Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2009 Book List GOALS

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    In Cold Blood is wonderful. ( oh, is it okay to use the word "wonderful" to describe a book about a horrible murder? )
    No. It's not ok.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    ok so I was looking back at my 2008 book list and most everything I read was a reread. so this thread is for goals. What books are on your list this year for reading? whether it is a fresh book or a reread what is your wanting to read list?

Black House
    To Kill a Mocking Bird
    The Road
    The Pillars of the Earth
    IT
    currently reading Black House

Updated 1/9/09

adding The Compete reread of The Dark Tower. and this time I won't stop reading after (end of series spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Jake dies. I just can't seem to get past that part. Roland and Oy and the grave and I close the book and move onto something else. I really need to get past it and finish DTvii

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I just realized I completely fucked-up Chuck Pahlaniuk's name, but it's New Year's so I'll make an allowance for that.
    And you fucked it up again.

Palahniuk.

I'd like to finish the Einstein biography I started last month. I have Snuff by Chuck P. on my list, and when Pygmy comes out that'll be on my list as well.

I'd also like to reread the entire DT series, Desperation, The Stand, and all the short story King books.

I plan on reading a couple of Neal Stephenson I recently picked up. And I have a few more Gaiman books on my list as well. Also, World War Z.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't really have any books that are on my list, but I have made the goal of reading at least 100 books this year, and half of them will be non-fiction. I will probably re-read some books but I'm trying to read a lot of new books.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty ambitious. I read something like 44 last year I was thinking of shooting for 60.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    when Pygmy comes out that'll be on my list as well.
    I can't wait for this one to come out! It sounds like it'll be an interesting one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I just realized I completely fucked-up Chuck Pahlaniuk's name, but it's New Year's so I'll make an allowance for that.
    And you fucked it up again.

Palahniuk.

I'd like to finish the Einstein biography I started last month. I have Snuff by Chuck P. on my list, and when Pygmy comes out that'll be on my list as well.

I'd also like to reread the entire DT series, Desperation, The Stand, and all the short story King books.

I plan on reading a couple of Neal Stephenson I recently picked up. And I have a few more Gaiman books on my list as well. Also, World War Z.
    what spectacular goals for this year. personally, I read only a partial reread of The Dark Tower last year and it truly deserves a full on reread, from start to finish, for me. I'll add it to my list. I reread The Stand last summer and it kicked in a Colorado trip for me. you know what I mean, don't you?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ok so I was looking back at my 2008 book list and most everything I read was a reread. so this thread is for goals. What books are on your list this year for reading? whether it is a fresh book or a reread what is your wanting to read list?

Black House
    To Kill a Mocking Bird
    The Road
    The Pillars of the Earth
    IT
    currently reading Black House

Updated 1/9/09
    adding The Compete reread of The Dark Tower. and this time I won't stop reading after (end of series spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Jake dies. I just can't seem to get past that part. Roland and Oy and the grave and I close the book and move onto something else. I really need to get past it and finish DTvii

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm listening to the series this year. Next year will definitely be a reread year, though.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Black House
    To Kill a Mocking Bird
    The Road
    The Pillars of the Earth
    IT
    Revolutionary Road
    The Reader
    Coraline

currently still reading Black House

Updated 1/25/09
    I just bought The Reader, Revolutionary Road, and Coraline and added them to the list.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Along the Path of the Beam wolverine0712 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

My book goals for this year:
    Finish the Dark Tower (currently on book 5)
    Finish the Harry Potter series (currently on book 5)
    PYGMY by Palahniuk when it comes out, and a re-read of Fight Club
    The Zombie Survival Hand Guide by Brooks
    Salem's Lot and the Shining

If I can accomplish this, I'll be happy. I may pick up a few more King books that tie into the DT series. I've never really had the urge to read his stuff before I started the DT. My problem is I can't read the same types of books consecutively (hence the reason I've never finished DT or Harry Potter).

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to finish Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I am currently on Book 7, A Crown of Swords. Well, actually it's sitting in my car waiting to be listened to once I finish New Moon! Not sure why I continue with the Meyers series but I am. Back to Jordan, it'd be a big accomplishment to finish the Wheel of time. There are currently 11 books and one more to be published, although not written by Robert Jordan as he passed away. The final book is supposed to be published in the Fall. Each audio book is between 28 and 34 CDs thus far. That is a lot of listenening even on my long commute.

I'd like to re-read Black House, Duma Key and the Dark Tower too!

I've thought about getting into Stephen Donaldson's Tomas the Covenant Series but that is a lot more books too!

A re-read of the Harry Potter series could be fun too!

Of course Under the Dome will be read as soon as it's published!

And I am on a waiting list for The Story of Edgar Sawtelle and hope to listen to it this year!

And one more goal, at least one literary classic to be read in 2009. Just don't know which one right now! Maybe The Count of Monte Cristo or A Tale of Two Cities

Most of these goals depend on what I can get in audio format from the library as most of my reading occurs on my commute - 2.5 to 3 hrs daily!

And I will read all the Dark Tower, The Stand, The Talisman and Locke & Key comics (as they come out) as well as the Entertainment Weekly Columns!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2