Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questions

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! I have the answer I was hoping for. I'm relieved that I can continue in the same vein I was in. And just a bit about the story; Roland mentions that the remaining gunslingers (I presume those that were not at Jericho Hill ) went on the quest for the Dark Tower and something is mentioned about the rest of these dying, giving up, etc and Roland ending up as the last one. The protagonist of this story is one of these gunslingers. (probably quite a popular topic for DT fanfic but I hope I can make it somewhat original and Stephen Kingish...it'll certainly be a horror story at any rate)

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too sure what would make fan fiction illegal as long as A.) You're not taking credit for the author's properties and B.) You're not making any money off of it (I.E. like those bootleg Harry Potter books).

Anyway, I had two stories that I haven't written yet but I was playing around with in my head. (DT7 Spoiler, just to be safe)
    Spoiler:
    One was about Walter Padick as a child in Delain (which King only briefly alluded to in the final book),
    and the other was about Marten and Gabrielle's last conversation. Since they both follow established characters, would that not be allowed? Would posting a link to an FF.net story be allowed?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but all of those characters--except possibly Gabrielle--are much too delineated to allow for legal fanfic. Likewise, if it is not something that you could post here within the rules, we wouldn't allow linking to it. Now if it is a fanfic piece that is within the bounds of our guidelines, then there would really be no problem posting the link, although I don't see why you wouldn't just repost the story here.
    Heng Dai

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just checking: I'd like to write something about how it feels when I step into All-World. No characters, no place names, nothing really but All-World itself and my expressions. Would it be safe to post here?

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the directors might possibly say I'm wrong, but my opinion is that that's perfectly safe.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Let's give it a try - I double dog dare myself.
    I'm going to finish this one soon and post it here. Thanks, Brice!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem, but please wait till one of the directors says it's ok it to actually post it. I'd hate for you to listen to me and then find out I was wrong. Most likely one of them will be around shortly anyhow.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yes, you're right. I will wait, I will wait..

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Just checking: I'd like to write something about how it feels when I step into All-World. No characters, no place names, nothing really but All-World itself and my expressions. Would it be safe to post here?
    I think that would be great Lily. If it's just your impressions on a journey to All World I can't see how it could hurt and also can't wait to read it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Hopefully it also proves acceptable. Will post it soonish. Thanks, Matt!

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I am confused.

We are not allowed to use well-defined characters in stories, but in poems it is alright?

If that is the case, why can't I right a story in iambic pentameter?

I am not trying to be a tool, I really want to know.

Also, please don't think I'm being a jerk, but what is the inherent difference between discussing ideas and writing them? By this I mean.... what if I said I thought the series should end with Roland turning into Hello Kitty. It is ok to state that in a thread, but not write it as a story? If I thought I knew what Hello Kitty Roland would say, can I post it in a thread? If so, why not as a story?

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that what is hoped to be avoided is stuff like this :
    http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com...ode-4-root-her
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Ok, I am confused.

We are not allowed to use well-defined characters in stories, but in poems it is alright?

If that is the case, why can't I right a story in iambic pentameter?

I am not trying to be a tool, I really want to know.

Also, please don't think I'm being a jerk, but what is the inherent difference between discussing ideas and writing them? By this I mean.... what if I said I thought the series should end with Roland turning into Hello Kitty. It is ok to state that in a thread, but not write it as a story? If I thought I knew what Hello Kitty Roland would say, can I post it in a thread? If so, why not as a story?
    We're going to get Aaron (Director who handles this) to answer your questions as soon as possible doh. No reason to be shy about asking them, that's why we're here.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    what if I said I thought the series should end with Roland turning into Hello Kitty.
    Sounds like a great read to me

Traveler Greenlaser will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Inspired

So after taking a brief look around the forums, I'm not sure where an eventual thread about a song that takes inspiration from the Dark Tower should go. Poetry maybe? Please advise!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2