Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Books VS. Movies

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. If singing Jesus and Judas are ok - and even someone who is very anti-Christian would admit, I hope, that at least as literary characters they don't exactly belong to Singing in the Rain, - why not Roland?

Daghain: about books and musicals again - the best Shakespearean adaptation I know is West-Side Story.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I could look into your mind Jean and I could see that musical.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't actually sat through all of West-Side Story. I guess I'll have to, someday.

I DO know the worst one ever had to be the recent Love's Labor Lost - I think Nathan Lane needed the rent money. Hideous.

Hmmm. Which makes me think of a new topic.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

Silence Of The Lambs was an awesome movie, I found the book to be rather bland in comparison.

kit

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

for the most part, I would prefer the books to the movies...
    In SK books, that has ALWAYS been true.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to say this but most of the SK movies are horrible.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You look surprised Monte...

Country
    Country Flag

What about Shawshank?
    What about Misery?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What about The Green Mile?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, she said most, not all.

But yes, you guys are correct, those are definitely exceptions.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Feverishparade is the exception!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    What about The Green Mile?
    Yesyes. I have said most and not all so don't be so surprised.
    The Green Mile is the bestest exception. That film.. rocks.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am afraid I am the only one who didn't like the Green Mile. Neither the film nor even the book. The only King movie I loved was Shawshank.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I am afraid I am the only one who didn't like the Green Mile. Neither the film nor even the book. The only King movie I loved was Shawshank.
    Don't be afraid dear Jean. I would be very surprised (and I don't like being surprised ) if you liked any of them.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Stand By Me? Easily the best!

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, I wasn't a big fan of the movie but I did enjoy it. I actually thought it was better than the book, in terms of entertainment. The book was pretty good but I'm in no hurry at all to read that a second time.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Feverishparade is the exception!
    I don't know why, but this is cauisng me great amusment in my current drunken-state. Gracias Señor Mordred.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Jean, I wasn't a big fan of the movie but I did enjoy it. I actually thought it was better than the book, in terms of entertainment. The book was pretty good but I'm in no hurry at all to read that a second time.
    Well, the Green Mile movie was definitely shorter than the book, and I am very sorry to say that it was what really made it better (a very rare case with King). I still feel kinda ashamed for the filmmakers when I remember that stardust from John's mouth... so very Disney-ish.

Country
    Country Flag

that stardust from John's mouth... so very Disney-ish.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I don't know. If singing Jesus and Judas are ok - and even someone who is very anti-Christian would admit, I hope, that at least as literary characters they don't exactly belong to Singing in the Rain, - why not Roland?

Daghain: about books and musicals again - the best Shakespearean adaptation I know is West-Side Story.

This made me think of Clint Eastwood singing in Paint your Wagons. While I love that movie, Clint should not sing.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

He did try hard though didn't he?

That movie is a classic!!

Nice to see you Telynn
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Thanks, nice to see everyone too.

Yep, Paint Your Wagons is one of those must rent and show to the younger generation movies.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think one of the best movie adaptations, was Secret Window. I was nervous when I first saw it, but surprised that it kept true to the book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I think one of the best movie adaptations, was Secret Window. I was nervous when I first saw it, but surprised that it kept true to the book.
    I have heared about that movie I am planning to watch it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast