Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 430 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

John F. Kennedy SolomonsGal will become famous soon enough SolomonsGal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i am going to post a few more times to get to number five.

John F. Kennedy SolomonsGal will become famous soon enough SolomonsGal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel funny being a newbie amongst all you DT old-timers, but I am SO glad I am part of the DT world now. It really has changed my literature life.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by SolomonsGal View Post
    i am going to post a few more times to get to number five.
    You made it!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site! And we were all newbies once. You'll be acclimated in no time.

Along the Path of the Beam brethren will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Welcome, brethren. Have you thought about purchasing the DT comics omnibus' or are you looking to collect them individually?
    Individually - I've got about 15 left to go now, so I'm close.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome one and all!!! Let the begin..

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brethren View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Welcome, brethren. Have you thought about purchasing the DT comics omnibus' or are you looking to collect them individually?
    Individually - I've got about 15 left to go now, so I'm close.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I'm 39 and live in Northern California a little east of San Francisco area. I discovered the dark tower series before Wizard and Glass was out and one of those series i re-read when i can find some free time. I've been wanting to put together a Dark Tower book collection for awhile and have put together in my home office over the last two weeks. I now enjoy working around the dark tower when not traveling.

Eddie is my favorite character

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Jake.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all newcomers.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jake! Eddie too is my favorite And of course Culbert before the world moved on....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Brethren, Loki...WELCOME!!!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler Evilabby is on a distinguished road Evilabby's Avatar

Hello everyone! My name is Abby. Obviously a Tower fanatic, decided to join this forum today to be able to meet and chat with other Tower and King lovers.

I have read the entire series twice now. I have also read the Tower comics omnibus. I am in love with the series, characters and the connections to all of King's other works. My fave book is probably The Wastelands. As for fave character I love them all in many ways.

Other than The Dark Tower I also collect King books. There are few I haven't read at this point but many I want to add to my collection.
    Can't wait to meet others!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Abby! I like the sound of your occupation.

Traveler Evilabby is on a distinguished road Evilabby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Haha! Thanks. I always thought it sounded better than bartender.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Evilabby View Post
    Welcome Abby - I'm sure you will love it around here.

Traveler patzgcrux is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I'm Patrick. I'm a long time casual Stephen King fan and have recently become more and more serious in regards to reading his vast published works. I did complete reading/listening to the TDT series and like most felt let down by the ending. Anyway I'm trying to re-read my favorite King books and have slowly been tackling more of his stories/novels. I also started a modest collection of his books. I hope to procure more down the road so I need assistance in this. I hope to find help in this site.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

-In a used book store when I was 12, the artwork captivated me and I've seen some of his early movie adaptations (Cujo etc.).

Who is your favorite character?

- Eddie Dean hands down.

What is your favorite book?

- 11/22/63 (of the ones that I've read)

How old are you?

- I'm 38, born the year The Stand came out (on my reading list to finish)

Where are you from?

- Bay Area, Northern California

do you have a nickname?

- Patz

how did you find this site?

- I was browsing for info regarding SK's limited editions. This site was one of the top hits.

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Abby and Patz! Never can have enough bartenders in the room . Patz, you've come to the right place with your search for all things King. This is the end all be all of King sites/forums IMO. Most of the elders are unstumpable when it comes to King. If they don't have the answers; it doesn't exist, yet...

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!!
    Be free to post your collection.
    P2

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome sai barwench and sai patz, you are well met!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Abby & Patz!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Patrick . Good to see you here

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Evilabby View Post
    A fellow Cincinnatian! I thought I was the only one welcome!

Traveler RissaServo is on a distinguished road RissaServo's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Introduce yourself

Greetings and long palavers :-)

Just found this forum today. I am a long time SK fan (about 33 years, read about 60% of his books approximately) but the infamous Tower always stumped me! On my 19th birthday (which happens to be 19 July lol) my mom got me The Drawing of the Three not realizing it was part of a series. I tried quite a few times to read The Gunslinger but for some reason the first 50 pages or so stumped me. I was always determined I'd get it one day though!

A couple of weeks ago I had two audible credits and decided to give the audiobook a go and also got The Drawing of the Three in anticipation of a breakthrough. Eureka!! I finally fell into place. Now I can't begin to imagine my life before the Tower and I am only not quite a third into The Waste Lands.

IT was always my favorite of all SK's book (and possibly of always) and The Dark Tower goes even so far beyond that. I've never had a reading experience like this. It's just unreal!

Sorry for the long palaver but time moves kinda funny out here. Looking forward to checking out your tribe here.

I am off to lunch now for a tooter fish sandwich. :-)

Ps: I am also a lover of Star Wars, all things mst3k and rifftrax, Pink Floyd, new lover of Frank Zappa (it's been a helluva year for new stuff!), and podcasts specifically Frogpants productions (The Morning Stream, Filmsack & Current Geek!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (And edited cos I always mess up writing from said phone ;-))

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the forum RissaServa. Hope you stay around for a long time.

I also found The Gunslinger a bit hard going but from The Drawing of the Three onwards a great read. I also love the Stars Wars films.

One of my favourites is also IT but The Stand (Uncut) is my all time fav.

Jon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 430 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 ... LastLast