Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shop 'til you drop! The TDT.com store contest!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Shop 'til you drop! The TDT.com store contest!

As you may or may not know, we have a store at Cafe Press:

http://www.cafepress.com/growbag

All proceeds from the store go to the Haven Foundation.

Now, in the interest of offering up more options for people (and my own personal amusement) I thought it would be fun to have a little artwork contest. The rules are simple: any subject matter is acceptable as long as it relates to the Dark Tower.

You've got until December 24, 2008 to submit artwork. There will be NO extensions available. When the contest closes we'll vote and the winner's submission will be used on the goodies at the store.

If we get a lot of submissions, I'll be taking the top three, so consider that an incentive to participate!

Helpful hint: the closer you can keep your artwork to the parameters below, the more stuff I can put it on.

10" x 10" @ 200 DPI
    (2000 pixels X 2000 pixels)

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

not that i'm going to participate (i can't even draw a stick figure) but can people submit things they have submitted for other contests on the site. say for example, a certain member's eddie tarot card? (hint hint)

just curious.
    Last edited by The Lady of Shadows; 12-10-2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: i obviously can't spell or write today

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i second that question.
    as well as that certain person's Oy, even if it didn't win?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope, I'd like original stuff, please. Makes for a more level playing field. I may take requests later, but for now let's go with this.

And t/s, you need to go look in the store. *winks*

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Nope, I'd like original stuff, please. Makes for a more level playing field. I may take requests later, but for now let's go with this.

And t/s, you need to go look in the store. *winks*

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Where's the Greta Shaw dart board you promised?

hey ryan? i've got your greta shaw dartboard right here my friend.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we need a Sylvia Pittston calendar for Coz.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be looking through the store, but I will not be submitting any artwork. Apparently turtlesong draws better than I do. (And before you go protesting anything t/s remember this... I once tried to draw a straight line using a pencil and a ruler. It took me three tries to draw a crooked chalk line.)
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Y'all need to do a shotglass. I collect shotglasses and would be forced to buy one. I mean NO ONE has done a Stephen King related shotglass yet that I know of.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'll be looking through the store, but I will not be submitting any artwork. Apparently turtlesong draws better than I do. (And before you go protesting anything t/s remember this... I once tried to draw a straight line using a pencil and a ruler. It took me three tries to draw a crooked chalk line.)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Y'all need to do a shotglass. I collect shotglasses and would be forced to buy one. I mean NO ONE has done a Stephen King related shotglass yet that I know of.
    Alas, I am limited by what Cafe Press has in stock. I'm guessing it might be harder to print onto glass. *shrugs*

Country
    Country Flag

I know it can be done, but I don't know the prices or logistics of it.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Really Sam? I had no idea that shot glasses could have designs.

Just giving you a hard time. If I find one I promise to bring it with me the next time I visit my family in Lancaster.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a friend that does carvings in shot glasses...he has some sort of laser machine...and he made me one with the Ka symbol on it but it shattered in my move across the country. I about died when I unpacked it.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cafe Press just has a limited amount of stuff they sell, and we're stuck with that. It's not bad, but a lot of those little random things people might want, like shot glasses, just don't exist. I'm hoping we get some good submissions for this thread.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Pssst. Um, if it's on a mug, how can we get it on a shirt?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Really Sam? I had no idea that shot glasses could have designs.

Just giving you a hard time. If I find one I promise to bring it with me the next time I visit my family in Lancaster.
    Next time you're coming to Lancaster, drop me a line. Maybe we can get together for a few minutes.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Great idea, I might see if I can come up with something.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Pssst. Um, if it's on a mug, how can we get it on a shirt?
    At the moment, you can't, unless I manually change it. We have a "basic" store which only allows us one piece of artwork per item. If you tell me what shirt you want what artwork on, I can certainly change one for you. I just have the majority of stuff with the site logo as a place holder.

My Mood
    Gay

I would love Eddie on a basic or ringer t-shirt with the site logo on the back.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll see what I can do.

I'm going to set up a new thread for store questions. Let's keep this one for artwork submissions only so there's no confusion.

My Mood
    Gay

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just upgraded the store to the Premium (they give a 15 day free trial )--so you might have much more to look at now.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast