Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 515 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I agree that some of The Collectors estimates (even at the low end) seem to be a bit high for V through VII. But you have to remember that while books 1 and 2 aren't S/L's, they are still included and so $5k is a fair deal IMO.
    Yes they are there and 1st/1st. It also includes shipping as well do not forget. I am in Canada so this will cost me MUCH more considering it is going to the US most likely. I LOVED reading all your thoughts and debate over it though! Special thanks to RIC and Shannon I have a few interested now and if you send me your email I will send a TON of pics. You can also go through David at Bett's to know it is legit since I am new to the site. I have heard and read some horror stories on here about people being "shifty" so to speak. Anyway... great discussion guys! If no ones buys the whole set... you guys think I should break the 9 volumes up and sell them individually? thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler sunnylea57 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm the person who sold this set to Kris 3 months ago. Glad he found a complete matching set, and more power to him if he can get $5k, but just a caveat that he paid $4k for the set. He's looking for a $1k profit on a quick flip. I also thnk his grading of that copy of the Gunslinger is a bit optimistic.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sunnylea57 View Post
    I'm the person who sold this set to Kris 3 months ago. Glad he found a complete matching set, and more power to him if he can get $5k, but just a caveat that he paid $4k for the set. He's looking for a $1k profit on a quick flip. I also thnk his grading of that copy of the Gunslinger is a bit optimistic.
    To all on the site to whom I have gotten to know and chat with. This guy may or may not be the guy to whom I bought the books from as he is not from San Antonio (the guy was from Toronto) so I am not sure if he is being straight with you or not. His numbers are also wrong as well. I incurred an insured cost to ship the books as it was not included. This is above the $4k I paid. The person I also bought the books from tricked me (as I did not know enough at the time) and made it sound like this was the most complete set I could get (cause it was under #800 and that was what Wind went to number wise) ... baring a DT book #2. It was not until I joined here that I found out three were Gunslingers S/L under 500 though... thus I had a nun-completable set. The price I am asking is fair as we have all discussed earlier. Ask anything you want guys as I will answer honestly. As for his grading of Gunslinger... pictures would be provided of the entire book for you to decide. Cheers, kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I would also like to point out I am including shipping/insurance as well.. so I am really lucky to make a $100 or 2... if anyone feels like is wrong please let me know. People make a few bucks here all the time... there is nothing wrong with that and this "guy" has done his best to make me feel like shit for it. I sold a Doctor Sleep to Matt without making a penny... and he noted that. So I think I have established the kind of person I am here. This "guy" has been bashing me in constant emails... I wish he would have just kept his books.... man oh man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't usually eat popcorn in the morning.....for some reason I'm gonna go pop some.

Traveler sunnylea57 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The facts actually are that I did not trick Kris, nor did I ever claim it was the most complete set possible. In fact, I told him that my DT3 was only a 1st/1st, and not a signed limited. So he got more than was described.

Just want to make sure the facts are accurate.

Unless Kris misrepresents the facts again, I'm done here.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I don't usually eat popcorn in the morning.....for some reason I'm gonna go pop some.

got snacks for all...did I miss much?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

got snacks for all...did I miss much?
    lol.. just more harassment from the guy I got my books from.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that some of The Collectors esitmates (even at the low end) seem to be a bit high for V through VII. But you have to remember that while books 1 and 2 aren't S/L's, they are still included and so $5k is a fair deal IMO.
    Agreed, his price isn't bad.
    I just wanted to point out that estimates were high on the Collector's site.
    Mark Twain

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can vouch for Kris...He and I have done some business and I have zero issues with him based on my experience.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I can vouch for Kris...He and I have done some business and I have zero issues with him based on my experience.
    Thanks man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

Doctor Sleep - Cemetery Dance Internal Proof. I've been told is worth $650 due to the low number printed.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post
    Doctor Sleep - Cemetery Dance Internal Proof. I've been told is worth $650 due to the low number printed.
    I had a "bad" experience that says NO, not worth $650....I paid $500 for a copy...tried to sell it at Betts for 3 months (A LOT of people saw it)...I finally sold it for $375 to a member here who I think got a great deal....my two cents...worth $450 tops.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

interesting. i know someone who paid more than 550.

i'll take offers, but i don't think you'll see another one for sale. i know where 3 of them are and there were only 20 total, with 10 being released.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost?
    I had a "bad" experience that says NO, not worth $650....I paid $500 for a copy...tried to sell it at Betts for 3 months (A LOT of people saw it)...I finally sold it for $375 to a member here who I think got a great deal....my two cents...worth $450 tops.
    To tell you the truth, as soon as I saw it for $375 I kinda wondered why it hadn't sold. I knew the print run was relatively low, but not as low as it actually was (per jhanic, 20 made, 10 used internally, 10 available to collectors). The only thing that comes to mind is that folks thought it was the Scribner proof, which would have made $375 high for that. I hadn't checked the Betts website for awhile before that night, and happened to time it lucky with David posting a new batch. I'm pretty damn happy that I caught it; it wasn't even on my proofs radar due to rarity, I didn't think I'd ever have a chance at getting a copy. I think this is one of those "uh-ohs" that a bunch of people just missed for whatever reason. Perhaps not $650 today, but I can see it being a lot more costly down the road. JMO.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

you got a good deal. :-)

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid more than $375 for mine.......

There's 4/10, maybe 5/10 out there. I guess this is one of the remaining 5.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway... great discussion guys! If no ones buys the whole set... you guys think I should break the 9 volumes up and sell them individually?
    Obviously you need to do what you need to do to get your sale, but if you have no urgency for getting your dollars out of the set, I reckon hold on to the matching S/L's for as long as you can, as it seems a shame to break up a large number of matching numbers. But if you want your money, you may have better luck splitting them up.... just my 2.4c worth (NZD equivalent of 2c)

Country
    Country Flag

Anyway... great discussion guys! If no ones buys the whole set... you guys think I should break the 9 volumes up and sell them individually?
    Obviously you need to do what you need to do to get your sale, but if you have no urgency for getting your dollars out of the set, I reckon hold on to the matching S/L's for as long as you can, as it seems a shame to break up a large number of matching numbers. But if you want your money, you may have better luck splitting them up.... just my 2.4c worth (NZD equivalent of 2c)
    Thanks... I hate to see same numbers broke up for sure... my friend collects and tells me to keep it cause if another DT book comes out I will have the right to the number at retail... (that is a real gamble though) lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Re: the Doctor Sleep proof. I think I am in the minority here but I have never even considered paying any money for any CD proof. The market value of a proof is not solely determined by scarcity, IMO. To me, a proof is only interesting if it's the proof of the true 1st edition of a book. On top of that I have no love for shiny ARCs that look like a PB version of the hardcover edition (but I am weird like that, I much prefer the plain look of a true proof, because it's a truly different state of a book).

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's crazy talk They're all paperback versions of the hardcover, even if not shiny ... some are exact copies (Bag of Bones, etc.). While I like the old-style proofs (Carrie, EOTD, Talisman) I kinda like the new styles as well.

Come on Michaël, into the 21st century kicking and screaming you go!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You will get more money by breaking it up.

The odds of someone dropping $5K on a set of books (above#500) are slim to none.

That being said, when selling them, you should mention in each auction (if you go the ebay route) that you have the matching numbers, and will be listing them two per month.

Doing that might inspire someone to buy the first one from you on ebay, and the rest from you outside of ebay over a period of time.

It might take you longer to sell them, but you will save the ebay fees.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by sunnylea57 View Post
    Is it just me, or do anyone else feel queasy about a seller making the terms of a private sale public? I have always considered private sales as just that private.. Am I old fashion?
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It does seem like bad form...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 515 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast