Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gunslinger's Guns - General Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice lead dealer is on a distinguished road lead dealer's Avatar

The CZ-52's were cheaper a few years ago, the supply has dried up, now they cost as much or more than the tt-33's that are flooding the market for the dealer price of around $200.And the si-fy looking cz is no where near as classy as as the browning knockoff TT-33. Still would not recommend either for carry due to its cartridge. Well unless you are going after persons in body armor....

The cz82's are nice, for a mutant macraov. A good cheap carry pistol if needed.

Century arms so far has the best price for 7.62x25, bought the case of the cheap cracked neck stuff, late production, just had sizeing issues with the polish machinery I suppose. Works fine in all pistols, including my cranky C-96 broomhandel. Some short recoils out of my newish CZ-52. But the springs are rather new and the ammo is on the lighter end of the spectrum.
    As far as corrosive, the bulgarian stuff (in 16 round packs) is. But any ammo from the 60 and newer should all be (assuming it is eastern block) all non corrosive. I don't know,exactly what dates witch country switched over. I use gunzilla, takes out the corrosive salts and cleans the bore. a CLP that actually works!....

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Cool. I buy my ammo from different sources, but I like sportsman's guide, cheaper than dirt, Natchez, and aimsurplus. I only order non corrosive, I'm not big on cleaning my guns. I've had my shotgun 6 years, I hunt with it on every bird season, and I have yet to clean it.

I'd rather have a TT-33. I don't concealed carry though. I was gonna go get a license, but I have no real reason other than cool factor, and cool factor is not enough. At home I always have one or 2 guns locked and loaded, and my wife is always prepared while I'm at work, but other than travel or hunting, I don't see a need for daily carry.

However, if I did, I'd like either a Llama, or a Star. They are great trustworthy guns, slim, and dependable. Also, mini 1911 clones in a single stack are the best.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sorry guys, are we still talking about the gunslinger's guns???

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

yeah, i guess we need to make a different thread for Our Gunslinger Tools. If I make one, can you transfer the stuff from this thread that's not relevant?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, only you got to clearly indicate to me the place where, in your opinion, you started digressing

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy

wow, that's hard. maybe two pages ago? someone posted a picture of 3 revolvers, and then it became a weapons thread. let me check it out and I'll post the link of the exact post.

*edit*

that's gonna be kind of impossible. we did alot of back and forth. However, I'm pretty sure the whole last page was our guns. If it doesn't bother you too much, we can just let be, and move on from here.

Traveler Gun665 will become famous soon enough Gun665's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Here's a closeup of how it looks on the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by haw3ye View Post
    Little help for a newbie?

To be more specific, if anyone has a nice pic of the scrollwork engraving of Arthur Eld's mark on the barrel of the gunslinger's revolver that'd be really helpful as I'm stuck at work and I do not have my copy of the comix in front of me at the moment to look - and I'm actually looking to take my SA Beretta out to an engraver this weekend so I can get this mark on the barrel because I love the Dark Tower series so much.

I found this one on the net but I'd really like to see how it's placed on the barrel and in what direction because the only pics I see on this site seem to show that the mark is backwards(?)

Thanks in advance!

-Marcus

Traveler haw3ye is on a distinguished road

Interesting and COOL!

Did you photoshop that image or did you actually beat me to engraving the sigul of the Eld on a revolver of your own?

Traveler haw3ye is on a distinguished road

EIDT: Double post

Gunslinger Apprentice lead dealer is on a distinguished road lead dealer's Avatar

nice!

Stamping or engraving?

Country
    Country Flag

Default It's real

Quote Originally Posted by haw3ye View Post
    Interesting and COOL!

Did you photoshop that image or did you actually beat me to engraving the sigul of the Eld on a revolver of your own?
    I actually had it laser engraved at a jewelry store. They also engraved a rose in the grips for me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lead dealer View Post
    nice!

Stamping or engraving?
    Laser engraved

Country
    Country Flag

This image shows the grip detail (rose)

Traveler jwill is on a distinguished road jwill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those two engravings are awesome ive been looking around for a revolver for about a yr now but with me having my first child it was kind of hard to afford what i was wanting( ruger blackhawk or maybe the vaquero). but that is exactly what i was wanting to get done if i ever puchased one.

Country
    Country Flag

Default It's a piece of me now.

Quote Originally Posted by jwill View Post
    Those two engravings are awesome ive been looking around for a revolver for about a yr now but with me having my first child it was kind of hard to afford what i was wanting( ruger blackhawk or maybe the vaquero). but that is exactly what i was wanting to get done if i ever puchased one.
    I had a dream about this pistol 10 years ago. It was worth the wait.
    It's an EAA Bounty Hunter .45 SAA with a 4.5 inch barrel. First firearm I ever purchased for myself.

You two are off to a really good start.

Do not discount a used revolver. I got a lovely used blackhawk for around $300 in the box without a scratch. If there are any problems or the finish is worn, there are many ways to fix them. And that is half the fun.

A good sixgun will still defend home and hearth quite well.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We are going to merge this with the Gunslinger's Guns thread in Gilead.
    Thanks.

Once again, my input seems to be the death of a thread....

Along the Path of the Beam Claude Clay will become famous soon enough Claude Clay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lead dealer--ua didn't kill it; just a flesh wound

....i have knowledge the SK knew from whence he spoke concerning

fanning the trigger
    (hint--goes to a gentleman of our world's post depression)

drum roll----and that his guns were modeled after the Colt Lighting double action but with a swing out cylinder:a melding of two worlds.

i should be able to type this all up by the week end
    make a fire for a man and you warm him for the nite
    light him on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lead dealer View Post
    Once again, my input seems to be the death of a thread....
    Actually this is the criteria the staff uses when determining if it's time to kill a thread: Did lead dealer just finish posting in it?

Spoiler:
    Just kidding, of course!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Coup de Gras possibly?

the colt lightning (double action) with a swing cylinder became the colt new service. At least according to the colt production line.

Traveler Legion is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

This is what gun I'm going to try to get to have the etching put on.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...0256_large.jpg

It's chambered in .45LC and is a SA/DA. When I think of Roland's gun, this is what I see with a bit more engraving on them.

That is a good choice!

Might not want the target model, they snag when clearing the holster.Big hi profile sights. Go with the non adjustable sights, more traditional, quicker draw...

Do not forget about the rosewood grips!

Gunslinger Apprentice Delacroix is on a distinguished road Delacroix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I picture Roland's guns as 2 PIETTA REMINGTON 1858 .44 with octagonal canon.

-What do we usually do about bad things that aren't of our concern?
    -Well...we laught about it.
    -Then, my friend, once you're in the grave death might be a lot more fun than what we expect.

Yes, but they are black powder "cap and ball" guns.

But they certainly meet the size and ruggedness factor......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast