Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - WILDCARD WEEK!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    I missed the first game, though I would have chosen Atlanta, so its a moot point.

As mentioned:

Saturday:

Colts

Sunday:

Baltimore
    Philadelphia

BONUS POINT (Optional)

Net Passing Yards, Indianapolis Colts: 287
    Locked.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

SATURDAY, JANUARY 3

Atlanta at Arizona - 4:30 p.m. loss taken
    Indianapolis at San Diego - 8:00 p.m. loss taken

SUNDAY, JANUARY 4

Baltimore
    Philadelphia

BONUS POINT (Optional)

Net Passing Yards, Indianapolis Colts (last week, 269)

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    SATURDAY, JANUARY 3

Atlanta at Arizona - 4:30 p.m. loss taken
    Indianapolis at San Diego - 8:00 p.m. loss taken

SUNDAY, JANUARY 4

Baltimore
    Philadelphia

BONUS POINT (Optional)

Net Passing Yards, Indianapolis Colts (last week, 269)

Got 'em. Thanks!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! I went out on a limb today and got lucky.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job CD. Right on the money with the bonus!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll either get in tonight or tomorrow to get next week's thread up. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Management

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone here play fantasy football?

I was thinking of trying to start a league next year with patrons from TDT.com. I ran a league with people from a different forum site last year, just couldn't get enough players to do it this year too. I'm definitely in on this contest for years to come, so it's no problem for me to set it up and have a thread here for the draft or standings and all that. Just testing the waters, to see if anyone is interested.

I was also thinking of having an Eliminator style contest as well, with prizes for the winner(s). If you don't know what that is, you pick one team to win each week, and you can only choose each team once. It's harder than it sounds.

Let me know either way if anyone is interested in participating in either of those type of games for the '09 season.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like to play Yahoo! fantasy sports. I usually do Football, basketball and occasionally baseball. I'd be interested next year, assuming the world is still spinning.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I'll have to keep everyone updated. Don't know how often I'll visit here after this contest is over, but I'll get it all set up early so in case we get enough people, we could possibly draft via the forum, rather than having it auto-pick your players. I use ESPN fantasy sports though, free live scoring.

Hey, Bill, if you know how, can you post this into next week's thread too, in case it gets buried?
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

Country
    Country Flag

Will do, SpaceMaN. We just got in tonight, so I'll get next week's thread up tomorrow.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I would definitely be up for it SpaceMaN. I follow the season obsessively anyway, so that might be a fun thing to get involved with.

So after today's game, are there any questions remaining about why I want Rex Ryan as the next Jets coach? Ryan is the Def. Coordinator for the Ravens and that is EXACTLY the kind of defense that makes watching football enjoyable. I prefer defense to offense in all sports, and today showed what I look for in a football defense. They shut Miami down. After two tries, Miami packed up that stupid gimmick "wildcat" offense because they saw it couldn't work against Ryan's defensive schemes. Instead, they had to run a real offense and when push comes to shove the real Chad Pennington emerges. Games like today show why Favre or no Favre, Jets fans were done with Chad. When it really matters and a defense is good, Chad can't win. It's sad, but it's true. After the two shoulder surgeries, there are just things Chad cannot do. Throw accurate spiral passes more than 20 yards is one of them. When Chad throws long it's wobbly and very high in the air and (as Ed Reed showed) easy to pick off. As a result, a defense can ignore the deep coverage bc they know he can't throw deep and key in on the run and the short pass. What you get is what happened today, a complete shutdown. The Ravens won a championship once with a great defense and no offense at all (Trent Dilfer anyone?). This defense is better and now they have Joe Flacco at QB. Look out for Baltimore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2