Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Haven Foundation Fund Raiser 2009--Ideas and Suggestions

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Thanks for all the feedback and great ideas for this year's drive, everyone!

Before we make a concrete decision on anything we'll take all the feedback and suggestions into account. That's why this thread is here.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I guess my concern with the auctions is that, technically, someone with a lot of dough could walk away with everything.

Also, just a question, can anyone bid on DTbay? I mean, someone could swoop on in, buy up all the auction stuff and then open a little mini-SK store on ebay?

Sorry. Having a bad day at work today. Don't mean to take it out on my friends here.

: shutting up now :
    Last edited by turtlex; 11-05-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: indicating my existing crankyness
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

No need to shut up at all Pam, those concerns are valid.

I just want to make sure people understand that I am talking about auctioning off stuff with low value on DTBay. (Only members can bid there by the way)

Anything that is a serious King collectible will still be given away.

Like Hannah said, this is not set in stone and I plan to employee all of you for help. The goal is to raise as much as we possibly can and I'm taking that pretty seriously this year. I want to make sure all the sides are covered.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also willing to mail out my donations directly to the winner if that helps out at all. I haven't sent them out yet, so I'll just wait until you decide how you want to do it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And I promise that I will pay all shipping costs for the items that I have already given to Matt.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It isn't really the cost you guys. I donated over 800.00 when it was all said and done last year and was happy to do it.

Mostly I just want the most bang for the buck and a system to handle it correctly. We almost outgrew our britches with the response last year and this year I want much more.

I hate to turn something fun into something complicated so everyone just needs to give and I'll work out the rest.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks, Matt.
    Like I said, having some cranky issues at work. Didn't want to come off like a jerk at all.

( Inserting little V head because it's Nov 5th )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Thanks, Matt.
    Like I said, having some cranky issues at work. Didn't want to come off like a jerk at all.

( Inserting little V head because it's Nov 5th )

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I'ver already given Matt some books in Vegas and there are 2 signed Jae Lee comics headed to him today for the give. However best you can use my donations is okey dokey with me.

The only thing that worries me about auctioning off the "big" items, is that the economy is in the tank, people are cash poor and being conservative in their spending, and the bigger Collectors on this site that may (or not) have more discretionary cash flow probably already own whatever is going to be auctioned. Just my 2 cents.

And, I'd bid WAY MORE than 17 cents for Brice, so there!

turtlesong:
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We are still putting the deal together here but I must say...

I have got some AMAZING stuff donated so far.

<--is setting up his excel sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

<snip>

And, I'd bid WAY MORE than 17 cents for Brice, so there!

turtlesong:
    yeah, but wiz doesn't even know how f'n old he is so what do you expect?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So i didnt understand so far : can we giveaway some items? What is the deadline to do so?
    I will prob get some items back in one month or so, will it be ok?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We try to do our best to coordinate (and gather) collectible items for the giveaway.

I am still hashing out the details and the whole thing doesn't actually start until Jan. 1 2009

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Mayhap art from the powers of the Tower? HE HE Phil, Rick, Michael, Ned, Dave, Bernie and Darrel?

If you contact them, the worst they can do is say no, right?
    You've already got that giant wolf beast thing, what more do you want?

Very cool idea.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Hey, how about poster versions of fellow member artwork contest winners for the big give?
    I wouldn't mind having DarkThought's Oy or Eddie on my wall

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good idea except for the cost of actually producing them. You have to buy in bulk and it would be a hell of an investment.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

ahhh....true...then again, even if you weren't giving them away I'd buy them

That's a good idea except for the cost of actually producing them. You have to buy in bulk and it would be a hell of an investment.

actually, not necessarily. i had a huge poster made for when my husband did a marathon and then had it mounted on some kind of board and it wasn't that expensive. if you were thinking about doing something like this i could check into prices for you. there are two really good printing places that i use here.

do you want me to check?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to stick to donated stuff on my end here. If folks would like to have a few of these made I would simply ask the artist for permission, have it done and then donate it for auction or giveaway to the fund raiser.

You are also welcome to DTbay it yourself and give the charity all or part of the proceeds.

whatever you say cap'n!

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

If it would help, I wouldn't mind donating my "Great Old Ones" drawing. It's just sitting around my apartment, anyway, and if it would help a cause out I'd be okay with donating the original. I mean, if anyone would want it, anyway.

Edit: It's not folded, or anything, so it's still in good shape.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Tiffany! Well, I for one would want it. And I'm sure a lot of other people would too. PM me and we can talk "details."
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet! I don't mind giving it up but especially like the idea of it going for a good cause. I'll pm you!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a few items for the giveaway, Matt - should I just hang onto them for now until we figure out the whole shipping thing?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think, in most cases this year we are going to go ahead and consolidate the donated items again for shipping. I'm having a phone meet with Aaron and Hannah tonight so we'll have it all figured out then.

It has a lot to do with simply coordinating it when the time comes.

Also makes the items easy to photograph and post on the site for the list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast