Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Bookcases

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's so easy to find TONS of stuff in those catalogs! Haven't gotten one since I moved, though - hoping I get new one soon with a current 15% off code since I just realized the one I have is expired!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Thanks to an unexpected bump to my bonus at work, I'm about to bite the bullet and get new glass-doored bookcases for my library!

But first a few questions for Patrick/Dags/pablo/whoever else bought the Oxford cases from Home Decorators. Now that you've had your bookcases for a while, how do you like them? I'm looking at versions of the same one in black (since they no longer offer honey and neither the merlot or white will work well with my color scheme). Are the shelves bowing at all? Any other feedback?

Thankee-sai!!
    Congrats on the bonus bonus, Gretchen!

My Oxford bookcase is holding up well. However I have loaded it up even more heavily than it was in this photo upthread.

I would recommend getting something not quite as wide as 48" because with everything I have in there, there is a very slight bow to a couple of the shelves. If you are going to display with some empty space, then this width should not be a problem.

Good luck!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to an unexpected bump to my bonus at work, I'm about to bite the bullet and get new glass-doored bookcases for my library!

But first a few questions for Patrick/Dags/pablo/whoever else bought the Oxford cases from Home Decorators. Now that you've had your bookcases for a while, how do you like them? I'm looking at versions of the same one in black (since they no longer offer honey and neither the merlot or white will work well with my color scheme). Are the shelves bowing at all? Any other feedback?

Thankee-sai!!
    The only ones that bow at all are the 48" wide and it's not that bad, but the 24" and the 36" don't bow at all.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

pixie, I believe many here have those Billy bookcases from Ikea. From what I hear, they're pretty nice!
    I just bought 3 of them.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I would recommend getting something not quite as wide as 48" because with everything I have in there, there is a very slight bow to a couple of the shelves. If you are going to display with some empty space, then this width should not be a problem.
    In my experience what starts out as "empty space" is soon taken up by more books.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was about to ask what is empty space on a bookshelf...other than space that is waiting for more books.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    pixie, I believe many here have those Billy bookcases from Ikea. From what I hear, they're pretty nice!
    I just bought 3 of them.
    How's everything coming along in the new house, Mr. RT?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I just bought 3 of them.
    How's everything coming along in the new house, Mr. RT?
    Starting to take shape, but now covered in Christmas decorations. If I see another red and green thing, I'll go mad

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

In my experience what starts out as "empty space" is soon taken up by more books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I was about to ask what is empty space on a bookshelf...other than space that is waiting for more books.
    Same for me! But then you see some of the bookcases in here looking all professionally displayed like Jerome's top shelves.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Order placed today with expected shipping on Monday!

Here's the ones I ordered - should look familiar to a few of you. I'm getting 5 36" wide units in black - 2 6-shelf and 3 3-shelf. Gonna take me DAYS to put 'em together and then another few weeks to get 'em loaded, but I can't wait!! And yes pictures of the new and improved library will come!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Can't wait to see some photos. I'm sure they'll look great once put together.

By the way, did you have a coupon? I signed up for their mailing list specifically to get a coupon for some darn bookcases, but I've yet to receive one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

There was a coupon code on my catalog, but it wasn't the 15% off one. I only ended up with $50 off, but $50 is $50!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'd take $50 off! Though, with the ridiculously high shipping charges, they kind of cancel each other out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, five new bookcases at one time! I cannot wait to see them, Gretchen!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Miss Gretchen!!

Can't wait to see the finished results !!

Karl

Country
    Country Flag

Short ones are here!

My favorite lines from the assembly instructions: "NOTE: When the glass door assemble,please do not run into the glass by hand." and "If the glass is dirtied,you can using cleanser purge of glass."

The good news is that everything's labeled well (including all the hardware) and I've found ZERO damage. Only opened the first one though, so keep your fingers crossed!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, aren't their instructions the greatest?

Good luck with the rest, Gretchen!

On a side note, I am quite annoyed that they have discontinued offering the "Honey" color because now I cannot order another that will match my first.

Country
    Country Flag

Same reason I'm ordering the black, actually. I would've much rather gotten another bookcase to match what I already have, but the company's apparently gone out of business. Also why I ordered 5!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wrote customer services about whether they will offer the Honey finish.

Not too helpful....

Thank you for your email.

Our records indicate we only offer the Oxford Bookcase with Glass Doors in the black, white, or merlot finishes. Unfortunately, we do not know if or when we will be offering this item again in the honey finish. I do apologize for any issues this may cause.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for shopping with Home Decorators Collection. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Shayla W

Internet Representative
    I'm on the fence now, as my 4 barrister cases are a much closer match to the Honey color.

Patrick--thanks for the coupon offer. I think we'll have to think about this a bit longer.

Bill

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You could always get black or white as a complimentary color, I guess. Bummer.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for contacting them, Bill, since I was too lazy. Yeah, it's a bummer.

Country
    Country Flag

Tippy, what's the width of the bookcase you have in post #186? If you posted it, I think I skipped over it.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a Home Decorators % off coupon?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit, I just threw a catalog away yesterday.

I'll keep an eye out for one, but since I haven't bought furniture in quite awhile, I probably won't see one in the near future.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast