Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you like to step into the story... *spoilers*

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: Where would you like to step into the story... *spoilers*

to see something with your own eyes?

* * * * * You can meet spoilers below * * * * *

Little WoC spoiler:

I would like to see Roland dancing. I can't describe how much I would like to see it.
    Which part would you like to see the most?

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good thread!

I'd like to see the battle with the Wolves.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have loved to see the Portal of the Bear. I am not sure why but something about that place seems like it would be cool as hell.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Sooooooooooo many... one that leaps to mind at the moment is the Dixie Pig..besides being a fashionable joint, I have a fondness for long pork provided its well salted..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The massacre at Tull.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's amazing. All of us wrote something else so far.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I would just like to have been on the road with the ka-tet - the journey from Oz's palace to the Calla. Just sittin round the fire, shooting the shit and eating gunslinger burritos.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

The Wizard of Oz scene in W&G... seems pretty trippy to me.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

The WaG scene where Roland tells the tale of his youth.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    The WaG scene where Roland tells the tale of his youth.
    It's not a bad choice because you can spend there a lot of time.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would have loved to see the Portal of the Bear. I am not sure why but something about that place seems like it would be cool as hell.
    Because of the bear, Matt. Because of the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    No, I am with Darkthoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I would just like to have been on the road with the ka-tet - the journey from Oz's palace to the Calla. Just sittin round the fire, shooting the shit and eating gunslinger burritos.
    only I would choose the journey from the moment they drew Jake, and on till the bridge to Lud.

DT5 Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    we don't yet know the horrible truth about Susannah's pregnancy

and the talks are so long... and those people at River Crossing are so cool... and we all feel so immortal.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

No, I am with Darkthoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    only I would choose the journey from the moment they drew Jake, and on till the bridge to Lud.
    Yeah, Jean but WHEN I wrote it everybody had written something different.
    Anyway I have been waiting for your post here eagerly.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Either of those two journeys would do me Jean

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, but you see - the second was, like, moving somewhere, towards an end, very likely a horrible end, gaining momentum, climax building up... and the first was - I don't know - leisurly? As if it would last forever. We will always sit here beneath these stars, telling stories about universes and playing riddles and speculating about the world moving on, and we will always be together, and we will never die.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Definately. I have always thought those would be the sweetest moments, its what Roland himself recalls when he is alone before the Tower.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

At the end as Patrick and Roland are approaching the tower....The fields of Can Ka no rey and the tower rising out amongst the roses....man the imagery there is just awesome!!

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Man in Black fled across the desert and the gunslinger and maerlyn followed. You know, i would've loved to be with roland throughout his entire journey, and you know, I was. I was there and I still am.

/sappy

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good one, maerlyn. I'll second that!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When reading the series from the start i was wrapped up in it. It became my life for about two years. I was full on obsessed. I still have a hat that I drew an eye on in red marker that I used to wear everywhere.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post

When reading the series from the start i was wrapped up in it. It became my life for about two years. I was full on obsessed. I still have a hat that I drew an eye on in red marker that I used to wear everywhere.
    And did you meet people who knew what it meant?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I got some looks but noone ever said anything or stopped me. Oh once I was on a place with my thedarktower.net t-shirt on and a guy on the plane said he was a fan but not a member of the site.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    I got some looks but noone ever said anything or stopped me. Oh once I was on a place with my thedarktower.net t-shirt on and a guy on the plane said he was a fan but not a member of the site.
    I have a black, long sleeved All Hail The Crimson King shirt with the bleeding Eye of the King above the phrase and it gets A LOT of looks. Thats my favorite shirt as you can well imagine..
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I would like to see Roland dancing. I can't describe how much I would like to see it.
    Which part would you like to see the most?
    I actually have a similiar one. I would have liked to have been Eddie Dean that same night with Eld's gun strapped to my legg and talking to the Calla folk.

And on the other note, I never have worn anything with the crimson kings sigul, but I do call my cat Oye. or my little Billybumbler.
    But, CK, that sounds like an awesome shirt!!! Hell, my friends and I on occasion pub crawl in Skinny Puppy, Misfits, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, and Megadeath t-shirts once and awhile.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    But, CK, that sounds like an awesome shirt!!! Hell, my friends and I on occasion pub crawl in Skinny Puppy, Misfits, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, and Megadeath t-shirts once and awhile.
    It is...check out this site - http://www.cafepress.com/dtcstore its where I bought it. THE best Dark Tower merchandise anywhere. There are a couple of shots with me wearing the shirt in my Member Gallery here http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...ser=29&cat=500

Another spot I would love to step into the story would be when they come to village around and to The Castle of the Crimson King itself. The description of all of it just blows my mind.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast