Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How Do You Rank Black House Overall?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it - 5

44 48.35%
  • It was good - 4

15 16.48%
  • Average - 3

11 12.09%
  • Only so-so - 2

2 2.20%
  • I didnt like it - 1

2 2.20%
  • Never Read

17 18.68%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Black House--Bracket 10 Runner-Up!

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But..but you didn't tell me.

Big respeck. Thanks, honey.
    Heng Dai

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Welcome. Now, lest I go crazy looking at it and wondering why, where is the first quotation mark in the quote in your signature? Did it abscond with that cute blonde girl that you keep talking about? Or maybe it got lost in the fridge (there is a bowl with leftovers in it that has been there since Hurricane Ike). It's possible that I accidentally threw it away when I was cleaning up cigg butts. Or maybe it ran away, crying, because you were mean to it?

I suggest you find it, because honey, you need that goddamn quotation mark.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Along the Path of the Beam riknofx is on a distinguished road riknofx's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For any Tower fan this is absolutely required reading.(also see Insomnia!) The Talisman too, but this and the last few tower books are key to DT7.IMO of course. You really could even read this first if you haven't read the Talisman yet but have read, or are reading DT V, VI, VII. This and Insomnia take awhile to get going... but once the hooks are in, the DT connections start to snowball and rewarding reading only SK can give begins. One of my favorites for sure.
    "Please be calm! Remember that these things exist on a different level of reality than the one your on now." -Doc#1/ Clotho:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

One of my absolute favorites. Gets even better on re-read(s).
    Ditto

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by riknofx View Post
    For any Tower fan this is absolutely required reading.(also see Insomnia!) The Talisman too, but this and the last few tower books are key to DT7.IMO of course. You really could even read this first if you haven't read the Talisman yet but have read, or are reading DT V, VI, VII. This and Insomnia take awhile to get going... but once the hooks are in, the DT connections start to snowball and rewarding reading only SK can give begins. One of my favorites for sure.
    I strongly disagree. Black House had me hoping Jack would be a part of DT VII and he wasn't. Nor was Parkus. A huge let down for me. If they make another Talisman book, I hope they keep it the hell away from anything related to the Dark Tower.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I give it a 5.

Malshun was an interesting creature, and the trip to End-World got me excited for the last 3 Tower books. Henry was cool, but I'd like to hang out with the Thunder Five.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Welcome. Now, lest I go crazy looking at it and wondering why, where is the first quotation mark in the quote in your signature? Did it abscond with that cute blonde girl that you keep talking about? Or maybe it got lost in the fridge (there is a bowl with leftovers in it that has been there since Hurricane Ike). It's possible that I accidentally threw it away when I was cleaning up cigg butts. Or maybe it ran away, crying, because you were mean to it?

I suggest you find it, because honey, you need that goddamn quotation mark.
    I sold the quotation mark to purchase back our son from slave traders. Apparently, our loving daughter decided that he was too whiny and cute for her endurance, so she threw him down a well and traded him to Egyptians for a Polly Pocket and a half-used yellow legal pad. I drowned Polly Pocket to sleep in the toilet tank and made thirty-seven yellow paper geese in vengence, and then traded the Eqyptian slavers the quotation mark for the boy. I convinced the cocksuckers that it was the key to unlocking the mysteries of their ancient tongue. Then I threw balloons full of pig urine at the bastards as we trolloped triumphantly into the fucking sunset.

And I already cleaned those leftovers out of the fridge.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Family feud!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Anyone who was the time and tenacity to get pig urine into a balloon deserves the right to have grammatical errors in their signature.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

Heng Dai

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i may now have to give up television in favor of watching the "hannah and aaron show"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2