+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Number?-Want list for specific S/L #'s

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    I am also looking for an Author's Copy of The Gunslinger(I know, I know - Good Luck!)

Although any copy would be acceptable, as it's one of the few S/Ls I don't have a copy of.
    I don't recall ever seeing an Author's Copy of THE GUNSLINGER. I know of the 52 lettered copies and the 12 Publisher's Copies. They probably exist but I just don't remember coming across one for sale.
    There is a copy of what I believe to be the "Presentation Copy" (signed, but not numbered, and no slipcase) on ABE. It isn't listed as such, but based on the description....

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't sure about those, which is why I figured I was dreaming. I guess it will have to be a Pub Copy.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    I am also looking for an Author's Copy of The Gunslinger(I know, I know - Good Luck!)

Although any copy would be acceptable, as it's one of the few S/Ls I don't have a copy of.
    I don't recall ever seeing an Author's Copy of THE GUNSLINGER. I know of the 52 lettered copies and the 12 Publisher's Copies. They probably exist but I just don't remember coming across one for sale.
    There is a copy of what I believe to be the "Presentation Copy" (signed, but not numbered, and no slipcase) on ABE. It isn't listed as such, but based on the description....
    That would be my guess as well. I actually asked the seller if that's what it was, and he said no, but I believe he is confused.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this has been mentioned before, but Tomas' site, SKCollector, shows a number of Publisher's, Author's, Artist's and Presentation copies:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/limited/dt1.html

I also, however, don't recall ever seeing any of these except the Presentation Copy.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, here is a short list of the numbers out there for sale and where you can find them. As I'v been looking for my # I figured I could take same notes and share. As I continue to search other sites I will add to the list.

Very Fine Books
    DT I - VII # 30
    DT I - VII Lettered AH
    DT I # 276
    DT II, IV-VI # 661

Betts Books
    DT I - VII # 187
    DT I - IV # 222
    DT I # 474 and II-VII # 145 (sold as set)
    DT II # 472
    DT VII - Publisher Copy

StephenKingCollector.com
    DT III - Publisher Copy

abebooks.com
    DT I - VII # 116
    DT I (no number error copy), II # 554, III - VII #203 (sold as set)
    DT I #62, II&III # 783 (sold as set)
    DT I - VII # 235
    DT I (signed Grant 1st ed + signed audio), DT II # 732, DT III - VII # 830 (sold as set)
    DT I (signed Grant 2nd ed + signed audio), DT II - VII # 94 (sold as set)
    DT I - VII # 78
    DT I (stated no number)
    DT II - VII # 94
    DT II # 779
    DT II # 523
    DT II # 691
    DT II # 96
    DT III # 788
    DT III # 1039
    DT III # 1146
    DT III # 720
    DT III - Publisher Copy
    DT III # 887
    DT III # 893
    DT III # 1189
    DT III # 802
    DT III # 96
    DT IV # 268
    DT IV # 720
    DT IV # 887
    DT IV # 964
    DT IV # 1148
    DT V - Publisher Copy
    DT VI - Publisher Copy
    DT VII - Publisher Copy
    DT VII # 1304
    DT VII # 1303
    DT VII # 1415
    DT VII # 1416

ebay.com
    DT I - VII # 237
    DT I (signed Grant 1st ed), DT II - VII & LSoE # 159 (sold as set)
    DT IV # 1148
    DT V # 1263

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice job on the research, EMM! Now if only my numbers were there somewhere...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Most of the info for books #d <500 is on wiz's list of same #d sets, but this is very helpful for those of us unlucky enough to have a number higher than that.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting those DT numbers.

The PC copy of DT VII Bett's had is sold. I also emailed the person on Abe who has The Gunslinger #62 as I thought it would be cool to put that with the #626 set I'm working on putting together. He said he didn't want to sell it separately as it would compromise the "integrity" of his set. I guess no one told him the set is 7 books not 3? Anyway, it's too bad the prices on Abe are so ridiculous. He wants $9,000 for that DT I, II, III and that's not much better than the rest of the prices there.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blg View Post
    Thanks for posting those DT numbers.

The PC copy of DT VII Bett's had is sold. I also emailed the person on Abe who has The Gunslinger #62 as I thought it would be cool to put that with the #626 set I'm working on putting together. He said he didn't want to sell it separately as it would compromise the "integrity" of his set. I guess no one told him the set is 7 books not 3? Anyway, it's too bad the prices on Abe are so ridiculous. He wants $9,000 for that DT I, II, III and that's not much better than the rest of the prices there.
    Thats bad luck Bill - it would haven fit VERY nicely. If you think its worth it maybe point out to him how much the value of DTII and DTIII have fallen and maybe try to get a deal on the set, just to resell II & III?

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I know it's a long shot, but anyone here have Secretary of Dreams Vol. I #383?

I have #747 and would love to work out a trade for #383 as it's supposedly the number I'm going to get for Vol. II and CD said they couldn't match my #747.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking for a Lettered Danse Macabe.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Looking for a Lettered Danse Macabe.
    Stu @ Betts just got one in on consignment.
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It sold in a second to a guy I know who beat me to it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Playphish just posted he has one.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

blg,

Not such a long shot. I own #383 of SOD I. Oddly enough, my DT 3 - 7, LSOE, Black House and Desperation are all #747. Crazy! However, I am in the process of selling my #747 collection. Perhaps I can work something out for you.

Bob

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have #747 and would love to work out a trade for #383 as it's supposedly the number I'm going to get for Vol. II and CD said they couldn't match my #747.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    blg,

Not such a long shot. I own #383 of SOD I. Oddly enough, my DT 3 - 7, LSOE, Black House and Desperation are all #747. Crazy! However, I am in the process of selling my #747 collection. Perhaps I can work something out for you.

Bob

Okay, how damn strange is that? What is the likelyhood that y'all would both happen to have numbers the other needed (although Bob's getting rid of his). Just think of the odds.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PlayPhish View Post
    blg,

Bob

Okay, how damn strange is that? What is the likelyhood that y'all would both happen to have numbers the other needed (although Bob's getting rid of his). Just think of the odds.
    KA is a wheel.......

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's part of the reason we're all here. To help each other out.
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi, Can you add me to the list. I'm looking for DT2 #644. Thanks!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well met and welcome, becca! Glad you made it over here! Good luck in finding your number!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey becca!

Welcome to the site and good luck!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks guys!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.com, becca!

Please feel welcome to jump into any conversation or discussion.

And get your post count up to at least "5". A few more site features will become available.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still looking for Dark Tower 1 and 2 with #277. Could trade the two other numbers I now own....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Welcome to TDT.com, becca!

Please feel welcome to jump into any conversation or discussion.

And get your post count up to at least "5". A few more site features will become available.
    haha thanks. i'm not very talkative and have trouble getting my post count up (i think i need professional help). i still need 3 posts at sk boards so i can join groups and leave messages for members :'(

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast