Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 515 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 352 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I am interested in seeing some pics.
    I'm sorry, but in my opinion "I'm interested in seeing some pics" means that you are interested in seeing some pics. Nothing more. Also.......KingFan sent me a PM expressing interest in buying the book (not just an interest in seeing photos) 40 minutes before your initial post.

Gunslinger Apprentice BrighterDeathNow will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I must admit when I read Michaël's initial post about seeing some pictures my first thought was that he was interested in buying the book.
    Me too. He should have had first dibs...
    Even if I were to take his "I'm interested in seeing some pics" as a "hey, I'm interested in possibly buying the book", he still would have been 4th in line.

Who knew selling a book could cause such drama. Geeesh.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrighterDeathNow View Post
    I must admit when I read Michaël's initial post about seeing some pictures my first thought was that he was interested in buying the book.
    Even if I were to take his "I'm interested in seeing some pics" as a "hey, I'm interested in possibly buying the book", he still would have been 4th in line.

That will teach ya! Should have asked for more...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Edited my previous post to include pictures.

Tippy, I received your PM but cannot find the email.
    ornate1@aol.com

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Who knew expressing one's opinion could cause such drama!

Relax, apparently several people thought my intentions were clear, whereas others felt I should have been more explicit. From now on every post I write will be a pure expression of unambiguous prose.

Apparently 5+ years of TDT membership and 5000+ posts without major misunderstandings lulled me into a false sense of security, thinking I'm able to get my point across. Oh well.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

From now on every post I write will be a pure expression of unambiguous prose.
    I laughed at that one Michaël :-)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Nickelwise is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelwise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickelwise View Post
    Selling:
    The Dark Man S/L, #416, unread. Asking $325
    The Very Best Of Best New Horror S/L #66. Asking $300

I will likely be listing more in the next few days. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm listing these on the Cemetery Dance forum as well.
    Also selling my NM copy of Borderlands 5 S/L #350. Asking $175

I forgot to add earlier, $6 for shipping for each. All serious offers considered. If someone wants all three, I'll knock $75 off the total price.
    knocking $25 off the asking price on each of these.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hm. I was the first to express my interest and ask for pics. But hey, why go through the hassle of asking me if I'm still interested after seeing the pics when you can sell it to the last person sending you a PM, right? Much more convenient.
    Don't feel too bad... As soon as I saw post, I sent him an email with my email address for pics stating, " I am interested and have a replacement cover for it." and heard or saw nothing in response.
    Perhaps spam intervened or I was not as quick on the draw.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try real hard, you'll get what you need"

I did not need it!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No worries, I'm not made of sugar (is that an expression in English as well?). But as a Gunslinger 1st is the only US 1st trade edition I do not yet own I got a little agitated. It's not the first time I miss out on an opportunity like this.

Oh, and I don't begrudge the person who got this at all.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like hearing differing opinions, so I appreciate you guys who expressed a different view.

Sorry you missed out on this book, Michaël. Same for you others who tried. Congrats to buyer.

At a $10 purchase cost and a $300 sales price a few days later, I'd say the seller did very well. BrighterDeathNow, are you going to at least buy that Facebook childhood friend a beer?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Edited my previous post to include pictures.

Tippy, I received your PM but cannot find the email.
    ornate1@aol.com
    You may want to check you junk or spam folder, as I contacted you via the email that you have registered with this site.

It is too late now, but thought I would let you know.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Well... against my wallets better judgement I bought the 'slinger... but I am FREAKING EXCITED! So that being said i need to find a new DJ... anyone? anyone?
    Not me.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Har har har.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here. I would think at the least a PM to Michaël should have occured before the sale. My viewpoint is of course from the outside. I don't know what communication(s) where occurring outside of this thread.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Okay - heres my point of view. I told Michael that if he had messaged brighter before I had, or even posted that comment before I had, that he could have the book. I told him it was certainly his if he had beat me.

If you look at brighters post, he states that I was the very first to message him, 40 minutes prior to him receiving any other type of communication from anyone.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Twice last week members were selling items that I really wanted. Twice I was told that I was a day late and a dollar short, as they say (I believe 3rd in line and 2nd in line of letting my intentions known). I have no idea what went on with PMs or emails, so I have to take their word that I suck.

Just have to wait for the next great deal, as with this website, there's always another!

Gunslinger Apprentice ap275 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe a new policy needs to be implemented here - maybe potential buyers need to post here first that they are interested in the book to establish priority. Email can end up in spam folder or actually be received much later than when it is actually sent.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ap275 View Post
    Maybe a new policy needs to be implemented here - maybe potential buyers need to post here first that they are interested in the book to establish priority. Email can end up in spam folder or actually be received much later than when it is actually sent.
    I do that. I PM or email, whichever the seller requests, and also post here that I did send a PM or email.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Okay - heres my point of view. I told Michael that if he had messaged brighter before I had, or even posted that comment before I had, that he could have the book. I told him it was certainly his if he had beat me.

If you look at brighters post, he states that I was the very first to message him, 40 minutes prior to him receiving any other type of communication from anyone.
    Ok folks kingfan bought it square and fair. No new policies needed. The only caveat I would add is that as a seller I reserve the right to sell to whomever I please. If it is someone I've dealt with here before successfully or if it is someone who cut me a good deal before, they get priority regardless of order.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post

Ok folks kingfan bought it square and fair. No new policies needed. The only caveat I would add is that as a seller I reserve the right to sell to whomever I please. If it is someone I've dealt with here before successfully or if it is someone who cut me a good deal before, they get priority regardless of order.

I like your policy Jason.

-G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think we need a new "policy". Almost all of the time transactions occur with both parties being satisfied. When someone is upset, I think the community is self-policing.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If I want rules, I go to eBay. If I want handshake deals based on mutual respect and trust, I come to TheDarkTower.org.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Twice last week members were selling items that I really wanted. Twice I was told that I was a day late and a dollar short, as they say
    Don't you just hate that? I'd rather be broke and know that I can't afford it rather than having it be one that got away because my daughter decided it had to be that minute that she needed to show me her new Octonauts toy, and then come back to see the new posting just two minutes ago ... two minutes. Grrrrr.

Stupid Octonauts! (yes, true story in case you couldn't tell)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I don't think we need a new "policy". Almost all of the time transactions occur with both parties being satisfied. When someone is upset, I think the community is self-policing.
    We don't need new policies. Most are upset because the nicest guy on here was gazumped!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 515 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 352 ... LastLast