Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: A Beast Who Lost His Fangs - The Anime Thread

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed it.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Empath - Did you buy Vol. 1 of the original Hellsing series, or Hellsing Ultimate?

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The original manga. Surprisingly, I found some of the scenes in there a bit more painful than in Berserk. Specifically where "police girl"
    Spoiler:
    Got that blade through the throat.
    Is Ultimate a manga or anime?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ultimate is anime which actually follows the graphic novels (much more accurately than any other anime-from-manga I've seen). Hellsing the original anime deviated a lot... but I still love it.

I find the manga very hard to read... his pictures are so intricate it's almost like you can't see the picture through the details. I would find myself staring at pages going "wtf is this supposed to be?" Then again, I have terrible eyesight, so it could just be me.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I've had that same problem before too, ka-mai.

The pictures have sooo much detail.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Along the Path of the Beam mdarkpoet is on a distinguished road mdarkpoet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In regards to anime, my favorite anime is Elfen Lied, I am cosplaying her for Fanime coming up in May along with sexy jitsu from Naruto as a sort of joke lol.

I recently finished up Chobits, is it just me or does Chi (before she learns stuff) remind me a lot of Nyuu???

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mdarkpoet View Post
    In regards to anime, my favorite anime is Elfen Lied, I am cosplaying her for Fanime coming up in May along with sexy jitsu from Naruto as a sort of joke lol.

I recently finished up Chobits, is it just me or does Chi (before she learns stuff) remind me a lot of Nyuu???
    They are very much alike at first but then Nyuu doesn't evolve whereas Chi does.

Gunslinger Apprentice Yunsung is on a distinguished road Yunsung's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Is the original/manga One Piece anygood? I'm a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, and saw it was an anime/manga with a pirate theme. So I figured I'd give it a try. When I was watching it, I barely made it through the opening theme song. The voices were pretty annoying too, and it felt as if they'd skipped a couple of episodes and started dubbing in the middle of the story.
    Which version were you watching? The 4Kids dubbed version is full of horrible lameness - a rap-ified opening/closing, crappy voice work, and unnecessary and disruptive edits.

The Funimation version is much closer to the original and is actually quite enjoyable.

Three current favorites:
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Death Note
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (except for the horrible, indefensible Endless Eight episodes)

Also, I've been watching a lot of Kaiji recently. It is fantastic, a show about a guy who gets deep in debt and is offered a chance to pay off his gambling worries in one night. The catch is that, if he fails, he must serve an unnamed punishment until he can pay back his hosts.

Kaiji has a chance to save himself by gambling with (so far) a ridiculous game... that also happens to have an insane amount of drama and strategy behind it.

I would definitely recommend checking it out.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    01.06.07 - Rite of Passage
    09.26.07 - New Partnership
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Death Note. The anime is as great as the manga

I can't stand One Piece so I'd advise you not to give it another thought. There are plenty of good anime out there!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh !! I need to check out Death Note ! I've heard nothing but good things about both the manga and the anime.

Country
    Country Flag

Death Note is awesome - full of ridiculous scheming and plotting. I highly recommend it.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You've never steered me wrong before Yun, so I'll try and get my hands on the first Volume a.s.a.p

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Ahhh !! I need to check out Death Note ! I've heard nothing but good things about both the manga and the anime.
    QFT.

My friends have been harassing me nonstop just because they want me to finally watch Death Note.
    Maybe I'll start it come January.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You've never steered me wrong before Yun, so I'll try and get my hands on the first Volume a.s.a.p
    It should be pretty reasonably priced at this point. And the first four episodes are enough to give you a pretty good taste of what will follow.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Gunslinger Apprentice pinkymcfatfat is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I miss 'Fullmetal Alchemist' terribly...

Country
    Country Flag

Have you been watching the new Fullmetal Alchemist series "Brotherhood"? It seems to be the same story, but with an alteration.

The first series started production before the manga was finished. So, when the animation hit the furthest point in the plot where the manga was, it had to make up its own ending. This second series, "Brotherhood," more closely follows the (still incomplete) manga. So around episode 10 or so, Brotherhood becomes a whole different story.

You can find these episodes on Funimation's site for free.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never been able to truly immerse myself into Fullmetal Alchemist's storyline - I would watch 2-3 subsequent episodes when Adult Swim aired it, and then for x,y and z reasons I wouldn't continue the series. Then a few weeks (?) down the line I would watch another 2-3 episodes, and the cycle would commence all over again.

I really need to get on those Season box-sets.

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen 'First Squad"? The promo looks great....

Country
    Country Flag

Wow.
    Sword of the Stranger sucks.
    Hard.

Country
    Country Flag

Really? I heard it was really good. Keeping in mind that I haven't seen it, what was your beef with it?

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*eagerly awaiting Paula's response*

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. Didn't have a computer for a few days.

Anyway, I just thought it was really forgettable.
    And extremely cliché.
    I wasn't particularly fond of the animation, and frankly, the soundtrack was so repetitive and annoying that by the time the last big fight came along, I just wanted it to end and be put out of my misery.

Then again, I was high when I watched it, and I think 99% of all movies are shit when I'm high. I find them especially contrived and hard to believe.
    I'll probably watch it again when I'm in my right mind.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd suggest that perhaps you ain't getting high ENOUGH, Paula!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

So, I finally got around to watching what I preach, to modify a phrase. Started watching some Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and I like the pacing of this new version a lot better.

The first episode was almost entirely wink-and-nods to fans of the first series ("Ah, this is Armstrong! Remember how awesome he is? This is Hughes - remember how goofy and endearing he was?") but this self-referential practice was far from annoying the way it could have been. It was... nostalgic. Familiar. It's been over three years since the show's final volume and ending movie were released in America, and this new, old-faces-new-places take on the show is, in my opinion, a welcome return to the world of equivalent exchange.

06.03.02 - End of an Era
    12.17.09 - Engagement

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast