Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Movie Discussion *possible movie spoilers*

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm perfectly fine with people getting naked, but in that particular context it seemed pointless.

My favourite part of the whole film was the
    Spoiler:
    animated sequence, that was awesome!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Exactly. The context was idiotic. I don't have a problem with nudity when it makes sense. This didn't. They had clothes on half a second ago and then randomly, NAKED! Also, if we're sticking to canon (which I am, being a stickler for details) the book says they "embraced." Not "they threw their fucking clothes off and writhed sensually." I could also add the age of Harry and Hermione in, but considering how many movies we already have of teens having sex, I'm pretty sure I'll get shot down on that one.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm gonna need to watch this soon so I can add something that actually matters!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, overall, I really liked the movie. I wasn't too bothered by the stuff that was left out and it made me laugh, cry, etc... Here are some random thoughts below. Beware, epic spoilers ahead!

Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour
    I really liked Nighy as Scrimgeour. Reading the book, I never got a real idea of what he should look like, but this hit the nail on the head for me.

I really appreciated how they decided to show Hermione leaving her parents.
    It was so well done. It really drove home the heartbreak and sacrifices she made herself in order to join Harry's journey.

The Dursley Goodbyes.
    I really wish they had put in Dudley's changed attitude towards Harry. I think instead of spending the minute of Harry looking into the closet under the stairs, they should have included Dudley's goodbye.

The Seven Potters.
    Loved this part! So funny! Also, I really liked the quick scene when the Fleur-Harry gets on the back of the thestral and puts her arms around Bill's waist. That cracked me up. I wish there was a little more in the air fight scenes, I would have especially liked to have seen the Snape/George battle, but that's just a small nitpick.

HEDWIG
    When Harry released her, I was initially pissed because her death moved me so much in the book. She was always Harry's link to the magical world when he had to go home on summers to the Dursley's and her death at the beginning of the book really drove home the sense of danger throughout the rest of the book for me.

I was shocked when she saved Harry and essentially sacrificed herself. I have to admit I liked this better than how her death occurred in the book.

The invasion into the ministry.
    Loved this part! The actors they used were cracking me up and I loved when the woman kissed Ron and then her reaction to his changing back into himself. Good stuff. My only annoyance with this part was Harry not taking Mad-Eye's eye. I would have liked to seen him bury it.

Camping
    I have seen a lot of people complaining about this extended scene, but I thought it was really well done. There was beautiful scenery, I really felt the tension and frustration of the whole bit and I really thought Rupert Grint did a great job with Ron's descent into despair and anger.

Godric's Hollow
    The effects with the snake and Bathilda Bagshot were AWESOME. Great scene.

Lovegood House
    I missed the Luna - friends painting. But still that section of the movie was done well enough that again, it seems like a small thing to miss. I also totally dug the animation in the 3 Travelers tale.

Dobby
    He got cuter right? They made him look a bit different for this movie.
    As for the scene on the beach, I totally cried. Poor Dobby.

Just a couple other random things:

I really loved the scene when Bellatrix was asking Draco to identify Harry. I loved them staring into each others eyes and Draco obviously recognizing Harry, but not wanting to say anything.

About the actress that plays Ginny Weasley. I totally don't like the way she plays the character. In the books, Ginny is so feisty, strong-willed and spirited. In the movies, she's just boring, dull and barely even smiles. I heard someone else say they just chose a child actress years ago because of the color of her hair and now they are stuck with her. I tend to agree a bit.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

haven't seen the new movie yet but I will have to agree with the whole Ginny Weasley actress...I don't like her. When I first read about her in the books I had a totally different picture of her in my head and when they showed her in the movies I was horrified.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn you Erin I REALLY want to see this now

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The problem with Ginny is you choose a ten year old, and you have NO IDEA of how she is going to look in five years. So yeah, they could have done better, but I don't think it could have been helped. I think her personality is less the fault of the actress and more the fault of the script.

I actually liked the part where Harry looked in the closet. So much changed! It was sad.

I liked Hedwig's death better, too, when reading it I was thinking "why is she jammed in a cage, she's a damned bird, just let her fly there." Besides, since Harry's an adult he probably doesn't need an owl cage at all anymore, so it would have been less stuff to schlep around while fighting to the death in the sky.

I also felt Harry should have taken Mad-Eye's eye, showing a quick burial would have taken about a minute, and the movie wasn't excruciatingly long like the others, so it could have been done. Oh well.

You're right, Draco is awesome. And hot! I love watching them together.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I give it an 8.5 out of 10. I missed the toast the Order gave Mad-Eye after he died, and the little dialogue between Harry and Hagrid after Hedwig dying. Those little moments could go a long way toward showing how uncertain the future could be. I actually liked Dobby in this movie and his death was very touching, imo. I liked Scrimgeour in the books, and would have liked the filmmakers to add a scene with Scrimgeour fighting off the Death Eaters before being killed. So Bellatrix was only cutting MUDBLOOD into Hermione's flesh? I honestly couldn't tell what was going on at first in that scene.

This movie did open my eyes to how the filmmakers potentially shot themselves in the foot with THBP. Some of the flashbacks in there were critical clues as to what the other Horcruxes could be, as well as their locations. I'm interested in seeing how the Trio finds the others without it seeming like they're pulling knowledge of the things outta their asses.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hoping to go see this tomorrow....going to go shopping at the mall where the theater is so killing two birds...lol

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally saw Deathly Hallows and I have to say it was a lot better than the last movie they did. It dragged a bit in the middle, but overall I enjoyed it. No spoilers, but I wish there was more Snape... loves him.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

The movie franchise for me died with HBP. I was so furious mad about everything they left out that I took down all my framed HP Movie posters and sold them. I hope these last two somehow make up for the travesty of HBP. Even my kids didnt like HBP!

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    The movie franchise for me died with HBP. I was so furious mad about everything they left out that I took down all my framed HP Movie posters and sold them. I hope these last two somehow make up for the travesty of HBP. Even my kids didnt like HBP!
    It was so bad, made me want to cry, and it even had the best trailer out of all of them. I have a serious love for Snape, and I just don't feel like they put him in the movie correctly. It also dragged, and was very boring. This last one was better though.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been trying to wrap my head around why people were getting so upset with the horcrux scene.
    Spoiler:
    It shows how Ron was influenced by the horcrux like Frodo was with the ring in Lotr. and it had to be him to destroy it.
    and i did like the fire engorgio scene that was funny as all get out.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I am trying really hard to like this series. I have promised to take my step grandson to see the newest release during the school holiday vacation. I have watched one through six now and while I admit they were OK, I just don't love it. I cannot make myself want to read these books, sorry all you fans, but I just don't get it.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

blavigne do not judge the books by the movies! The books are great, they really are.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    blavigne do not judge the books by the movies! The books are great, they really are.
    I've enjoyed the two books I've read of the series. The movies actually follow the books very well, up until what I've read at least.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

The books blow the movies away. HL the movies stop being close to the books after CoS.
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I have been trying to wrap my head around why people were getting so upset with the horcrux scene.
    Spoiler:
    It shows how Ron was influenced by the horcrux like Frodo was with the ring in Lotr. and it had to be him to destroy it.
    and i did like the fire engorgio scene that was funny as all get out.
    It's not that, I mean we all get the point of the horcrux scene, and your comparison is spot on it's just
    Spoiler:
    in the book Ron sees Hermione and Harry kiss and that's really enough in itself to break his heart - his best friend and the girl he's in love with kissing. Having nudity in the movie was just like...what? You think we don't get it? It's typical of todays over the top movie making where the director assumes the audience is stupid and can't appreciate subtlety.

om nom AlishaRiley is on a distinguished road AlishaRiley's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just happy that they threw Nick Cave in on the soundtrack.
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I really liked the movie. Of course, there were parts here and there that I wasn't too excited over seeing changed, but...overall, I did like it.
    I did, however, wish they had left in the scene where Harry says goodbye to the Dursleys. It seemed like a big turning point for Dudley and Harry in that moment. So I don't get why it was left out.

Country
    Country Flag

Darkers is spot on! (I'd quote but it keeps fucking itself up.) Also, thinking of Ron's broken heart makes me want to cry. I love him.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Ron too.

Country
    Country Flag

I think I love him because he's like me. He's awkwardly blunt and insensitive without meaning to be, and everything flies right over his head until Hermione explains it.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Erin hit the nail on the head for me.
    I dont know what needs spoilered here, but here goes.
    Spoiler:

I had no problem whatsoever with the "naked" scene. Voldermorts soul isnt going to show Ron Harry and Hermione playing with fuzzy kittens while rainbows dance in the background...in the Wizarding World they are all ADULTS, Ron is going to see them as adults. I loved the dancing scene, it showed (imho) how much Harry does love Hermione, in a brotherly way. He simply wanted to make her feel better, and make her laugh. The scene with Hermione obliviating her parents was fantastic, it always bugged me that Hermione didnt seem to have the same emotional struggles in the book as they boys did, I thought they showed the strain on her in the movie much better. Neville is a BAMF, they better not crew up his big moment. Not enough Snape, and damn was he gorgeous. Tom Felton did a wonderful job as Draco, wanting to serve his master, but wanting to keep what was left of his soul as well. The Ministry scene was great, but I was pissed they left Mad Eye's eye on the door. Rhys Ifans was perfect
    ....Im sure Ill think of more while Im at work lol
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Country
    Country Flag

Neville is great! I didn't really, really appreciate Tom Felton until this movie. I think character depth was needed in the first 6 books/movies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast