Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 430 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I discovered the Dark Tower while I was walking through the horror section at the Borders I go to. I saw the cover of The Gunslinger (with Roland standing next to a raven with the Tower super-imposed in the background) and I immediately fell in love with the artwork. After reading the first chapter, I was hooked.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    SPOILER (ish)

My favorite character is either Callahan or Jake. I am about half-way through the seventh book as of writing this, so obviously I am a bit upset about my choice of favorite characters haha. These two are my favorite aside from Oy. Any time he comes close to danger, I start freaking out. This last half of the seventh book is going to be torture for me, I just know it.

What is your favorite book?

The fourth book has been the most emotional for me, thus far. The scene with Susan near the end of the book was terrible to have to read through. In all honesty, I cried harder than I have for any other book. I knew from the talk about Susan in The Gunslinger that she was burned on a funeral pier, but it still hit me harder than anything else. The fourth book was the best.

How old are you?

I am 18 years old.

Where are you from?

Connecticut [the University of, at this moment]

Do you have a nickname?

Matthew is sufficient. Maybe Big Papa?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Matthew, I like your user name, you need a good avatar to go with it.

Wizards and Glass is my favorite too, as it is simply the best book of the series. Shhh...bears will hear, and speak ill of it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

WooHoo!! Another Matthew.

Welcome to the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    WooHoo!! Another Matthew.
    Yes. We're becoming definitely outnumbered.

Not that bears object. Matthews have proved to be good guys.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to all the new folks! Make yourselves at home, you're among friends.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Soon there will be a forum just for matts and matthews.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

read the small print at the bottom...

::deep in thought::

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome both Kotten and Mathew!!

Be sure to look around the site, lots of good stuff here.

Traveler Stockworth is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,
    Long days and pleasent nights. I'm Michael, son of Steven. lol. Just joined. I just finished book seven today! So I came online to check out some of the fourms. I can't stop thinking about the end

I'd always wanted to read a Stephen King book, and one day at the bookstore I was just browsing around and saw 'The Gunslinger' with the Michael Whalen artwork on the cover. The artwork looked really cool so I started reading 'The man in black fled across the dessert and the gunslinger followed' and then I was hooked.

Who is your favorite character? Jake. I can't help it.

What is your favorite book? Probably 'The Gunslinger' just because I remember it being so incredibly vivid. I'd never read anything like it before. Although 'Wizard and Glass' is probably a close second.

How old are you? Twenty

Where are you from? Ohio. I go to school at a small liberal arts college in central Ohio.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    Sloth Love Chunk

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Micheal son of Steven!!

Traveler Slayer is on a distinguished road Slayer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found it in the bookstore and after reading The Gunslinger, I was hooked.

Roland of course

Wizard and Glass

How old are you?

Nineteen

Where are you from?

Born in California, currently in Florida

do you have a nickname?

Nah

Country
    Country Flag

Along the Path of the Beam mdarkpoet is on a distinguished road mdarkpoet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Found it in the airport bookstore whilst waiting for my plane

Roland

The Waste Lands

How old are you?

Where are you from?

California

do you have a nickname?

The one I'm using as well as "panda"

Country
    Country Flag

welcome panda!!!

Along the Path of the Beam mdarkpoet is on a distinguished road mdarkpoet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks ^_^

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hile, forum frequenters. I'm Justin and I've been lurking here for a few weeks or so and thought I would register. I just got my first signed Stephen King book (US s/l Under the Dome)and am still a bit in awe.

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I've always been a fan of King, and one day home sick from school I read The Gunslinger and was hooked.

Who is your favorite character? That's a tough one. I'll have to go with Jake, I suppose

What is your favorite book? I think it's a tie between The Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands, as far as Dark Tower books go.(Though I love them all!) Otherwise - IT.

How old are you? Twenty-Seven

Where are you from? Arkansas

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jud Crandall View Post
    What is your favorite book? I think it's a tie between The Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands, as far as Dark Tower books go.(Though I love them all!) Otherwise - IT.
    Great choice!

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the best forums on the web!!

Along the Path of the Beam NoLabelBG is on a distinguished road NoLabelBG's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, my name is Nikola Borich, people call me Nick or Niki (Heeeeeeeere's Niki!!!)! I knew about this forum for a long time, but until few hours ago! I like it and I think that people here are cool and surprisingly friendly! Stephen King is my favorite author, and the Dark Tower is the greatest thing I've ever read!

- Well, I'm a King fan, and I registered in the Bulgarian King forum 5 years ago, and everybody was talking about the DT all the time, but I didn't wanted to hear about it. I don't know why, but I thought that it will be crap! And one day I didn't have nothing interesting to read, and i took the Gunslinger... you know the rest! I became addicted to the Dark Tower, and 4 years later, I still am!

Who is your favorite character?
    - Most of the ka-tet! My least favorite is Susannah, and my favorite are Roland and Jake, but i like Eddie is almost the same way!

- IT is the best book ever! It's my personal number One! (DT is out of the charts) From the DT, it would be Wizard and Glass, but they are all incredible!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    - Bulgaria

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Nikki, welcome to the site

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Niki. You will like it here.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all, Pinky McFatfat here. About four years ago I had been pretty active in various King and DT boards. I then had a VERY difficult pregnancy with my second child and he was born prematurely. Conrad (a varient of 'Cort') is well out of the woods now health-wise and I've decided to get back in.

How do you discover the DT?- In 7th grade I had a very interesting librarian who gave me an entire box filled with H.P. Lovecraft, King, Straub and Poe because, as she said, "You're the only kid here who could 'get' this stuff. Have a fun summer reading." The copy of DT 1 was a first edition I now cherish above all my other material possessions.

Who is your favorite character? - Out of the ka-tet? Thats impossible to answer...from the minor characters, Dinky, Ted, Cort and Jonas.

What is your favorite book?_ If I REALLY had to pick out of the DT series, it would be "Drawing of the Three'. Out of the 'minor' books, it's definitely 'Insomnia'.

How old are you?- 36

Where are you from? Pennsylvania, USA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 213 of 430 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 313 ... LastLast