Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Protective Covers For Your Books

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    So, what is the Item # for the Brodart Covers that most use for their books?

I, up until now, have historically used Gaylord but they discontinued my Item.....

Tks....
    http://www.shopbrodart.com/Book-Jack...Jacket-Covers/
    For CD books with slipcases

http://www.shopbrodart.com/Book-Jack...Ojo6Ojo6MDo%3d
    For everything else
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How do the econo folds work? I looks like it literally lays on top or that you have to stick it to the jacket.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    How do the econo folds work? I looks like it literally lays on top or that you have to stick it to the jacket.
    I do this. Bottom of dust jacket in the added flap. Take top and fold snug to the top of jacket. Use the folding tool to help. There might be a video on their site but it is super easy. Doesn't protect inside of jacket but they work great for CD slipcases. Never buy this type of wrap with adhesive tabs.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brodart 15% off sale now through 10/4.
    Promo code: WEB15

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I've run out of my Brodart covers and want to try the type that doesn't have paper backing. Does anyone have suggestions on the best brand to use? I've found some at Demco, Kapco & Gaylord but it doesn't look like Brodart carries them. Thoughts?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I've run out of my Brodart covers and want to try the type that doesn't have paper backing. Does anyone have suggestions on the best brand to use? I've found some at Demco, Kapco & Gaylord but it doesn't look like Brodart carries them. Thoughts?
    http://www.shopbrodart.com/Book-Jack...Jacket-Covers/
    You mean these? If you scroll down they have individual ones. I usually buy the 12" high ones for CD books

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apologies if this is already covered on this thread, but I couldn't see it...

Where can I get those archival sleeves / bags for paperbacks and ARCs? If there's no equivalent product in Australia, I'll import them.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If there is a comic shop near you they might have them.

You want Mylar or polyester Bags. Mylar is a stronger variant of polyester.

They usually come in 2 mil and 4 mil thicknesses. 2 Mil is fine for most books.

I wouldn't bother with self sealing bags. It's easier to just fold them over and tape them.

There are several suppliers depending on what you want and how many you want.

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/comic...ies/comic-bags
    http://www.uline.com/Grp_3/Poly-Bags-Flat-Open
    https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-353-...r-sleeves.aspx

There is someone else that I can't remember right now.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    If there is a comic shop near you they might have them.

You want Mylar or polyester Bags. Mylar is a stronger variant of polyester.

They usually come in 2 mil and 4 mil thicknesses. 2 Mil is fine for most books.

I wouldn't bother with self sealing bags. It's easier to just fold them over and tape them.

There are several suppliers depending on what you want and how many you want.

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/comic...ies/comic-bags
    http://www.uline.com/Grp_3/Poly-Bags-Flat-Open
    https://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-353-...r-sleeves.aspx

There is someone else that I can't remember right now.
    Awesome Br!an, just found a local seller. Thank you

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! The force is strong in you.

Is it a comic store or did you find it online?

Country
    Country Flag

Comic store that has an online presence, but I think I'll wander in on the weekend. Thanks again

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Comic store that has an online presence, but I think I'll wander in on the weekend. Thanks again
    No problem.

I bag almost everything. Just be sure it isn't too humid when you bag the books. Living in Florida I know humid. I always run the A/C awhile before bagging books.

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello peripheral - if you're still looking for bags, these guys have a few options: http://www.bookcoverco.com.au/polybags.html
    They're good for general book covering supplies, but I don't use their dust jacket protection - way too thick. I stick with Brodart.
    Lincoln.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post

Hello peripheral - if you're still looking for bags, these guys have a few options: http://www.bookcoverco.com.au/polybags.html
    They're good for general book covering supplies, but I don't use their dust jacket protection - way too thick. I stick with Brodart.
    Lincoln.
    Awesome Lincoln, these guys are literally a few kms away from me. Can I ask where you source brodart in Melbourne?

Country
    Country Flag

Lincoln.
    Oh, and welcome!

Country
    Country Flag

I order it from the US, via eBay.
    Have found one bookshop, in Malvern, that sells them, but they charge $2 per cover. I'll look up the ebay seller, and pass on their name if you like?
    Thanks for the welcome, will drop into the Introduce Yourself thread, later.
    Lincoln.

Country
    Country Flag

I order it from the US, via eBay.
    Have found one bookshop, in Malvern, that sells them, but they charge $2 per cover. I'll look up the ebay seller, and pass on their name if you like?
    Thanks for the welcome, will drop into the Introduce Yourself thread, later.
    Lincoln.
    Cheers mate!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, thanks. I was using protective covering from a distributor in Knox City, but they do not have the complete pocket style (i.e., the inside paper wrap). I will have a look at these guys. Cheers again

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, thanks. I was using protective covering from a distributor in Knox City, but they do not have the complete pocket style (i.e., the inside paper wrap). I will have a look at these guys. Cheers again
    No worries, mate. Just make sure you add about 25mm/1 inch to the height of the dustjacket when ordering - don't try and order an exact fit.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Broadart is running a sale this week.

Mon 1/18 - Tue 1/19 >> 25% off with code MT25
    Wed 1/20 - Thur 1/21 >> 20% off with code WT20
    Fri 1/22 >> 15% off with code F15

Disclaimer at the bottom of the email >> Discount is valid for online US orders only. Applies only to products, not to shipping charges, and may not be combined with any other preferred pricing. Not applicable to closed orders and orders already in process. Some exclusions apply; call for details. Sale ends 01.22.2016.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been covering new books today and a lot of times the excess on the flaps, especially smaller books keeps them from closing. I am not good with getting a straight line with scissors. Then I thought of my stamp mount cutter and yes! It cuts a perfectly straight edge in one fell chop. This cutter only goes to 8.5 inches, but flipping the regular size dj's works and they do make bigger mount cutters. May have to look into one.

My Mood
    Confused

Question.
    Purchased the Black House S/L and the sticker at the bottom left residue on the leather. Lightly tried goo gone.....nothing. Should I try black leather polish?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I've been covering new books today and a lot of times the excess on the flaps, especially smaller books keeps them from closing. I am not good with getting a straight line with scissors. Then I thought of my stamp mount cutter and yes! It cuts a perfectly straight edge in one fell chop. This cutter only goes to 8.5 inches, but flipping the regular size dj's works and they do make bigger mount cutters. May have to look into one.

Yeah, much easier than scissors. I bought a cheap paper guillotine from 'Officeworks'. Will cut common sized covers in one go.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Yeah, much easier than scissors. I bought a cheap paper guillotine from 'Officeworks'. Will cut common sized covers in one go.
    Hmmm...never thought of using my big paper cutter for covers. I might have to try that!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast