Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 430 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Along the Path of the Beam BoogerSnax is on a distinguished road

Default Series almost complete

42 years old here. I originally started the series in the early 90's, and it didn 't hook me. I think I got 1/3 of the way through the 2nd book and lost interest.
    However, this past summer, I started anew, am now 1/3 of the way through the final book, and loving it.

I think the journey from young and cocky to middle aged and introspective, in my own life, is what has hooked me this time around. Having "traveled the road" is the only way, for me, to now appreciate the changes in story and writing style in the series.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. I am going to merge this into the Introduce yourself thread.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BoogerSnax View Post
    42 years old here. I originally started the series in the early 90's, and it didn 't hook me. I think I got 1/3 of the way through the 2nd book and lost interest.
    However, this past summer, I started anew, am now 1/3 of the way through the final book, and loving it.

I think the journey from young and cocky to middle aged and introspective, in my own life, is what has hooked me this time around. Having "traveled the road" is the only way, for me, to now appreciate the changes in story and writing style in the series.
    Welcome to the site Booger--great to meet you.

Watch out for spoilers on that final book
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Welcome. I am going to merge this into the Introduce yourself thread.
    Thanks.
    The layout of the forum is a bit different than I've seen before.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You'll get used to it though, Snax - it just takes time. And welcome to the site!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

This is my favorite forum... ever. Even the search mode is better than any other one I've found, though I still wish the searching engines were better... They operate like Blaine and Priscilla sometimes.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Welcome, Booger Snax.
    That's quite a screen name,
    how did you come up with that one?

Traveler The Old Fella is on a distinguished road The Old Fella's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Howdy All...

Answering the questions from the start of the thread:

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Quite by accident. I had just recently finished The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and had returned the books to my local public library and was looking for something new to read when I noticed two books sitting together on a display stand near the counter. These were The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three. I might have ignored them if not for their shared series title: The Dark Tower.

Something drew me to those three words way back in the late 80's and I just knew I had to read them. I had no previous experience of King's work at that time.

Although it may no doubt sound strange to some of you, The Dark Tower books had a significant impact on my life and continued to do so as I waited for each new book to be released. I delighted in every mention of Roland, Mid-World and the Dark Tower in King's other books. Roland, his quest, his companions and his challenges have fascinated me from the day I first read the words 'The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.'

Who is your favorite character?

So many interesting characters it's far too difficult to choose. My favourite of Roland's core ka-tet would have to be Edward Cantor Dean.

What is your favorite book?

In the Dark Tower series, The Waste Lands followed by Wolves of the Calla. Out of all of King's books, my favourite is The Stand. Out of all his total work, my favourite is the mini-series Rose Red.

How old are you?

Older than my teeth but younger than my hair.

Where are you from?

A long but not very fascinating story. Born in the UK, moved to Australia at 5, moved back to the UK at 17, then finally to the United States at 27 (while managing to visit a number of other countries along the way).

Do you have a nickname?

I've been called by many names, both fair and foul over the years. I don't much care what anyone calls me so long they don't call me late for dinner.

Well that's that. Hope I haven't bored too many folks.

Stay Frosty

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Old Fella! Long days and pleasant nights!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wipe your feet on the welcome mat and come on in

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Louis Cyphre is on a distinguished road

These are better greetings than that of which Dante received before passing through the infamous gates. A good sign. A good sign indeed!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed! Welcome to the site!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome SmallDropletsOfWater!

welcome Louis Cyphre!

welcome BoogerSnax!

welcome The Old Fella!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Welcome, Booger Snax.
    That's quite a screen name,
    how did you come up with that one?
    Back in the 70's and 80's, when kids could still "hurt each others' feelings" on the playground, calling someone a "booger eating spazmanatic" was one of my favorites.
    The sheer visual of the act always amused me, and the name came to me when I needed a moniker for some forgotten forum years ago.

I can be quite the spazmanatic also, as my long line of forum bannings can attest to. But most of them were political forums, and thus my bad side was always on display.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome,

Louis Cypher, Small droplets of water, The Old Fella, and Boogersnax!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler Doc_Gamecock is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Intro

What's up ppl?

A friend recommended the Gunslinger and I continued with the series.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Cuthbert Allgood hands down.

The Gunslinger, Wizard and the Glass and I loved the way The Dark Tower ended.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    The northeast, southeast and southwest

Do you have a nickname?
    Doc will be just fine with me

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Doc, welcome to the site. Great to meet you.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Welcome Doc, to whats bound to be you new favorite web destination!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Doc,
    good to see you posting all around the board. Keep them coming.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Roland would have understood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new folks!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Doc_Gamecock!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Traveler LordofLight19 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Long days and pleasent nights, sais!

My fried recomended The Gunslinger, and after that I was hooked.

Who is your favorite character?
    Roland without a doubt.

So far the Wastelands. I'm on the seventh book now.

How old are you?
    I am 13 years old.

Where are you from?
    Ohio

Do you have a nickname?
    You all can call me Drew, if it does ya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 430 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast