Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1184

Thread: Bookcases

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Good looking cases, Brian!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Nice cases everyone. I just bought another book shelf that can be stacked on one I already have. Lucky for me I still have some space to go with what I have. Maybe
    when I have them more full, I will post some pics here.
    Thanks, guys! I'd love to see a pic of your setup, Mike. You don't need a crazy amount of books to show off. You have some greats in your collection.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=namelessnpoor;1213111]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Got these put together this weekend and they'll already be full when I'm done.

If you don't mind saying...how much and where did you get them?
    Not at all. I was going to go with Ikea, like the one's RF has because I love his display. But, shipping cost was nuts and the closest store is 6 hours round trip for me. Biggest city in KS, you'd think we'd have one here Or at least OKC or Tulsa which would have knocked the drive down to 3 hours round trip.

I was gifted two cases about 2 years ago I think now so I went on a hunt looking to match those. I went to that old faithful Amazon and these were an exact match! I'm a Prime member so shipping was free and it took about a week and half for them to arrive. You can put them together in a couple hours. Shipping weight for each is 102 lbs so you'll need some help getting them into the house. My UPS man loves me for this one. Anyway, way more than you wanted to know so here's the link:

Ameriwood Home Alton Alley 4 Shelf Barrister Bookcase, Espresso

And holy shit! I paid $182 a piece for mine! They are now down to $117. Fill up the house! I just ordered two more.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

I think I asked this previously, but does anyone know - does MDF need a shelf liner? I have some bookcases that are the nicer end of the generic store bookcases, and they are colored MDF (i.e., the color is part of the board and not like a paint or anything). I know wood without a liner can damage books, but does the same apply to MDF?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Brian861;1213125]
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Got these put together this weekend and they'll already be full when I'm done.

If you don't mind saying...how much and where did you get them?
    Not at all. I was going to go with Ikea, like the one's RF has because I love his display. But, shipping cost was nuts and the closest store is 6 hours round trip for me. Biggest city in KS, you'd think we'd have one here Or at least OKC or Tulsa which would have knocked the drive down to 3 hours round trip.

I was gifted two cases about 2 years ago I think now so I went on a hunt looking to match those. I went to that old faithful Amazon and these were an exact match! I'm a Prime member so shipping was free and it took about a week and half for them to arrive. You can put them together in a couple hours. Shipping weight for each is 102 lbs so you'll need some help getting them into the house. My UPS man loves me for this one. Anyway, way more than you wanted to know so here's the link:

Ameriwood Home Alton Alley 4 Shelf Barrister Bookcase, Espresso

And holy shit! I paid $182 a piece for mine! They are now down to $117. Fill up the house! I just ordered two more.
    They look really nice....but nearly one quarter of the review on Amazon are One Star.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    They look really nice....but nearly one quarter of the review on Amazon are One Star.
    I skimmed through the 1 star reviews and frankly some folks are idiots when it comes to assembling and following directions. I can put 'em together within 2 hours. I guess I've been lucky with mine as far as damage and I can't speak to customer service as I haven't had to reach out. I would have shouted from the mountain tops if they were junk. Experiences will vary I reckon. I'd really like to have Hale's, but unfortunately, they're out of my price range.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I skimmed through the 1 star reviews and frankly some folks are idiots when it comes to assembling and following directions. I can put 'em together within 2 hours. I guess I've been lucky with mine as far as damage and I can't speak to customer service as I haven't had to reach out. I would have shouted from the mountain tops if there were junk. Experiences will vary I reckon. I'd really like to have Hale's, but unfortunately, they're out of my price range.
    Thanks for that.

Do yourself a favor.....don't go HALE.....I did.....wish I had not.....once you start....you cant change...and they are pricey.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

I skimmed through the 1 star reviews and frankly some folks are idiots when it comes to assembling and following directions. I can put 'em together within 2 hours. I guess I've been lucky with mine as far as damage and I can't speak to customer service as I haven't had to reach out. I would have shouted from the mountain tops if there were junk. Experiences will vary I reckon. I'd really like to have Hale's, but unfortunately, they're out of my price range.
    Thanks for that.

Do yourself a favor.....don't go HALE.....I did.....wish I had not.....once you start....you cant change...and they are pricey.
    Most welcome. I knew they had to be great stuff when Bob Jackson sang their praises. If I were to use them; they'd be empty because that's where all the book money would be tied up. Maybe if I limited my collecting habits significantly I could go that route. For now, the cheapo's are serving the purpose.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that.

The barrister cases that Brian has are made of MDF. That is laminated paper. For the price I'd say they are a great deal.

Hale are real wood cases. The price is relative to the quality.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The barrister cases that Brian has are made of MDF. That is laminated paper. For the price I'd say they are a great deal.

Hale are real wood cases. The price is relative to the quality.
    Correct. What my old man would have called shitwood. He and my grandfather both were carpenters by trade. And both are probably turning over in their graves knowing these are even in my home. Unfortunately, the gene didn't get passed down to me and they both passed before I got the collecting bug. Otherwise, I'm sure I would own some immaculate pieces to house my books.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if Ikea ever has sales on bookcases (billy), and if so when they typically are?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Does anyone know if Ikea ever has sales on bookcases (billy), and if so when they typically are?
    Might be best to sign up for their newsletter.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that.

An update to this. One of the cases in my last order arrived with a broken piece. I phoned the customer service numbered provided on a Monday and the new piece arrived on Thursday of the same week. Pretty much hassle free when you have the correct information to give them.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Might be best to sign up for their newsletter.
    Thanks, I apparently already have an account with them, but couldn't reset the password, so joined again under new email address. (took forever for it to go through)

But at anyrate, would still like to know if anyone knows if they have sales on these and how often. If they don't have sales, I might as well order now, but if I can save some moolah, I'll wait.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Perhaps you will find this of interest:

This Designer Created a Bookshelf That Can Be Turned Into a Coffin After Death

https://mymodernmet.com/william-warren-shelves-of-life/
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Brian, this is a taste of what the room looks like. I have more detailed photos if people want them here or in my thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Some nice stuff there for sure, Mike. I'm still working on my setup. Man, I didn't realize I had some much crap.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Perhaps you will find this of interest:

This Designer Created a Bookshelf That Can Be Turned Into a Coffin After Death

https://mymodernmet.com/william-warren-shelves-of-life/
    That's a lot of DIY
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I went to Wal-Mart today, where I finally asked a sales rep about a damaged box containing a 5 shelf bookcase I wanted to buy for the last month, listed at $109, a Better Homes & Gardens brand, the floor model of which looked to be of fairly decent construction.
    She pecked away at her electronic device for a while and came back, saying they would discount it to $54.50, half off! Did I still want it?
    Now all I have to do is take all of the books out of three existing shelves, move the shelves about 12 inches, put all the books back in, then assemble the new shelf and put it in its new place to take up the overflow of Suntup and Stephen King books.
    No problem!
    Carrying 65 pounds up the stairs isn't as easy as it used to be!

While taking the picture the right side front half of my $1700 old Minolta digital camera just fell right off! I pushed the parts back in and put a rubber band around the body of the camera and the darn thing still works, now with a rubber band also around the flash part of the camera. I need to buy a new camera.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Here is an updated picture

My Mood
    Cool

My Mood
    Cool

My Mood
    Cool

My Mood
    Cool

My Mood
    Cool

My Mood
    Cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast