Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Worst King on the Screen--Nominations Closed

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:X: Worst King on the Screen--Nominations Closed

This thread is for members to nominate titles (film, mini-series, TV) for the Award for Worst King on the Screen. In order for a title to be eligible for nomination it must either be based on the written work of Stephen King or be an original screenplay/teleplay written by Stephen King. This extends to any film, mini-series, or television show that meets those guidelines. Titles based on works originally published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman are also eligible.

To nominate a title for this category, simply post your choice in this thread. In order for a title to be placed onto the voting ballot for the Award the nominated title must be seconded and thirded, also in this thread. This is to ensure that we do not have an overly long list of contenders for the Award, and that--by virtue of the nomination process--each title listed on the ballot is guaranteed to have at least something of a following come voting time. Please note that you MUST clearly state in your post that you are seconding or thirding a nomination for it to count. Be careful that you are posting in the correct thread, as there is also the thread for Best King on the Screen, which is this category’s polar opposite. Feel free to deliberate and discuss your choices in this thread.

Films/Miniseries/TV based upon a SK book or story.

While you may second or third a nomination more than once, we ask that there be only one new nomination per member.
    Heng Dai

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This should be fun. I'll go with The Tommyknockers.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Second Tommyknockers and nominate Maximum Overdrive.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Overdrive

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do have a question though. Will The Lawnmower Man be allowed in this since King did successfully to have his name removed from the movie? I think no but felt I should ask before I made an assumption.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

nominate the mist.

and sam that's an excellent question about the lawnmower man. i personally don't think it should be included since the reason he sued was because it was so far removed from his original story once it hit the screen.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Third Tommyknockers and nominate Dreamcatcher.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Oh how I have waited for this day...

I nominate The Stand miniseries. A complete and utter piece of shit and one of a long list reasons I am opposed to a DT adaptation.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I nominate Thinner.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The TV Miniseries of The Shining. UGH.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

oh god i second the stand miniseries. with all my heart and soul. with my last breath. can i third it? and fourth it? jayson you rock!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i loved the stand miniseries, I thought it stuck pretty close to the story. of course they lost quite a bit, but there were some pretty food parts.
    I also liked Dreamcatcher, even though it didn't end like the book.

I second Maximum Overdrive (I liked it but it sucked)
    as well as The Mist.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Mist? Really?

I absolutely loved it.

I nominate the IT miniseries. Complete and utter shite.
    Heng Dai

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seconded. Ugh.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I third IT

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I'll definitely second IT. I watched it the day after I finished the book. Bad idea.
    It was positively awful.

ETA: Whoa. Okay, I fourth it. Sheesh y'all are fast!

fifth IT

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Kingdom Hospital and secound Dreamcatcher
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Kingdom a lot...

Second The Shining (1997).

is that Shining the one where The Overlook actually blew up? or the oen where they leave Jack to freeze to death?

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    is that Shining the one where The Overlook actually blew up? or the oen where they leave Jack to freeze to death?
    1997 is the one where the boiler explodes. That one is properly called Stephen King's The Shining.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Add me to the Maximum Overdrive list.... also, tossing up Christine.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I'd sixth IT, but I really liked the parts when they were children so I guess I can't.

I liked Maximum Overdrive, but I didn't read it.

I'll nominate Apt Pupil. I liked Brad Renfro in the part, but the movie just didn't get near dark enough.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I liked Maximum Overdrive, but I didn't read it.
    It's based on "Trucks" which is in Night Shift. You didn't read it?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I only read about half of Night Shift. I may have read Trucks, but if I did, it was 10 or 15 years ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast