Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Susannah *spoilers around*

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: Susannah *spoilers around*

I am about to open a thread for each member of the ka-tet week by week (but I don't mind if someone else opens threads, too). They are important to all of us.

Susannah. I love and respect her a lot but she is not the most popular gunslinger as I know.
    Do you like here?
    If you like here why? If not why?
    What do you think about her love with Eddie?

Roland would have understood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like Suze. I enjoy Detta's moments too, and initially I liked the fact that she was a person who was both an aide and a threat to Eddie and Roland.

Susannah is a bona fide independant woman, which may make her seem hard nosed or cold and possibly that attributes to her unpopularity? But i thought she rocked for that very fact.

Her relationship with Eddie was so cool. Genuine and funny, I love the way his humour often exasperated her, but in a much more tolerable and affectionate way than it did Roland.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ive always liked Susannah and have been puzzled as to why many people dislike her so much - perhaps it comes down to the way King positions her character in the final stages of the series.

Favourite scene would have to be her on the trike in DT7
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah... I would be interested in those people's views and feelings who are able not to respect her.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Susannah until the last book. Up til that point, she was strong, a little scary and a great shot with a gun. She pissed me off
    Spoiler:
    when she deserted Roland in End-World
    and I still cannot believe
    Spoiler:
    she threw Roland's gun in the trash!

(Please feel free to take out the spoiler warnings if they are not needed. I'm confused sometimes when to use them....so better safe than sorry.)

Country
    Country Flag

Spoilers can never couse a problem so I am happy to see you use them.
    Thank you, sai.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Letti could you put spoilers in the thread title? That way we don't have to put spoiler boxes.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monte-slut
    I liked Susannah until the last book. Up til that point, she was strong, a little scary and a great shot with a gun. She pissed me off
    when she deserted Roland in End-World
    and I still cannot believe
    she threw Roland's gun in the trash!
    It's not like she up and left like it was some light no-big-deal thing though. It was very hard for her and she felt that it would help him for her to sacrifice the journey to the Tower to leave through the Unfound Door. She threw Roland's gun in the trash because it was no longer Rolands gun but just an old piece of metal that was unimportant.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

I know it was hard for her, I really do. I just don't think she should have. To take a chance that she might get to be with some version of Eddie and Jake again versus sticking it out with Roland....I just don't like it.
    As far as the gun goes, it was FRICKIN' Arthur Eld's gun. Excalibur! It does NOT belong in the trash!

It wasn't though, when it passed through the door with her it was transformed into just a piece of junk. She didn't know what the door held for her it was a huge chance and she did it more for Roland than for anything else, like I said, it was a big sacrifice because she wanted to reach the Tower too.

Country
    Country Flag

I hear you but it still seemed like her bailing. Her trying to convince Patrick to leave with her and abandon Roland to himself was just another sign of her weakness at the end.

Making such a big sacrifice and going into the unknown to me isn't a sign of weakness but one of strength.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick's fine - he lives with me now

Mmmmmmmmm Mr. Danville is Darkthought's lust slave now...one cellar cage to another..except when Darkthoughts comes down cellar she brings the KY Jelly, baby oil, and a single wine glass.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

BWAAHAHAHA!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a big fan of Susannah throughout the whole series from when she came into it until she left it. Strong, troubled and yet also helped by her demons after coming to terms with them. Crippled and yet fierce. My favorite member of Rolands ka-tet.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, really? Above Roland? I think she may be last on my list...even after Oy.

Even over Roland. The rest are on the same level.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Susannah has all my respect.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Even over Roland. The rest are on the same level.
    I have just found out that AllHail is my long-lost twin brother. I don't know if it makes me happy.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Eeeeeew, gross. I'd be scared if I were you.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Susannah Dean

I would like to dedicate this thread to Susannah. I would love to discuss her and all her personalities.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland first pulled susannah through that door from New York into his world. She had the personality of Odetta and Detta I believe. Am I right?

Okay, I'm all for this but usually if you're dedicating a thread to discussion of a specific character it should be in the Character Discussion forum. This is the forum dedicated to Song of Susannah only discussion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast