Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 430 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Steve! Ben is right, of course! We have probably the best group of SK sig experts* anywhere.

*I am not one of them. If I say a sig is real;it's fake...and vice versa. LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice carbinworld is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys (and Brice, I'll keep that in mind )
    ~

Looking For:

1: Signed US Trade 1st/1st Full Dark No Stars
    2: ??????????

~

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carbinworld View Post
    Hello all, I'm Steve, I thought I might as well introduce myself. I've only been a member a very short time here, however in that time I have received what I would consider invaluable help ascertaining the legitimacy of signatures on Ebay auctions. Prior to that I only owned one legitimate signature (S/L Insomnia purchased from Zeising years ago.) I'm hoping to find some signed Trade Editions, as S/L's are kinda out-of-my budget right now, particularly looking to obtain FDNS
    Welcome!!! You're just in time to get all pumped up for next year's Haven Fund Raiser!!!!! We need to beat the $11,000.00 we raised this year!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing amount of money for a good cause. I am so proud of the community here...I think helping this way really matters.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler Luis is on a distinguished road

Here I Am, i would blow a horn if i had remembered to pick one...
    I can't remember how i came across the dark tower and roland's ka-tet, guess that it was Ka -digo gracias-, but now after a ten-hour run of reading and having followed him, the one that reached the upper floor of the Tower, in his journey and back again -f*** you Stephen "Here time only flows in one direction" King-, i'm proud to admit: I'M A TOWER JUNKIE
    And here i am, looking for another colocón. Maybe I can find it here, found the page in Dark Tower site.

I just turned 18 here in Argentina, and the The Dark Tower final episode was one of the best presents I could wish for, especially cause the importations of the book were stopped and it was an arduos job getting it.

Lobos of the Calla I think is my favourite book, the ka-tet was strong and all begins to end in the last pages, ¿o el final comienza?. Childe Roland will always be my favourite character.

I hope that you will welcome me, in spite of my slow english and the practice of writing a word or two also in spanish. Some of the notas del traductor -translater's note- in my copies of the books tells me that sai King does it to.

-

Edit: I'm getting all goosebumps as I feel the strongest sense of dejá vu while writing this presentation.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's great to have you join us, Luis! Welcome!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Hbgunslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site Luis

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    Lobos of the Calla I think is my favourite book
    YES!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler zerodinh is on a distinguished road

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    It's a long story, but, at the end of the 80's I had stopped reading Sci Fi and started reading horror, well at least one horror writer in peticular, that's right Clive Barker. After going through everything he had and wanting more someone asked me, "why don't you read Steven King?" to which I answered,"I've already seen all his movies." Well regardless I started reading King and was hooked. I traded in all my sci fi books at the local used book store and got everything they had by Steven King including 3 books (well 4 including Eyes of the Dragon) about a Tower. But those books would sit for a while yet. I had to know all about Castle Rock and Derry. Then one day in 1996, I was working Grave Yard and needed a book to read, so I went to my Steven King collection and picked up The Gunslinger and remembered back to when I had just read a few King books (Night Shift and The Stand) and someone had said to me "You should read the Dark Tower books." He seemed to really be into this gothic western. He praised it like it was the "BEST SH@# EVER"! but he I wasn't sold, didn't sound like something I would like. But now I had read alot of King and I felt his sh@# was the best and since I had been wrong about King's work in the first place I could be wrong about this western I was for some reason staying away from. Well I had to read it sooner or later, so I read it, and at first I was still unsure of how I felt, almost wanted to stop and start something eles, but i stayes with it and was through it prety quick, and as with most i'm guessing, the end blew my mind and I had to have more, luckily I had the Drawing of Three (still my favorite) and then Wastelands... I went through all 3 so quick I didn't know what to do... luckily the next year Wizard and Glass came out. And I've been a Tower Junkie ever since.
    Who is your favorite charcter?
    This is hard, early on I would have said Roland, but then it became Eddie. although at the moment maybe just because it is still fresh I really like Tim from WTTK.
    What is your favorite book?
    Drawing of Three, but as since it is all one story it is hard not to consider the whole thing my favorite.
    How old are you?
    old
    Where are you from?
    Cali originaly but Vegas has been home for awhile
    do you have a nickname?
    um... zero

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome!

If you rescue me

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site zero!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome!

Traveler pipal7 is on a distinguished road pipal7's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a man who has been to The Tower and back. I have gazed into the center of The Rose and beheld the many worlds that exist both alongside and within our very own. Of those worlds I have traveled to several.

I have been to Mid-World, ridden and fought alongside Roland Deschain of Gilead, son of Steven. I have faced off against both demons and monsters alike, and lived to tell the tales. I have faced my greatest fears and stared down The Grim Reaper, leaving him to tend to the dead. I have seen The Prim. I have been to both The Great Clearing and The Void and managed to return. I have seen The Great Tree of Knowledge and have spoken with Gan. What I learned there pushed me to the brink of madness and, yet, I still maintain most of my sanity.

I have danced to The Song of the Thinnies, I have danced to The Ves-ka Gan, I have danced The Commala, I have sung The Skin-Man's Song.

I have seen the horrors of Todash, first hand, and became lost in that dark place. Wandering in the vast emptiness for what seemed like an eternity. Until I was saved by a bright, shining light from the heart of another, on the outside of that cruel place.

I have lived several lives before this one, and have had dinah more lovers than that. I was once called Eddie Dean. Before that, Cuthbert Allgood, and much longer ago than that, Arthur Eld. I am now known, to some, as Joseph Pipal of Wolf Point, son of Lee. Prisoner to none.

I have found The Path of The Beam and follow it still, for ten long years I have.

Of ka-tets I've been many, of these ka-tets I have been Dihn to a few... Of all of these ka-tets... They have all ended in ka-shume...

I have achieved the seventh level khef-adept status and I go by many names. If you listen closely you can hear the wind spread tales of the deeds, both good and bad, of those monikers. Some call me a savior, others call me the harbinger of doom... Most, however, call me Kas-ka Gan, and leave me to roam.

Once, a lifetime ago and for several years, I had forgotten the face of my father. Now I remember, not only, the face of my father, but also that of my own.

My body exists in this "physical realm", this "shroud" that we all like to call "Reality", but where you all see in three dimensions, I see in five. I see the pattern of The Universe or, Multiverse, rather.

I told the tale of "The Dark Tower" before I had even heard of this "Stephen King" sai.

In one of these world's that I traversed that great series of novels was written by a man named Esteban Yeoman. One of my many sobriquets through out my journeys.
    Of course I've shed blood, but never in vain. I can see the forces that surround us, some of which are causing the pain. The Pain of the Multiverse, the pain that strikes right down to the heart of our very own Earth. I speak of the dark forces, the minions of The Prim, soldiers of The Void. These beings must be stopped, balance must be restored to end the suffering of The Multiverse, the suffering that exists within each of us. For, you see, we are all, each and every one of us a multiverse ourselves.

Although I have called out that epic rallying cry, "Gunslingers to me!" hundreds of thousands of times in my quests and have often been called such... A Gunslinger, I am not... However, my mission be all the same.

Though the heart of a Gunslinger beats in this chest I have not been trained as such, the training I’ve received is slightly different... I’m what you’d call a Demonslaer, or Slayer of Demons in your tongue.

My weapons are not that of powder and lead, or the loud, thundering crash of a bullet breaking the thread, but my wits and my bah, and my bow and my blade, and the acoustic guitar that I carry with me when I go on my way. For I have also been trained in the art of The Rhythm Keepers, guardians and keepers of The Rhythm of The Multiverse...

Hear me well fellow travelers and constant readers alike, music is mathematics and mathematics is music. I have played The Song of Chassit, or nine-teen as you might call it, and created a magical spell so powerful that I slain The Ethereal Serpentine of the Eighth Dimension, without so much as a single shot of my bah.

There is magic, as well as power, in numbers, just as there is magic and power in music. Read carefully, for this must not be taken lightly. Music makes magic, yet music is born from magic. When you truly understand that and kennit just exactly how it works, then you are ready for the next step. For you see, music and mathematics go hand in hand and are both considered “The Language of the Universe” they are both things that can always be understood and made sense of, no matter what, and they both follow the pattern of The Multiverse.

Although The Multiverse is made up of delah universes, they are all still part of one single being, they are all connected, just like we are all connected on some higher level of being... Do ya kennit?

Now that you know a little, very little mind you, about me and my travels through space and time, and now that you know a little of my exploits and adventures, and now that you know that a Gunslinger I am not, but a Demonslaer I be... Tell me, be ye ka-me or ka-mai, and tell me who you are, where you have been, what you have done, battles fought, battles lost, fallen ka-mates, ka-mates that have stuck around through two or maybe several different ka-tets alongside you, or maybe a ka-tet that’s been to hell and back and has never felt that dreadful sting of ka-shume...

However, most importantly, answer me this, “Do ye fight for The White, for Gan and The Devine Being, for The Rose and The Tower? Or be ye one of The Good Man, Farson’s, men and fight for The Crimson King, for the destruction of The Tower and The Rose? Be ye a minion of The Prim, a soldier of The Void, a seeker of... Discordia?”
    Think carefully, palaver over my story and my questions for a spell if need be... But, I will tell you this, chose your answer wisely, for you never know where one of us will be.

Now, to the conclusion I have come, and I promise I won’t keep you long. Not all forces be evil, not all worlds be dying. Some are there helping, others still thriving. We live in a world filled with conflict and pain, but there is a way out that we can attain. Stand up for what’s right, for what your heart knows to be good, never let them cut you down like fresh firewood. If we all ban together a mighty force we could be, but many’ve been blinded by the lies of this reality. For, the evil forces, hear me, know what would happen if the truth we all see, they’d know that we could not be stopped, that they’d be too weak, and the power in numbers of which I did speak. If we all could come together in peace and harmony, and love one another, the way it should be. The numbers we’d make, the music we’d create, we would become one giant ka-tet, all sharing one destiny, to overcome all of our differences set forth by powers that be. We would become the most powerful magic that there would ever be, we all, together as one, could lift the shroud and finally see the true reality. We could stop the corruption that plagues everything even that which we cannot see, balance would be restored to all that’s ever been, hear me well, “GUNSLINGERS TO ME!!!”

Alas, until that day comes, remember these words keep them close to you, never forget what you know to be true. Never forget the face of your father, but always remember your brothers’, sisters’, and mother’s, of your sons’ and of your daughters’. Remember those who were close to you, but more importantly, “To thine own self be true.” And with these words I shall end my tale of demons and magic, of battles and of sipping graf cider ale. The Gunslinger Litany, when spoke true and proud turns into a spell, fit for the crown. It fills you with the fiery valor of the line of the Eld, of Arthur who forged those guns of his own blade he did meld the steel and iron and sandalwood grips, these be the guns that, to this very day, still hang, from Roland’s hips.

Hear me well, fellow traveler’s and constant readers alike, and never forget!

The Gunslinger Litany:

I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

Side note: If you've made it this far, I would just like to tell you how I "discovered" The Dark Tower Series, in as few words as possible... This'll be difficult and you might think I'm making this up, but every word of it is TRUE...
    Back in '03-'04 I was telling a friend of mine about a story, either novel or movie, idea that I'd had for as long as I can remember about a post apocalyptic world, much like Mid-World, with sort of a western motif along with some sci-fi/fantasy thrown in. In this world guns did not exist, for the most part that is. Only a few chosen and trained people were allowed to carry guns and, get this, were called Gunslinger's, they were basically just like the Gunslinger's of Mid-World, Knight's in other words. In this story the world was called Evermore it had also "moved on" and there were other worlds that existed along side it, because I also had the same idea that The Man in Black explains to Roland when they palaver at the end of The Gunslinger: Our universe works the same way that atoms and molecules work, and maybe our universe exists alongside countless others and is just a building block to something bigger, later I learned about Quantum Theory. In my story there were also ways of traveling between these worlds, one of which was with the help of psychedelic plants and mushrooms, also doorways, certain caverns, magic spell, etc. My hero's name was Atticus Whitecloud, son of William, he too was on a quest to the "Tower", although it wasn't a tower in my story, it was a living being. I never really decided what it was exactly, I always thought a wolf, or maybe even a shape-shifter. Anyway, after I had told my friend this idea that I had he asked, "Have you ever heard of 'The Dark Tower Series'?" at the time I never had so I said, "No. What's that?" to which he replied, "It's basically exactly what you were just telling me. It's a series of books by Stephen King, you should check it out." The next day I went to the high school library and picked up a copy of The Gunslinger and was hooked instantly. Another crazy thing, with all honesty, as soon as I started reading it I knew how the series was going to end. That's how I discovered The Dark Tower Series, I'll set my watch and warrant on it.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

welcome

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Umm Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

John F. Kennedy XerxesRex is on a distinguished road XerxesRex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default New to the forums...

Hail Gunslingers!

I go by the handle Xerxes Rex. My discovery of the series dates back to 1989 in the book section of Wal-Mart. I purchased two things that day; A gold disc compact disc of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger. What can I say, it was an epic day. For years I've amused myself conversing with fellow enthusiasts in as much High Speech as I can muster.

Recently I started playing a game on my phone called High Noon, and joined a related board after a long hiatus from board activities. Like anywhere I found fellow Dark Tower Junkies and struck up a conversation which lead to the birth of the High Noon Clan Ka-Tet, a revolver and reloader only organization.

I've yet to re-immerse in The Wind Through the Keyhole so forgive me if I stay away from those threads. It's good to be here and I look forward to seeing what the forums have to offer.

Country
    Country Flag

Default New to the forums...

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I Stumbled across Book 1 in 1989 at Wal-Mart. I bought it and a Gold Edition CD of Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon. It was an epic day.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland Deschain for his honor and single-mindedness, but more for his last vestige representation of a better time, long passed.

What is your favorite book?
    The Drawing of the Three

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    South Carolina

Do you have a nickname?
    XerxesRex

Thinking King was going to die from that van incident prior to finishing it was the second most agonizing literary related moment in my life. Only surpassed by the passing of Robert Jordan, before the completion of his Wheel of Time series.

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome!!

I too recall the agony of King's accident, and now I realize how young I was then! I recently had a "literary" depression as a result of the passing of Maurice Sendak and Ray Bradbury.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

All of those are the ones that have affected me the most too, Krystle. If King's time comes before my own I'll take days off work because of it.

Welcome XerxesRex!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What happened to "Pipal7"???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Welcome!!

I too recall the agony of King's accident, and now I realize how young I was then! I recently had a "literary" depression as a result of the passing of Maurice Sendak and Ray Bradbury.
    Well met Sai stkmw02!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    All of those are the ones that have affected me the most too, Krystle. If King's time comes before my own I'll take days off work because of it.

Welcome XerxesRex!
    Well met Sai Brice.

My Mood
    Inspired

I guess we're not hardcore enough for Pip... or perhaps he's lurking?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 430 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 ... LastLast