Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Big news for the next arc

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Default Big news for the next arc

Important news!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja's Library Posted: August 1, 2007
    The title of the second story arc based on King’s The Dark Tower is The Long Road Home and the first issue in that arc will be released in February 2008.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting this here Matthew

I will make sure it appears at the top on our page.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks for posting this here Matthew

I will make sure it appears at the top on our page.

"It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops, sorry, but I just started a thread on this up in the Oracle section. Mods, if you want to delete it, go right ahead.

John

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

February? Jeez...
    Don't get me wrong, I super-pumped about the new arc but damn why the wait?

I'm with ya. That seems an awfully long time between arcs...oh well. Like we've talked about before it's nothing compared to the wait between most of the books that we long time Tower Junkies had to wait for.

Country
    Country Flag

New stories! New adventures! More Roland! More killing! More gunslinging!
    I am very excited.

Theres nothing like watching the gunslingers finally destroyed, get their come-uppance..the long waited sunset of the White in the world. Yeah you could say I'm REALLY looking forward to these next arcs...

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*does a giddy little dance*

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm assuming that the wait is to allow Lee and Isanove a bit of lead time. Assuming they're sticking with the same creative team, they'll want to do the same with the second series as they did with the first -- i.e., give the artists a long enough head start that they can finish the series without any delays between issues. If you'll recall, there was nearly a two-year gap between the announcement of the first series and the release of the first issue. Art of that quality takes time.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeMP View Post
    I'm assuming that the wait is to allow Lee and Isanove a bit of lead time. Assuming they're sticking with the same creative team, they'll want to do the same with the second series as they did with the first -- i.e., give the artists a long enough head start that they can finish the series without any delays between issues. If you'll recall, there was nearly a two-year gap between the announcement of the first series and the release of the first issue. Art of that quality takes time.

Blake-

That is exactly right. Jae has been working nonstop for months now, and he told me that he needs a little rest and relaxation and the opportunity to clear his head before he goes to work on the next Arc. I have no idea when he is going to start drawing the next phase...does anyone know if the story line has already been written?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No idea. Last I heard, it wasn't even officially announced that David, Lee and Isanove were staying on-board for the next series, although it seems to be presumed that they will.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeMP View Post
    No idea. Last I heard, it wasn't even officially announced that David, Lee and Isanove were staying on-board for the next series, although it seems to be presumed that they will.
    I hope so, I really loved what they did with the first arc.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Me too, but...someone else would be cool as well.

totally different perspective.

I'm just so excited to read it I wouldn't care if Belch drew it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm just so excited to read it I wouldn't care if Belch drew it.
    Let's don't get carried away, now.

I'd imagine they won't be changing up the art department on this.

However, if they did change the art, i'd be happy with Michael Gaydos, who uses a muted watercolor style. His style has a kinda feel to it that I think lends itself to The Dark Tower.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Hope the completion Dark Tower in comic form doesn't take as long as the original books?

What time in Rolands life will this 2nd arc about? Is each story arc a book in the series? How many issues in the 2nd arc?

Regardless, i cannot wait!!!!!

We all say thank you. I say thank you!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Each of the subsequent arcs are supposed to tell a new story not included in the DT books. Only the first arc told the story that was in Wizard and Glass.

I can't remember details, but I do remember that the subsequent arcs are not supposed to be as long as the first arc. If I remember correctly (and I could easily be wrong) the second arc is supposed to be five issues. I think.

John

The 2nd arc will be covering Roland, Cuthbert and Alain's journey home from Hambry.

Gunslinger Apprentice David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm imagining an arc a year until the series losses steam and isn't profitable any longer.

One possibility is that with them charging 3.99 an issue, they could always drop down to the standard 2.99 if and when interests in the stories start to fade. The best guage will be the sales on the upcoming graphic novel collections of the first arc.

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know how many arcs are currently scheduled? Is there an option/possibility of going further than what was originally planned? Will they attempt to cover all the time between Wizard and The Gunslinger? Or only up til Jericho Hill?

Even though I loathe the wait....NEW STORIES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Does anyone know how many arcs are currently scheduled? Is there an option/possibility of going further than what was originally planned? Will they attempt to cover all the time between Wizard and The Gunslinger? Or only up til Jericho Hill?

Even though I loathe the wait....NEW STORIES!!!
    All I've heard is only up to Jericho Hill, but thats several years worth of new Dark Tower material to do..so thats nothing to sniff at Mr. Man!

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I agree. It would be really interesting though to hear a little bit more about the time after Roland officially becomes "the last gunslinger" when he escapes from his hiding in the pile of dead bodies.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll consider this first issue a birthday gift.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Next to the day my son was born (and daughter), the happiest day of my life will be new DT stories!!! It's almost enough for me to want to sexually gratify myself as i sit at this library terminal

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast