Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1181

Thread: Bookcases

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They were prizes given out at a signing event in Florida. Tickets were $25 or a $100 each (I think but cannot remember exactly) and they gave away 20 books from Kings personal library that he signed and they came wrapped with a letter in them.
    I won two that night as most didn’t seem to be interested in them. It was for charity and many were won by members here
    $25 each or five for $100 maybe.
    Maybe. I honestly cannot remember other than I thought it was a lot for a ticket. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But not for signed King books.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They were prizes given out at a signing event in Florida. Tickets were $25 or a $100 each (I think but cannot remember exactly) and they gave away 20 books from Kings personal library that he signed and they came wrapped with a letter in them.
    I won two that night as most didn’t seem to be interested in them. It was for charity and many were won by members here
    Maybe. I honestly cannot remember other than I thought it was a lot for a ticket. Haha

Yes. They were 100% signed. The tickets were sold for the draw.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think you have an IT fixation
    Lol little

Great clean presentation, Kris. Your EOTD is displayed nice. A particularly special one?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yeah there is that and a WTTKH. They were prizes given out at a signing event in Florida. Tickets were $25 or a $100 each (I think but cannot remember exactly) and they gave away 20 books from Kings personal library that he signed and they came wrapped with a letter in them.

I figured there was a cool story behind those. Thanks for sharing.

That Florida trip has a lot of cool stories.

Stephen King Signing & Event-Manatee Florida 1/29/2015

This was fun to look at!

A lot of history with some of you guys.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

From King's library...I won a WTTKH AND a Talisman/Black House Gift edition signed by King...yes, wrapped with a letter.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You misunderstood. $25 is pricey for a ticket but cheap for a signed book. I know they were signed. I was there remember? I won a Four Past Midnight.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    From King's library...I won a WTTKH AND a Talisman/Black House Gift edition signed by King...yes, wrapped with a letter.
    Sounds like TDT.org Mafia cleaned up that night in 2015!

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I added lights too. I have two other cases for the very rare stuff. I’m almost out of room again!

Nice shelves !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Jerome... your bookcases from a IKEA... are the still holding up? any warping of the shelves?
    this is the ones you have, right?
    I had several IKEA Billy bookcases with the glass fronts, but after a while the shelves warped. I binned the lot.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Jerome... your bookcases from a IKEA... are the still holding up? any warping of the shelves?
    I had several IKEA Billy bookcases with the glass fronts, but after a while the shelves warped. I binned the lot.
    Funny I have never heard of this. Too much moisture in your area? Weight on the shelves? I only say that cause ANYONE I know with these cases has nothing but glowing reviews and I am now one of them guys
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

You misunderstood. $25 is pricey for a ticket but cheap for a signed book. I know they were signed. I was there remember? I won a Four Past Midnight.
    Yes I do. I meant it was a lot for a ticket. FOr me that was like $42 CAD to get a ticket! However it did pay off
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Funny I have never heard of this. Too much moisture in your area? Weight on the shelves? I only say that cause ANYONE I know with these cases has nothing but glowing reviews and I am now one of them guys
    Just weight. Over time chipboard degrades. Mine were great for 5 years. I should have made hardwood shelves but I just got hardwood bookcases instead.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just weight. Over time chipboard degrades. Mine were great for 5 years. I should have made hardwood shelves but I just got hardwood bookcases instead.

I went ahead and bought 2 of the IKEA cases... my thought pattern...
    The cheapest I could find quality hardwood cases was 1200.00+ most cost upwards of 2 grand.
    Each of the IKEA cases cost $169.00.

From the sound of most of the other reviewers, they'll last a lot longer...but "IF" they only last 5 years... I can buy 7 to 8+ IKEA cases for every hardwood case. That means I could replace the case every 5 years... for 35 to 40 years...if needed, and break even.
    Since I'm a single, childless, 61 year old guy... I'm not looking to buy heirloom furniture for anyone. I'm pretty sure, by the time I die, the cheaper cases will come out as a better fiscal buy for me... as long as they function properly and look nice... which these do.

I prefer lawyer book cases... but they are not available that fit the space, provide the shelf space I need, and are in the price range I want to spend at this time.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I went ahead and bought 2 of the IKEA cases... my thought pattern...
    The cheapest I could find quality hardwood cases was 1200.00+ most cost upwards of 2 grand.
    Each of the IKEA cases cost $169.00.

From the sound of most of the other reviewers, they'll last a lot longer...but "IF" they only last 5 years... I can buy 7 to 8+ IKEA cases for every hardwood case. That means I could replace the case every 5 years... for 35 to 40 years...if needed, and break even.
    Since I'm a single, childless, 61 year old guy... I'm not looking to buy heirloom furniture for anyone. I'm pretty sure, by the time I die, the cheaper cases will come out as a better fiscal buy for me... as long as they function properly and look nice... which these do.

I prefer lawyer book cases... but they are not available that fit the space, provide the shelf space I need, and are in the price range I want to spend at this time.
    Pretty much the same thought process that went through my head when I made the same decision (except I am younger )
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I added lights too. I have two other cases for the very rare stuff. I’m almost out of room again!

Nice shelves !
    That bottom shelf is so full of IT!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think that was the cost of the raffle tickets. I love the JAS I win that night.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Being curious, Kris : what are all those copies? First editions? Signed first editions?
    Do you plan on keeping them all, or maybe let some go in order to fund other purchases?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Being curious, Kris : what are all those copies? First editions? Signed first editions?
    Do you plan on keeping them all, or maybe let some go in order to fund other purchases?
    Just near fine to fine IT 1st. They all have the leather like Whiley slipcases too. Just keeping them. There is 27.... like the years Pennywise returns. Out of All those copies and the 100’s I had and got rid of... I only have ONE flawless VERY fine unread copy. Only one I’ve seen in fact.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just near fine to fine IT 1st. They all have the leather like Whiley slipcases too. Just keeping them. There is 27.... like the years Pennywise returns. Out of All those copies and the 100’s I had and got rid of... I only have ONE flawless VERY fine unread copy. Only one I’ve seen in fact.

Bet I have one that is better...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice displays! Congrats!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok... so, I need to buy a new bookcase... I have a serious overflow problem. However, All the places I bought my last bookcases are now MIA.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/billy-o...ass-s59228746/

I plan to add a case in front of the window... needs to be at least 5 shelves, 72" in height less than 62 " in width... and under a grand.

Any alternate suggestions where to get a bookcase that matches these requirements? anyone?

I searched for 5 hours now and the IKEA one... although it doesn't match at all, seems to be the closest I can find to fit the area.

I would really have liked to find one like this one (The size I need and that matches a bit better), that I bought about 6 years ago... but it seems that it is no where to be found.

All my cases are over-flowing, most are doubled up... and have now I've got books on the kitchen counter and dining room table... and several unboxed limiteds.
    Come to California, Terry. I'll give you a good deal on my bookcase that matches this one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got these put together this weekend and they'll already be full when I'm done.

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Got these put together this weekend and they'll already be full when I'm done.

If you don't mind saying...how much and where did you get them?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good looking cases, Brian!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Nice cases everyone. I just bought another book shelf that can be stacked on one I already have. Lucky for me I still have some space to go with what I have. Maybe
    when I have them more full, I will post some pics here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast