Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How Do You Rank The Shining Overall?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it - 5

33 47.83%
  • It was good - 4

26 37.68%
  • Average - 3

3 4.35%
  • Only so-so - 2

2 2.90%
  • I didnt like it - 1

1 1.45%
  • Never Read

4 5.80%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Shining--Bracket 1 Winner!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the Shining in one long reading while in college. Finished it about 4am on Sunday morning and had a hard time getting to sleep! I loved this story. Def in my top ten of all SK!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Such a long book in one day? Holy crap.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't you have anything to do on a Saturday? O_o I mean, wow! no one bothered you while reading...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Am I the only one thinking there are some awesome books in the first ones King has written ?
    You definitely are not.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Am I the only one thinking there are some awesome books in the first ones King has written ?
    You definitely are not.
    Great minds think alike, don't they ?

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first post of this thread has been edited to indicate The Shining's final average score, which is 4.353846153. The Shining is the winner of Bracket #1, and will be advancing to Round 2 of the competition.
    Heng Dai

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2