thanks St. Troy. I was wondering if anyone would recognize the name and avatar.
    The picture is what grabbed me first; such pictures (of him) always chill me, knowing what was to come.

Also, Clive is fantastic.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

As you probably assumed, I'm also a huge Clive Barker fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 430 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 LastLast