Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Sisters of Eluria (Revised Gunslinger)

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

I've been gone for......how long....and still nothing!! At least it's like I never left...and that is good.

Carl

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, Nerak (Karen) can tell us best Air (and all others), but the last I heard from Michael Whelan was that he hoped to get the art work for the book finished in September and King was to sign the limitation pages in September. I have no idea if either of those two things happened. I asked Audrey about the art work a few weeks ago (among other things) and she did not comment on that. Will have to pursue it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

mmmm, More information soon, promise
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    mmmm, More information soon, promise
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Me neither!! Hope we have good news soon!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Does anyone know how Grant will sell these? I have recently bought the signed limited versions of DT VI and VII and wonder if ownership of these will qualify me for a chance to buy a signed limited revised Gunslinger.
    Thanks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This has been a matter of lots of discussion elsewhere. Depending on the number of copies Grant will issue, I'd say your chances of qualifying to order a copy of the s/l are probably pretty good. Of course, that's assuming that Grant will issue a signed limited edition. There have been precious few details released.

John

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Thanks.
    I have always wondered how you prove to Grant that you are the current owner of a signed limited? I tried emailing them but got no reply.
    Jon

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even realize that was necessary. I love learning stuff about collecting
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Thanks.
    I have always wondered how you prove to Grant that you are the current owner of a signed limited? I tried emailing them but got no reply.
    Jon
    Long ago, you mailed a photocopy of the limitation page to them.
    Later, you were registered by having bought the previous book. If you were the "new" owner of the book, you would e-mail or snail mail proof by the copy of the limitation page-there was some way, perhaps including the announcement to make sure your pic was taken recently.

Edit:

Grant register link for people who purchased the Deluxe DTVII from someone other than Grant books.
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 10-17-2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added Grant register link

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The link is out of commission...please email all you information, IE: Name, address, phone # and a picture of the limitation page, or if you haven't opened it, a pic of the sticker on the bottom, showing the side with the book spines on it to karenf@grantbooks.com
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Karen.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really excited about a new Gunslinger hardcover. I don't think I'll qualify for a limited edition, but if I do, I'll put the money down in a minute!

Along the Path of the Beam lepra79 is on a distinguished road

Me neither, i can´t wait!!!

Thanks for the information. I'll be sending you my details and a pic of VII soon.
    Jon

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And I hope to do the same soon, but you already know I own one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you can be reasonably sure that Grant will follow the same policy that they have utilized in the past (i.e. the owner of S/L #296 of The Dark Tower will get first dibs on #296 of Little Sisters/Revised Gunslinger). If the owner of the DTVII number does not respond or says they do not want their number, then that number becomes available to others who enter the fray on a lottery basis. There is no apparent advantage to change the policy and Grant would run the risk of alienating some big and loyal customers if they were to change tactics this late in the game.

One of the questions most debated is how many S/Ls of the new Little Sisters/Revised Gunslinger will Grant do? That decision is up to sai King, and serious rumor has it that he has been "pushed" to increase the number of S/L as the DT story wore on (Remember, only 500 Gunslingers were produced, 750 DoTT, 1200 Wastelands, then eventually up to 1500 Dark Towers). What would really suck for some people is if sai King agreed to only do let's say 1200 of the new book. leaving 300 people out in the cold.

I am safe, cause all my numbers are less than 1,000, most under 500.

And for those of you who REALLY have to have one, but do not qualify because you do not have a S/L Dt VII, I can tell you right now that I will have 4 partial DT sets up for sale as soon as this book is formally announced, and will transfer the rights of ownership for the new S/L to the buyer of the set.

So, I wait patiently.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am doing that with bells on
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    ... I will have 4 partial DT sets up for sale ...
    Now I'm all curious as to what those partial sets' numbers are, and which books are in each partial set.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... I will have 4 partial DT sets up for sale ...
    Now I'm all curious as to what those partial sets' numbers are, and which books are in each partial set.

I'm just saving up!!!!

My Mood
    Lurking

I think you can be reasonably sure that Grant will follow the same policy that they have utilized in the past (i.e. the owner of S/L #296 of The Dark Tower will get first dibs on #296 of Little Sisters/Revised Gunslinger). If the owner of the DTVII number does not respond or says they do not want their number, then that number becomes available to others who enter the fray on a lottery basis. There is no apparent advantage to change the policy and Grant would run the risk of alienating some big and loyal customers if they were to change tactics this late in the game.

One of the questions most debated is how many S/Ls of the new Little Sisters/Revised Gunslinger will Grant do? That decision is up to sai King, and serious rumor has it that he has been "pushed" to increase the number of S/L as the DT story wore on (Remember, only 500 Gunslingers were produced, 750 DoTT, 1200 Wastelands, then eventually up to 1500 Dark Towers). What would really suck for some people is if sai King agreed to only do let's say 1200 of the new book. leaving 300 people out in the cold.

I am safe, cause all my numbers are less than 1,000, most under 500.

And for those of you who REALLY have to have one, but do not qualify because you do not have a S/L Dt VII, I can tell you right now that I will have 4 partial DT sets up for sale as soon as this book is formally announced, and will transfer the rights of ownership for the new S/L to the buyer of the set.

So, I wait patiently.

I still want #32!!!!

Traveler Deefuzz is on a distinguished road

Awww. So no way for a newbie to get started with this I guess.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
    Awww. So no way for a newbie to get started with this I guess.

Do not despair! As I said, there is usually a lottery at Grant and you might get lucky.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

so wiz... what do you think, if it is limited to 500 copies.... will that be based on who owns the matching numbers of the DT 7 limited- or who owns the matching number of (original) DT1 gunslinger limited?

if it's the DT 7 - i'd be left out in the cold, since my partial set 4-7 is above 1000.

if it is based off the gunslinger limited... does that mean i get dibs on Letter "L" - since that is the limited i own?

hmmm... i''m thinking option # 2....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast