Hey all,

I only just discovered the existence of this forum today, accidentally while awaiting the ability to post threads on the Stephen King Message Board... but as the Dark Tower is my favourite King series, I think I may like it here more anyway! Can't wait to get involved in the discussion! However, this is only my second post, so I have a few more to make until I can pose my own ideas...

In the mean time...

How did you discover the Dark Tower? Growing up my mum loved the DT books, and I have strong memories as a kid of her pining for the next books release. When I was older I discovered the joys of Stephen King starting with IT and then The Green Mile. After this I thought it was about time I found out what all my mum's fuss over the DT books was about. I bought the DT audiobooks, read by the amazing Frank Muller (2-4) and George Guidall (1, 5, 6 & 7). I have listened to them on near repeat (along with a certain fantasy series mainly involving Ice and Fire) since the start of my PhD, which has found me looking down a microscope for hundreds and hundreds of hours with my ears free.

Who is your favorite character? Of the White? Eddie Dean / Cuthbert Allgood for sure, they are so similar it is hard to pick- but perhaps Cuthbert has the edge. May be boring to some- but it's true. If I am honest though, I do often find myself drawn towards the characterisations and personalities of those who serve the Red, Eldred Jonas being at the top of the pile of fantastic dark characters.

What is your favorite book? Again with my indecisiveness, but it has to be either Book 2 or Book 4. Book 4 is such a fantastic story, with the metropolitan start and the old-west middle. It is satisfying, insightful, and incredibly bitter-sweet with a great setting, arch and characters. Of all the books I find this one evokes the most varied and strongest emotional responses from me. Also it contains Cuthbert of course. In terms of the books focusing on the main plot, Book 2 will always stick with me as a special one. While elements of other books form particular highlights, the entirety of Drawing stands out to me as amazing. Also it was the first book that truly got me hooked on Roland and his quest, so I feel I owe it my great thanks.

How old are you? 27

Where are you from? England, UK

Do you have a nickname? Herb, Herby, Kal

How did you find this site? Almost feels a sin but... Google! I needed to find a place where I could talk to others as addicted as me to the Tower.