Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 430 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey cat!

Welcome to the path of the beam.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler CrowMum is on a distinguished road CrowMum's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know, I'm excited at the journey ahead!
    am hoping to finish Gunslinger today, I used to go through 3 or 4 novels a week, but since my son was born I'm on about one a month just now! (he's 10 weeks old)

Traveler daughterofsteven is on a distinguished road

Hello all!

I was a long time Tower Junkie on darktower.net...worked some crazy jobs and had 2 kids and came back into the fold only to find you guys instead!

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I picked up The Gunslinger before a vacation many many moons ago when I was in middle school, read the entire thing before we even got there and went out and bought the next 3. I've been hooked ever since.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Roland

What is your favorite book?
    The Gunslinger

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Atlanta, GA

do you have a nickname?
    Kickin'

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler leto_II is on a distinguished road

A bunch of my friends recommended it heavily. I didn't immediately get hooked by the first book, but by the second I was addicted.

Who is your favorite character?
    The series is definitely about Roland, and the way we see his character evolve is one of its highlights. However, I have a huge soft spot for Oy.

I really like The Wastelands because of its "out-there" setting and explanation of the multiverse's mythology. However, Wizard and Glass is my true favorite due to the extensive character development and phenomenal use of suspense and dread.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Dallas, TX

Do you have a nickname?
    Nope.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Welcome Leto, and let me say I completely agree with you about book 2. Book one was slow, but by the time I was halfway through with Drawing I was hooked.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Leto. Nice to have another Texan. I live in Lubbock.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default I am yet another junkie on the path

My name is Bryant, from Mustang Oklahoma. My favorite DT literature is The Little Sisters of Euloria! Not really, I love it all, I just enjoy surprising so-called "fans" with the prequal-esque story.

(found this after I posted)
    I was reading every King novel in chronological order and just stumbled in.

Who is your favorite character?
    Oy!

The Wastelands

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Mustang, Oklahoma

do you have a nickname?
    not really

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The Little Sisters of Euloria....haven't read that one. I have read The Little Sisters of Eluria.

Welcome Junkie.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

welcome, everyone!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    The Little Sisters of Euloria....haven't read that one. I have read The Little Sisters of Eluria.

Welcome Junkie.
    Really??? Is a new version... They are the cousins of the original sisters and came for vendetta!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

V
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post

Welcome Junkie.
    Really??? Is a new version... They are the cousins of the original sisters and came for vendetta!!!
    +1 Everyone knows that. Cmon.

Traveler onkelchrispy is on a distinguished road

Just joined, and love this series (so far!)
    I'm currently two thirds through Wolves of the Calla...love it all...

How did you discover the Dark Tower? A friend was reading it, described the Ka-Tet (including Father Callahan) and I knew I'd love it. I do.

Who is your favorite character? Eddie Dean and Oy

What is your favorite book? So far it's a tie between Drawing of the Three and The Wastelands

How old are you? 36

Where are you from? New Jersey

Do you have a nickname? Chrispy/Onk

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey onk! Great to meet you. I'm glad you found us.

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, everyone. I just realized I have not properly introduced myself.

My name's Raul and I'm from Salem, Oregon. And I was a bit worried about posting here since I have not yet read The Dark Tower series (I'm a "new" Stephen King fan since last year) and I did not want anything spoiled, but I've since seen spoilers are secured. I created this account ahead of time because I know I will want to have people around to converse with when I finish. I'm reading many of the connections first and will be starting Gunslinger (unrevised) after The Talisman, which I'm currently reading.

EDIT:

How did you discover the Dark Tower? After reading Bag of Bones, I found out sometime last year that Stephen King has this EPIC book series similar to Lord of the Rings. Since I found out, I've been reading the connection books.

Who is your favorite character? Haven't read it yet.

What is your favorite book? I could only say what SK book is so far my favorite: Bag of Bones/IT are my top 2.

How old are you? 22

Where are you from? Salem, OR.

Do you have a nickname? Some people -- mostly family -- call me Rully.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Hi Raul, and welcome. I'm glad you're on here, but I advise you to finish it as soon as possible. Although we try to be diligent in marking our spoilers, sometimes we let little things slip.

That being said, we hope to have you join us fully, and soon!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Hi Raul, and welcome. I'm glad you're on here, but I advise you to finish it as soon as possible. Although we try to be diligent in marking our spoilers, sometimes we let little things slip.

That being said, we hope to have you join us fully, and soon!
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm very careful choosing which threads to check out and which to stay out of, just in case. I'll be starting very soon, though.

My Mood
    Breezy

Cool, looking forward to it. Where are you from?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Salem, OR. You?

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Salem, OR. You?
    I won't say, but JB might be an alien.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice arrawyn is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default hello!

Hi there,

I'm new here, obviously, and i'm also new to the Dark Tower! I've read lots of Stephen King's other books (I went through a big phase in highschool for some reason!) and I love fantasy books, but for some reason, never noticed his Dark Tower series - though my husband says he pointed it out to me a few years ago and I wasn't interested (probably because I didn't know what it was all about)!

Anyways, i've just finished the 4th book and can't wait to read the rest! They're great! so different from King's horror stuff (which is great because i don't really like horror, so I don't know why I read so much of his stuff in highschool!). And i'm going to pass on the series to my Dad once i've finished because I think he'll love them too (he's a bit of a cowboy - or used to be - used to wear cowboy boots and a bolo all the time - no hat tho!)

Anyways, i'll answer the questions at the beginning of this topic:

I'm on a livejournal community about Literary Tattoos and someone on there is a Dark Tower fan and they explained a bit about the books and they sounded interesting.

Who is your favorite charcter?
    Well, so far, my favourite is Oy! (reminds me of my dog that has gold eyes ) and of course Roland.

So far it's number 2. i just loved first coming across the different doors to other worlds!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Vancouver, Canada

do you have a nickname?
    yessiree!

I'm glad i've come across the series while it's (pretty much) complete - and not when he was still writing them all - i would've hated to wait a year or 2 before the next book came out! i know he's writing another one to go in the middle, but i'm just glad it's pretty much done and i can read 5, 6, 7 all in a row

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It was hard to wait, that is for sure. I think the time between II and III was like...6 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 430 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 ... LastLast