Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2367

Thread: Little Sisters of Eluria (Revised Gunslinger)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Rather than gamble on getting a copy with a Whelan drawing I think I would buy lottery tickets. The odds are better with the lottery.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you believe that there are really 30 to 50 drawings, and that they are randomly distributed, then having just 10 books would give you a 7% to 12% chance of finding one of the drawings. Having 50 books raises the chances to 32% to 47%. It does seem unlikely that none (?) of the members of this forum found one.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Your math is probably correct. I just don't believe that the 30 to 50 drawings (or however many Whelan did) are/were randomly distributed. I think they are now all safely in the hands of people who had access to the books prior to their being sold to the public. I have no proof of that....just a very strong opinion/hunch.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Right: if A implies B, then (not A) implies (not B).

If (Randomly distributed books) implies (someone should find one)
    Then (No one found one) implies (Books not randomly distributed).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    If you believe that there are really 30 to 50 drawings, and that they are randomly distributed, then having just 10 books would give you a 7% to 12% chance of finding one of the drawings. Having 50 books raises the chances to 32% to 47%. It does seem unlikely that none (?) of the members of this forum found one.
    There are not 30+ full page drawings. There are ~10 and are all in the hands of a few collectors (and Robert Weiner). The odds are 0%.
    All of the full page remarques were culled.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to clarify, the point of my last two posts is that I agree with you. If the remarques actually exist in the wild, then at least one of them would have been found at some point in the last three years, even if as few as 100 books were ever cracked. I guess the question boils down to, "Why did Grant use the remarques as a marketing gimmick if they knew that no one would ever get any of them?"

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess the question boils down to, "Why did Grant use the remarques as a marketing gimmick if they knew that no one would ever get any of them?"
    Because it worked.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm more naive, but I don't think they did that. I do think that some copies could have been sold to collectors prior its publication, but all of them...mmm. Sorry, I don't think so. Grant always sells out all their books and editions. They don't need to gain more sales with something that is not real.

Just my opinion.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Your math is probably correct. I just don't believe that the 30 to 50 drawings (or however many Whelan did) are/were randomly distributed. I think they are now all safely in the hands of people who had access to the books prior to their being sold to the public. I have no proof of that....just a very strong opinion/hunch.
    I've always thought the same, only logical thing to believe when none show up and lets be honest with a 'chance' of a Whelan Remarque your not gonna leave your book shrinkwrapped, if you found one you'd be crowing about it in here then it would be straight in eBay.

I got sucked straight in by the Grant spiel about how much a full size remarque would be worth, now I probably wouldn't have got one anyway but I still feel conned so I've never bought any Grant books since then.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Uhm, er...mine's still shrinkwrapped. (Dodges thrown rubber brick)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I guess the question boils down to, "Why did Grant use the remarques as a marketing gimmick if they knew that no one would ever get any of them?"
    Because it worked.
    I don't know that it worked...how long did it take to sell out?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Uhm, er...mine's still shrinkwrapped. (Dodges thrown rubber brick)
    Check again!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Because it worked.
    I don't know that it worked...how long did it take to sell out?
    Based upon a 2009 publication date..~3 years. We'll never know if the hype made it sell quicker (in total), sold more initially (the sales in the first 100 days), or resulted in the 4,000 copies being sold out in ~3 years-sooner than expected.
    The undisputed fact is that what few full page art editions that were "found" sold for quite a bit of money ~>$1K each.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I like how you say "found".

Lol.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The advertising of the possibility to find a remarque did make a difference to me in buying one. If Grant knew beforehand that no remarques were actually going to be made available to the buying public, yet it was advertised that they were, there's no two ways around it ... it was flat out a lie and false advertising. And if that lie persisted for some time after publication (which it did, because I bought my copy in 2010 I think, partially based on teh remarque advertising), it's even worse. It could be more than just a black eye for Grant ... it could be a lawsuit, depending on who knew what and when. There sure seems to be enough evidence to support a case (armchair lawyer point of view).
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    The advertising of the possibility to find a remarque did make a difference to me in buying one. If Grant knew beforehand that no remarques were actually going to be made available to the buying public, yet it was advertised that they were, there's no two ways around it ... it was flat out a lie and false advertising. And if that lie persisted for some time after publication (which it did, because I bought my copy in 2010 I think, partially based on teh remarque advertising), it's even worse. It could be more than just a black eye for Grant ... it could be a lawsuit, depending on who knew what and when. There sure seems to be enough evidence to support a case (armchair lawyer point of view).
    Sneaky things are always going bump.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The odds are VERY against you finding one with a remark.....

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Care to tell more?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Were there not as many remarqued copies as originally advertised?? What's the story??? Don't leave us hanging like that Karen!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    the only reason i opened mine was becuz no one else had a remark. wouldnt whelan tell us if he did them?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Whelan definitely remarqued numerous copies; all of which were received by Grant books...

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

none of the 20+ copies I had were remarqued

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Whelan definitely remarqued numerous copies; all of which were received by Grant books...
    Quote Originally Posted by jemaher View Post
    none of the 20+ copies I had were remarqued
    So is there a stockpile of these books somewhere?

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for confirming what almost everyone already figured out, at least now we know for sure

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Thanks for confirming what almost everyone already figured out, at least now we know for sure

I tried to ask Grant the question, but i dont think they get the question. should i be more direct?

Hi,

We have been sold out of Little Sisters of Eluria for some time.

Sorry.

take care,
    Robert

Robert K. Wiener
    President
    Donald M. Grant Publisher, Inc.
    P. O. Box 187
    Hampton Falls, NH 03844
    603-778-7191

My question to Grant Books:

>Is this still a good email for Grant Books?
    >
    >On a Stephen King Fan website - The Dark Tower.org
    >
    >It is heavily implied that the signed artist editions of Little Sisters
    >of Eluria with the remarks from the artist were never
    >shipped to customers. If this is so, and you have a copy
    >available, I would love to buy one. If not, and you want to
    >refute the claim - you might want to go to the website!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 LastLast