Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Solar is on a distinguished road Solar's Avatar

So, about the s/l edition... I'm somewhat new to this game and am curious if any publisher has ever done an announced web release on a major SK novel (or anything comparable). I'm only asking because I collect prints from a fairly popular artist and every time he does an announced web release, his shopping cart system crashes and burns. I'd hope S&S would have a robust server, but the time of the sale being announced months ahead of time makes me a little nervous...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Even if it doesn't completely crash, there will probably be significant lags and delays. It doesn't matter how good a server system they have, something has to give in order for 10K+ people all trying at the same time to buy 1,500 pieces worth of inventory...

Bottom line, it will be pretty much a crap shoot...but I bet anybody who is persistent will come out with a copy.

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

This is the German cover. The title means "The arena".

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems like the snow globe is a running theme.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I still say the S/L ought to come with a snowglobe rather than, or in addition to, the deck of cards.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Heath is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i heard it was gonna has have 1500 pages then i read an article saying 1088 pages what is it???

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

1500 pages was closer to what the manuscript had. The US edition has about 1080 pages and the UK edition (different font/page layout) has about 900 pages.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Heath is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

500 pages is a big difference

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Even if it doesn't completely crash, there will probably be significant lags and delays. It doesn't matter how good a server system they have, something has to give in order for 10K+ people all trying at the same time to buy 1,500 pieces worth of inventory...

Bottom line, it will be pretty much a crap shoot...but I bet anybody who is persistent will come out with a copy.

I hope so, I am going to have to buy this off of my iphone as I will be at work and cannot use a government pc.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert Heath View Post
    500 pages is a big difference
    1500 was in manuscript pages. Different scale of measurement.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, there's no direct correlation between manuscript pages and published pages, but manuscripts are almost always significantly longer. Double spaced, larger fonts, wider margins for notations, etc.

Country
    Country Flag

cool thanx for the info i didnt realize that

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

$475 for 2 tickets to the Stephen King discussion... rrrrrrrreally???

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Haha...that's Tippy's auction...the bidder has zero feedback though. But, yeah, $475 for just the discussion, without a signed book guarantee? I mean, I've got no problem with asking for it - but I can't understand why anyone would pay it...

Country
    Country Flag

funny i was just on ebay looking at the same thing someone wants 888.00 for two tickets

Country
    Country Flag

not for nothing but if i got tickets for face value why would you sell them for 400-500 bucks that money runs out pretty quick the memory of going would be a lot more valuable

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert Heath View Post
    not for nothing but if i got tickets for face value why would you sell them for 400-500 bucks that money runs out pretty quick the memory of going would be a lot more valuable
    To you, yes. But this, just like every other Stephen King event, is an investment for people that could care less more than it is a dream come true for those that do.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Haha...that's Tippy's auction...the bidder has zero feedback though. But, yeah, $475 for just the discussion, without a signed book guarantee? I mean, I've got no problem with asking for it - but I can't understand why anyone would pay it...
    Guilty as charged. I saw a pair of these sell for $1,000 (with book vouchers), so I thought...what the hell. I wonder if the buyer actually paid the seller for them.

As far as there being no guarantee on the signed book, with 250 signed books, there is a 71% chance of getting one....those are pretty good odds. When I saw King in California for Lisey's story, there were people offered books who did not buy them at all. On top of that, there will be a lot of married couples attending who will only buy one book. My opinion, if someone wants one bad enough, all they have to do is get there early and they will get it.

Yeah, the zero feedback bidder on my auction concerns me. We will see.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about 10,000 people. I doubt there are that many people in this country (I think I heard it would only be shipped within the US) in this economy who are ready to cough up $200 for a book.

$200 is cheap compared to most King S/L novels...but they're not exactly giving it away.

My prediction is that it will take more than one day to sell out, but less than three.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Right now the site doesn't indicate a limit of one per person (address).
    I'd be willing to bet that 1,500 books will be sold to less than 1,500 unique, different people from unique addresses.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

DETAILS FOR PRE-ORDERS

Available to comsumers only. No retail accounts
    Limit one book per customer
    Available for sale Domestic US only
    Books ship 11/19/09
    John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...making it even harder for us foreigners to get one... as the chances of people putting up extra copies for sale on the secondary market are now effectively non-existant...

There will be plenty of these selling on the secondary market...

Don't worry, there is no shortage of people looking to buy these, only to resell them.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I was blind and didn't see the side note.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There will be plenty of these selling on the secondary market...

Don't worry, there is no shortage of people looking to buy these, only to resell them.
    I guess you're right I was in a cynical mood... but anyway, we'll see how things develop. I must admit, I'm not even that excited about this limited edition, but that might change when I see actual pictures and such!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast