Thread: Classic & Foreign Films

Threaded View

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Golden Oldie Movie Discussion

OK, I’m a movie geek. My bride and I went to an old (renovated) movie palace to see this fantastic 1948 classic comedy. This theater shows newly released films on most nights, but on some afternoons and some mornings they show old films. I’ve seen “Citizen Kane” there, “March of the wooden soldiers” (babes in Toyland) and many others. There is a Wurlitzer organ that is in fantastic shape and there is always someone there playing music as you enter the theater. It is definitely a throwback to a 1940’s movie experience.

Today was the Abbot and Costello film. What made this even more special was the display of the cape that Bela Lugosi wore for the film. Here’s the best picture I could get of it. This piece of wardrobe is 59 years old and in fantastic shape.

Next week we’re going to see the “The seventh voyage of Sinbad” and on December 15th we’ll see “It’s a wonderful life”. Along with the organ that day there will also be a 4 piece horn section playing Christmas Carrols. If you are in the New York/New Jersey area I highly recommend looking into this. If you aren’t in this area Maybe you could find a similar program in your own area. It’s a great way t spend some time with friends and seeing these movies in a theater is better than at home on DVD.

That’s all. I just needed a place to glow.

Last edited by Darkthoughts; 09-01-2008 at 01:03 PM.