Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: For New Members with fewer than five posts...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by misterE View Post
    That was 5. Now what do I do?
    What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?

Traveler misterE will become famous soon enough

Gain acceptance!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear not, for I hereby officially declare you: Accepted.

Traveler misterE will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Fear not, for I hereby officially declare you: Accepted.
    Daddy?!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gain acceptance!
    You were "accepted" the day you joined. Welcome to the site. Visit regularly and post often!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Gain acceptance!

Yes... we DO intend to gain your acceptance...just give us a chance!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

I was wondering how this works. This is good info though. Smart to do.

Traveler Addie Prey will become famous soon enough Addie Prey's Avatar

Hello! I came here through the advice of the moderator at the SKMB.

I was trying to find info there about cover variations of The Tommyknockers

I was looking around here before registering, and found a conversation from 2009 with a picture of one of the books covers I was wondering about.

The thread is New Pride and Joy. The posting was by HUTCH on 8/24/09

And the book cove picture posted there was The Tommyknockers with silver lettering and a blue light shining from under the door.

I'm very interested to talk to anyone who has info about these cover variations. I have a copy of the one with red lettering and blue light. I'm not a collector, really. But a long time fan of SK.

Yes, I was stretching that message out to get my 5 posts in...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Look around in Calvin's Corner. There is a thread all about variants. And, welcome! Not everyone here is a collector.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Addie Prey View Post
    I'm very interested to talk to anyone who has info about these cover variations. I have a copy of the one with red lettering and blue light. I'm not a collector, really. But a long time fan of SK.
    Welcome to the site!

We have a catalog (Wiki) with all of the first editions listed. Here is the entry for The Tommyknockers:Stephen+King+First+Editions:Tommyknockers+The+Trad e+HC

Click the "Discussion" tab for the discussion about this very subject. It is believed to be either a printing error or fading. Hutch is the only member I know of to have found one.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the variant thread. There is no mention or discussion about this on the thread though.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/Stephen-King-Dust-Jacket-Book-and-Proof-Variants

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the madness You may not be a collector now. But stick around here long enough and that could very well change quickly . A lot of great folks here and you now have access to tons of information at your disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome to the site!

We have a catalog (Wiki) with all of the first editions listed. Here is the entry for The Tommyknockers:Stephen+King+First+Editions:Tommyknockers+The+Trad e+HC

Click the "Discussion" tab for the discussion about this very subject. It is believed to be either a printing error or fading. Hutch is the only member I know of to have found one.
    Thanks for this! Of course I got involved in looking around as I checked out the link you provided. I'm going to enjoy this site, I can tell.

The copy I have with red lettering and the blue light has not ever (as far as I can recall) been left out in the sun. I have an idea of getting a regular copy of Tommyknockers off eBay and leave the dust jacket out in the sun, as an experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Welcome to the madness You may not be a collector now. But stick around here long enough and that could very well change quickly . A lot of great folks here and you now have access to tons of information at your disposal.
    Thanks!

I am definitely going to enjoy getting lost in all the info here.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Welcome to the site!

As always, Brian is correct. The catalog is your friend. As I recall there were two states of the DJ for this edition. One with "Gold" lettering in the title and one with "Red". Does that help?

Spoiler:
    FWIW, The "Gold" DJ is the toughest to find in good condition. The lettering has a tendency to "rub off" a bit as I recall.

Spoiler:
    Oh, and
    Welcome to the site!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi
    I have been posting in various forums/threads hoping that they will "appear" after the count of 5. LOL. Is this the only board I can get credit for my Initiation posts?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Hi
    I have been posting in various forums/threads hoping that they will "appear" after the count of 5. LOL. Is this the only board I can get credit for my Initiation posts?
    Some of the forums don't count toward the total or they will be moderated first.

One more post, perhaps in this thread, and you're in there brother.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast