Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Suggestions

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Site Suggestions

We are moving to the end of our "development" stage and I would love any suggestions the members have on how to move forward.

I am going to begin an aggresive ad campaign soon and I expect our little "test group" here will begin to grow.

what would you like to see?

what could make it better?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

what could make it better?
    BEER!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who is doing the design at the moment?
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate to be a bore, but:

1. Can anything be done about that italics in quotations we already talked about?
    2. Something has to be done about that I, Gan forum.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would really, REALLY, like the caps police to be removed. I don't see anyone misusing it so far (and we can certainly PM any offending individual we run into) and there ARE times when one all caps sentence would be nice (like when I am trying to be a bigshot about Texas Hold'em LOL).

What's wrong with the I, Gan forum, Jean?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it is there, but not working.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What's not working? Maybe I need to be nosy and go take a look...

Wait, that may still be in development - that was the fanfic location, right?

Maybe Matt forgot about it. Or, he's concerned about copyrights and so on.

I think, based on what I've seen on other fanfic sites (and I am not an expert by any means) that if the author (or, maybe even in the master thread) someone points to the fact that the characters, etc. in the following fanfic are the property of Sai King, we're gold.

I'd be willing to bet Matt and Aaron just got busy with other stuff and forgot about it.

I'll bet if you ask nicely in your best bearpurr they would help you.

Country
    Country Flag

bearpurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Awww, that's so cute that *I* wish I could help you.

BTW, I saw an AWESOME piece of DT fanfic out there - I'll see if I can find the link. It was the way I would have LOVED to see it end!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

SPOILER ALERT, AMIGOS!!!!!!!!!

This is, by far, IMHO, the BEST alternate ending to DT7. Written in Sai King form, very well done, and I do like it better than the original (so sue me, already)

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2747620/1/

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff you guys, please keep going on this.

-The italic quote box is something I am still researching.

-I promise me and Aaron will discuss the fan fiction forum before the week is out. Come up with a way to open it up.

-I would be willing to take the CAPS rule off (its set that you can type up to 10 characters right now before it fixes it) if that is cool with everyone else.

Personally, that kind of stuff never bothered me. CAPS, I mean.

-The design of the site right now is being done by me (learning very much). We are using a CMPS to integrate the forum information to the pages. The goal is to make the site seamless.

A new "about us" page is next (don't worry, I have the pics)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of this has been mentioned in chat.

The ability to have a pop up invite to chat. You see someone is online, click on their screen name, and much like the PM option, you have a chat invite. The person then gets a pop up.

About us should have it's own link, rather than be in the Gallery. Also for those willing, a brief Bio under the persons pic.

Eliminate the cap restriction. Fac's and Managers can deal individually with any abuse issues.

Consider listing the Fac's next to the the area they handle on the Palaver main page.

Consider animated gif's for the avatars-small file size limits so that page loading is not inhibited-In fact, perhaps the individual in their CP could check a box to allow, or disallow animated gifs.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

About us should have it's own link, rather than be in the Gallery. Also for those willing, a brief Bio under the persons pic
    About us will be it's own page, I am just drawing the images from the gallery. I would LOVE it if you guys went out and edited your entry in the "about us" folder in the gallery to include information about yourself.

They may not see it on the main page but they will be able to click to it if they like.

The invite to chat has been researched and the support forums seem to agree on simply sending them a PM to invite. I haven't found a mod for that. We can see who is in there and click on their profile in the "who's chatting" set down at the bottom of the main forum page

Another vote for no CAPS restrictions--still coll with me

Not sure about the FAQ one, instead of the link at the top. Its kind of a centralized spot

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

By Fac's I meant Facillitators.
    So when one sees for example End World, they know who the Fac's are for that section.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah...that makes total sense. There is a bit at the bottom right at each forum that says who the mods for that area are. Hopefully the colors show the difference between managers and facilitators.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I see that now. That is good. There are different colors for Managers and Facillitators.
    thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    1. The italic quote box is something I am still researching.

2. I promise me and Aaron will discuss the fan fiction forum before the week is out. Come up with a way to open it up.
    1. Wonderful. It's really going to give all posters a powerful tool which now can hardly be used.

2. Great! I hope maybe my draft of I, Gan spoiler guidelines may still be of some use, and CRinVA's poem will finally be placed where it should be.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you go read the fanfic I posted, Jean? I think you might like it.

Wish I could take credit for writing it, though. Oh well.

Country
    Country Flag

thank you Irish Dawn , I haven't done any extensive reading lately except absolutely necessary... I would read it immediately if it was yours , but as it isn't, I'll attend to it later

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Aww, sooo sweet.

If I'd thought of it, I WOULD have written it. It is really, really good. Almost the ending I wish Sai King himself would have written.

This guy has a LOT of talent. Not only can he mimic another author's style, he does it almost seemlessly (I'm a King addict, so I can tell the difference, but I'd be willing to bet a novice would not) and it truly is interesting.

I kind of prefer it to Sai King's ending. It's a close race. It IS really innovative, though, and I have to give kudos to the author for his innovation - it is truly inspired.

Country
    Country Flag

now you got me very intrigued. I'll read it as soon as I can spend long time at the computer again

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's seriously like 15 minutes of reading. But well worth it.

Trust me, if an English major gives it a compliment, it just means we're jealous.

The guy rocks. Seriously. I have read a LOT of literature in my time, and he's really, really good.

I'm pissed because he makes my writing look like crap in comparison.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I, Gan needs several good large fanfics to get its ass kick started, IMO.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I may be willing to try, but not for a couple weeks yet. Got to please the idiot accounting instructor.

I am realizing I am NOT a "serious intellectual paper" person. My BS meter has been set on HIGH for 3 weeks now!

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a damn good fanfic. My only problem:
    I read the line “It’s a trap..." as Admiral Ackbar. IT'S A TRAAAP!!!!
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast