Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 430 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, everyone! Even though I read my first Stephen King book over 30 years ago I just started my journey along the path of the beam this summer and I’m currently on Book VI (actually finished WotC this morning!)

Loving the series and characters so far and I’m having fun becoming obsessed. Have already started trying to track down the hardcover editions of the Tower books and grabbing copies of the other novels that tie in.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard! Take a look around. Once you have 5 posts, more things will open up to you.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

WELCOME ANN and Pere!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Jere!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nessuno2001 View Post
    For those who expressed an interest in my article about King's dissatisfaction with Stanley Kubrick's version of The Shining, I am pleased to announce it's been published today and you can read it here: http://sensesofcinema.com/2020/the-s...igins-of-evil/

I tried to be as exhaustive as I could, with thanks to a few members of this community who helped me trace some of the rarest King's essay on his book. I'd appreciate a feedback, from you King experts. Thank you very much and happy reading.
    That was a great read, thank you!

I completely understand King’s feelings about the film but still find it brilliant if I look at it as a separate entity. It’s extremely effective to those who haven’t read the book and it’s a masterclass in cinematography.

I personally think a filmmaker has an obligation to stay true to an adaptation’s origins (within reason of course as film is a more limited medium) but if they are going to stray then they had better put something great on the screen. I think Kubrick succeeded but most fail miserably. I’ve never been more happy a film didn’t get made than I was after watching the “Jodorowsky’s Dune” documentary. What a drug fueled pretentious mess that would have been.

Traveler Cabobard will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Angelic

Hey. I'm frank. G'day everyone.

Traveler Cabobard will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Angelic

Artist editions of the DT? Anyone still a fan?

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cabobard View Post
    Welcome Frank...
    We are all DT nuts here so I'm sure you'll find someone into the Artist Editions .

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cabobard View Post
    Welcome, Frank!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. Frank!

Traveler pshemo will become famous soon enough

my full name is Przemyslaw Grajewski, and when i was listening to the books for the 4th time something random struck me, and I counted letters in my name...
    Today when I was thinking about reading Space Trilogy by CS Lewis I came across the fun fact.. although, not sure how fun it is.. CS Lewis wrote "The Dark Tower" story. did not finish it, and his editor, Walter McGehee Hooper, publish it. Counted letters in his name, so I did...

Yer bugger.

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone, I made some posts back in 2008 something, somewhere around then. Can't find my posts or my photos. How do I get back to what I posted back then, or that threads they were on? when i CLICK on my name or user profile, it has nothing. Trying to look up my old days photos of "the turtle" in north oklahoma, thanks in advance.

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nevermind! found it. the turtle photo. have not seen that in 12 years. https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver...468#post334468

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really neat photos
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

thank you. my computer pulled an "aunt talitha" on me years ago. Helped me thru. Showed me the way. Then walked me off into oblivion.

I'm happy to find my old photos here. good times!!!! thanks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    Hey everyone, I made some posts back in 2008 something, somewhere around then. Can't find my posts or my photos. How do I get back to what I posted back then, or that threads they were on? when i CLICK on my name or user profile, it has nothing. Trying to look up my old days photos of "the turtle" in north oklahoma, thanks in advance.
    When I click on your user title, I can then click on view previous posts.

Traveler abysswalker will become famous soon enough

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Web searching for info about editions of Eyes of the Dragon.

What is your favorite book?

By Stephen King, probably Eyes of the Dragon, but Gunslinger is a close second, and I have fond memories of both Needful Things and Tommyknockers.

I follow developments in the fine press world, off and on as an amateur, and I am consistently amazed by the devotion of King fans and level of activity around his books in the collecting world. I remember coming across info about the Dragon Rebound several years ago, and being completely blown away.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by abysswalker View Post
    How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Web searching for info about editions of Eyes of the Dragon.

What is your favorite book?

By Stephen King, probably Eyes of the Dragon, but Gunslinger is a close second, and I have fond memories of both Needful Things and Tommyknockers.

I follow developments in the fine press world, off and on as an amateur, and I am consistently amazed by the devotion of King fans and level of activity around his books in the collecting world. I remember coming across info about the Dragon Rebound several years ago, and being completely blown away.
    Welcome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, abyss!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome new folks!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome. Stay and enjoy...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

You are all well met....

Traveler SwiftlyTiltingPlanet will become famous soon enough

Default Welcome! edit

Hi I'm from midwest Michigan and found The Dark Tower just browsing around on "FindAForum". I am a Stephen King fan and looking forward to mingling with other SK fans! Tommyknockers is one of fav SK books for sure!
    Last edited by SwiftlyTiltingPlanet; 11-01-2020 at 06:55 PM. Reason: include fav book

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftlyTiltingPlanet View Post
    Hi I'm from midwest Michigan and found The Dark Tower just browsing around on "FindAForum". I am a Stephen King fan and looking forward to mingling with other SK fans! Tommyknockers is one of fav SK books for sure!
    Welcome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 430 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 ... LastLast