Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Susannah *spoilers around*

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland first pulled susannah through that door from New York into his world. She had the personality of Odetta and Detta I believe. Am I right?
    Yes. Or Odetta and Detta are two women in one body...depending on how you'd like to view it... Susannah being a merger of the two.

That being said I heard a theory that Susannah was just another third personality. It is kind of interesting that as Susannah she can still draw on, or listen to Detta when she needs to. In fact sometimes she even comes forward unbidden although she seems a slightly less vicious anarchic version than the one who manifested originally.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

And guess what? There's already a thread dedicated to her!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=584
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone move this thread to where it should be. I was not sure of what forum it should be in. Thanks All Hail The Crimson King

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

of course someone can...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    And guess what? There's already a thread dedicated to her!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...read.php?t=584
    I apolagize for starting the thread. I have not seen a thread for susannah. Maybe one of the facilitators can just delete this thread. I am not sure If I could or not. Thansk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it's all right love, everything has been fixed

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it's all right love, everything has been fixed
    Thanks Jean, you are a sweetheart

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I don't think I would have cared as much about Susannah if it hadn't been for Eddie's love of her. I must admit, it was her character that took me the longest to really "fall" for. I thought she was an awesome character, very complex and strong, but I just didn't have much sympathy for her until later in the book.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    of course someone can...

Thanks Jean for being on top of this merge

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Roland first pulled susannah through that door from New York into his world. She had the personality of Odetta and Detta I believe. Am I right?
    Yes. Or Odetta and Detta are two women in one body...depending on how you'd like to view it... Susannah being a merger of the two.

That being said I heard a theory that Susannah was just another third personality. It is kind of interesting that as Susannah she can still draw on, or listen to Detta when she needs to. In fact sometimes she even comes forward unbidden although she seems a slightly less vicious anarchic version than the one who manifested originally.
    Susannah is my favorite character. I love that she is independant and strong. I also like that her and Eddie have a great love but she is one of the best gunslingers in the ka-tet.

Country
    Country Flag

Another question. I know Mia somehow becomes a part of Susannah. Can someone tell me how and when? I cannot seem to find this out. Thanks

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't think of the exact method mia/susannah, but if you reread Song it explains it all in there. The use Great Old Ones technology that causes some kind of cellular and mental link between the two.

Mia is actually kept chained to a bed in Fedic but her psyche resides in Susannah, necessary for the baby-fax-transmission to occur properly - Mia needs control of Susannah after a certain point (this point coincides with the victory over the wolves).

As for Susanna's actions in DT7 - I'm pretty sure every single one of you would have done the same.

If your husband/wife was shot in the head and died 12 hours later, your priorities would take a beating. Susannah was instrumental in saving the Beam and getting Roland to his destination. Her husband was killed and when presented with an opportunity to rewind and experience a kind of life with him (and with Jake), she took it. Remember, "Be true.".
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    Susannah is my favorite character.
    mine too, mine too!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyway it really is interesting that Detta appears time to time in Susannah however Odetta got lost forever.

Roland would have understood.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

That is an interesting point, Letti, and one I have thought about often. I wish I had more to say, but I don't.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Its because Odette was weak, and had nothing to offer in her own personallity.

Brian, I would challenge that with Daddy Mose' affection for Odetta. I recently read the part where he meets Roland and goes on and on about Odetta whom Roland calls "Susannah." After reading this part, I basically had Letti's comment form in my head, for we do share khef on occasion.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Right, I agree, but does she ever come forward on her own after book two?

No, I don't think so, which makes it mysterious. Is Susannah two thirds Odetta and one third Detta? When she talked about Daddy Mose, she just used "I" and other first person pronouns- she didn't refer to Odetta in the third person as in the case of Detta- dat' bitch.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Right, I think when the merger happen. Oddeta became a perminet part of Sus, not a peice like Detta did, able to come forward as she pleased.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    No, I don't think so, which makes it mysterious. Is Susannah two thirds Odetta and one third Detta? When she talked about Daddy Mose, she just used "I" and other first person pronouns- she didn't refer to Odetta in the third person as in the case of Detta- dat' bitch.
    which is more or less how i see it, susannah is mostly odetta, but odetta with the added features of:
    - an acknowledgement of detta's existence
    - the changes eddie's love brought about in her personality
    - the changes roland's teaching brought about in her personality

otherwise, she is still mostly odetta. her name changed to susannah, but the "main" personality is still mostly odetta. susannah's memories of family and such are odetta's. i don't think susannah is a unique third personality, but an enhanced odetta.

Country
    Country Flag

yes... she is an Odetta who is an actual (vs. potential) gunslinger

(which might lead me to some speculations on how much Detta-ish gunslinging substantially is)

Detta be a gunlslinga fo' sho'. Dat bitch be killing all dem red graymeat mahfah's.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Susannah as a gunslinger Odetta doesn't work for me.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Seek View Post
    I can't think of the exact method mia/susannah, but if you reread Song it explains it all in there. The use Great Old Ones technology that causes some kind of cellular and mental link between the two.

Mia is actually kept chained to a bed in Fedic but her psyche resides in Susannah, necessary for the baby-fax-transmission to occur properly - Mia needs control of Susannah after a certain point (this point coincides with the victory over the wolves).

As for Susanna's actions in DT7 - I'm pretty sure every single one of you would have done the same.

If your husband/wife was shot in the head and died 12 hours later, your priorities would take a beating. Susannah was instrumental in saving the Beam and getting Roland to his destination. Her husband was killed and when presented with an opportunity to rewind and experience a kind of life with him (and with Jake), she took it. Remember, "Be true.".
    Thanks. It has been to many years since I have read Song of Susannah. I am rereading the series now and Currently on Wolve of the Calla.
    I agree with you. I would do exactly what Susannah did at the end if my husband was shot and I had the chance to relive my life with him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast