Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 515 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 12868

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well...if somebody gave me $220,000, I would happily sign a contract to never read another SK book for the rest of my life, so I'm not sure "true fan" comes into play when you're talking about this much money...a new house, or some photocopied pages?

Uh...I'll probably not choose the photocopies.

Having said that, this item is not selling for $220,000, or $22,000...I suppose $2200, maybe $4400....So, Jason, you've a got a great, unique item, and at the end of this auction you will STILL have a great, unique item...hard to complain about that!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree, that you can't judge someone being a "true fan" or not based on their decision to sell something so unique. One could argue that he was such a true fan, he managed to acquire the item in the first place when none of us did....

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's unfair to determine who is or is not a "true fan" based on what part of their collection they'd be willing to sell.

Having said that, I think we know the monetary value of this piece. It's about $5,000. That about the price the open-auction reached. Any delusions of 6-figure windfalls are just that--delusions. Of course, the sentimental value of the piece can be "priceless" if that's what one thinks of it. The problem is that some sellers expect other people to pay monetary value for the seller's sentiments.

This guy trying to sell his photocopy does not bother me. Like some others here, a photocopy of anything holds no appeal for me. I might pay $20 for it. Obviously, someone else is willing to pay $5K. To each his own. What does concern me is all the other stuff in this guy's posts. He appears to be mentally ill or something, or at least out of touch with reality (as further evidence by the BIN listing).

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

With his erratic postings and lack of eBay track record (zero ratings) I would be very wary of doing any kind of business with this person, let alone spending thousands of dollars. Imagine the countless rambling, incoherent emails the winning bidder would receive detailing why the Star Invaders has yet to be shippped!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I guess my point is that hes not going to sell it for 6 figures, 2-$5,000 possiblly, which to me is not a life changing amout, so why even sell it ?
    If your a fan and collect his works why sell something like that piece which you could probly nevr get back...
    I did'nt mean to judge anyone just giving my opinion.

Brian..

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, now the BIN price is not anymore $600K but $220? Is that right? I thought that it would be put aside for another 16 years?
    I dont understand anything anymore...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No, the BIN is $220K: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sta...item3f05f90fe3

I'm sure mr. Manza means well but in my opinion, he has made things needlessly complex (for himself and for potential buyers).

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    No, the BIN is $220K: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sta...item3f05f90fe3

I'm sure mr. Manza means well but in my opinion, he has made things needlessly complex (for himself and for potential buyers).
    M - Yes, exactly. And honestly, much more confusing.

I wonder, too ... if the winner decides to make photo-copies themselves, how much would those be worth?

I'm kidding !!! Sincerely, I'm kidding.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if he'll take a check?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post
    Wonder if he'll take a check?
    He'd probably prefer a photocopy of a check.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No collector would ever make copies of this piece. Why bring down the value of the item you just paid for?
    The point most people seem to have missed is the letter from King, not just the story. This signed letter says that this "copy" has been made officially and is the guys to keep.
    The story is copyrighted and the copyright still has 80 years to run. See thread on SKMB. (King's lawyers are always watching.)

John F. Kennedy Herbswhere is on a distinguished road

(The Stephen King Story by Beahm, George, 1992) > this comes from my English term paper: "King's next literary feat was a 3000 word short story called "The Star Invaders." The two part tale was designed to be a book. It was published on his own mimeographed machine. Only one copy survives today, owned by King (pg. 32). I guess that's my reason I asked him...We all had the opportunity to ask then; DID YOU?Thank you.

John F. Kennedy Herbswhere is on a distinguished road

Those of you who had no interest in IT > I got you to feel, to have an opinion. The price is debateable -There's no exact answer to IT. I've never received so much attention. It's great that there's a discussion and it's great people are talking about something that interests them. For some people who don't normally have an opinion about things... to then start saying theres something NEGATIVE about IT or I don't deserve this....APPRECIATE IT FOR WHAT IT IS... You don't have to have an opinion about everything. If you're judging someone else, IT means there is a part of you that wants to have or be the very thing that you're judging. You'll move past this by going for what YOU want instead of criticizing those who have IT. You can take the HIgh road - or- You can take the low road. Thank You.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Uhmm... what?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think IT is a fruitcake!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this guy a descendant of Gollum!! IT = "My Precious"

One thing I noticed about this whole mess is that no one seems to be concerned with the "Condition" of the item. I mean the Pic is only of the letter and not very good and it has been, by the seller's own claim "Living in a VAN down by the river" for a while at least!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    No collector would ever make copies of this piece. Why bring down the value of the item you just paid for?
    The point most people seem to have missed is the letter from King, not just the story. This signed letter says that this "copy" has been made officially and is the guys to keep.
    The story is copyrighted and the copyright still has 80 years to run. See thread on SKMB. (King's lawyers are always watching.)
    Exactly right.

In fact, if it was NOT signed, it would be hard, maybe impossible to sell as a photocopy.

I would assume that this is not 100 percent unique...I bet there's a handful of other copies floating around, although since we've never seen one for sale, not many.

I don't know...thinking about it, I think it's worth at least what a set of The Plant is worth - around $8K. It's far more limited, it can only be obtained through an association copy, so it's sort of the same thing.

Betts has been selling a few unique handwritten items (a Bruce Springsteen essay for $5K comes to mind), but haven't actually been sold, so that tells me a little bit about the market for this as well.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even the current listing has some problems for that matter.

It says that it looks the same as if you bought it for 20 cents in 1964, which is untrue. It looks that same as if it were PHOTOCOPIED in 1964.

And then the comparison to the baseball card that sold for $220,000 is absurd. There may be only 60 of that card, but the one that sold wasn't a photocopy of the card.

This whole debacle has been confusing to say the least. He should have figured out if he wanted to sell it or not first, and then stuck with his decision.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey you folks may enjoy this. It was a "Things others are watching choice on "IT"s listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Joh...94607121770603

Kinda neat and the listing was well done I thought. Last minute stocking stuffer for the "Collector" that has everything!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Well, the fact that it's a photocopy can't be helped, so that's actually NOT an issue with it's value (again, were it not signed, it would be). Nothing exists of this story except the one original and as many copies of that "master copy" as SK wants to personally make, which apparently hasn't been that many. Even if he printed the story in a limited form, this copy is from the original 1964 document - an "artist proof" if you will.

Unless SK personally flooded the market with photocopies it will still remain scarce - and the signature would make this one more unique and valuable than any of those would be.

But yes, confusing to say the least...I think I said before, it was a case of a seller's irrational exuberance.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im trying to avoid putting my signed Insomnia on Ebay. Last time it was for sale I had a few pms asking about shipping over seas. I would rather it go to someone here as I do not really want to part with it. Pls pm if you are interested.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, I'm selling a photocopy of the title page on one of my signed SK books. If anyone is interested in IT, let me know. Asking price is. $3,500,000. ONE OF A KIND. ONLY COPY EVER.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Lets just say he drops the price to something someone may actually prepared to pay for it, whats to stop him taking a sneaky copy of it before sending it to the new buyer???
    (yes I know the true legal implications, but if he did it for the sole purpose of keeping a copy for himself and shut up about it, he could get away with it quite easily....)

PS I resisted capitilising "it" as I think that it detracts from the brilliance that is King's novel....

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Lets just say he drops the price to something someone may actually prepared to pay for it, whats to stop him taking a sneaky copy of it before sending it to the new buyer???
    (yes I know the true legal implications, but if he did it for the sole purpose of keeping a copy for himself and shut up about it, he could get away with it quite easily....)

PS I resisted capitilising "it" as I think that it detracts from the brilliance that is King's novel....
    Nothing would stop him....be the first thing I'd do if it were mine. But, if someone (or him) tried to sell it later with a photocopied signature, then it's a copyright problem as you mentioned.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    The lets just go with "My Precious" from here on in!!!! LOL He talks about "it" like Gollum talking about the one ring!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 515 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast