Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Number?-Want list for specific S/L #'s

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Well this has been very eye-opening for me. I know it's a personal preference but I thought so many more people would want matching numbers. For me, I love that my CD DD years and my PS anniversary editions match and my SST Paul Tremblay books match, and my Joe Lansdale SST books match, and my Suntups all match. I don't think they need to match each other, but as sets it's something I'd really want. I bought three Vintage Horror books from Centipede and the first two matched (Jerad matched it automatically) so when I bought the third one I thought he'd do that again. It didn't match and I didn't email him to complain but it was a bummer.

And I love lower numbers but I would never pay more for them.

But seeing all these responses really makes me ease down off the need to match numbers. If you all don't care, maybe I shouldn't care as much.

Except for my Suntups. Don't f**k with my Suntups.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well this has been very eye-opening for me. I know it's a personal preference but I thought so many more people would want matching numbers. For me, I love that my CD DD years and my PS anniversary editions match and my SST Paul Tremblay books match, and my Joe Lansdale SST books match, and my Suntups all match. I don't think they need to match each other, but as sets it's something I'd really want. I bought three Vintage Horror books from Centipede and the first two matched (Jerad matched it automatically) so when I bought the third one I thought he'd do that again. It didn't match and I didn't email him to complain but it was a bummer.

And I love lower numbers but I would never pay more for them.

But seeing all these responses really makes me ease down off the need to match numbers. If you all don't care, maybe I shouldn't care as much.

Except for my Suntups. Don't f**k with my Suntups.
    I change my numbers to match yours Jeff...it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I use one of those big black Sharpies so it really stands out and bleeds through at least 6 chapters.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

When I’m buying direct from a publisher, I do like to get matching numbers of a series. Matching numbers from a given author is not so important - unless it is the way of holding rights to that author’s future titles from that publisher.

On the secondary market, matching numbers is nice to have, but I generally won’t pay extra for it. Rarely have I replaced a non-matching set with a matching set in my collection.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

For an ongoing series, like AGOT, I try to keep matching numbers. Otherwise it really doesn't matter to me anymore.
    My matching DT3 came up on eBay last year at a highly inflated amount. I made one offer at market value and moved on when it was rejected.
    Mark Twain

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I care when sets. Sets of books... like DT, Doubleday... and many other. But the question doesn't really specify that. I would have posed it:

Do you care if your sets are matched number / letter wise?

Yes

No
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I think the only matching letters/numbers I have are my King PS Publishing Anniversary Editions. I got low numbers and letters and just continued it. Otherwise I don't give a damn. I have lots of letter "P" books from CD, but I don't care about matching letters, only that they are single letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Voted I don't care at all. I don't think I have anything matching. If Suntup ever produced another King limited I would ask to match Misery but otherwise, eh. Too much headache.
    These posts seem kind of contradictory to me.....they both say to me...."I don't care.....but I really do".

We collectors are a wacky bunch.

Me....I like matching numbers.....but you know where I differ from a lot of folks here?.....I couldn't care less about getting a matching recipient set of The Plant. In fact I know who has the matching #2 to my #1......and I am happier with my current #2 as it is in better condition.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Well, there is caring and there is caring.

If it doesn’t cost me effort or money, then matching numbers are nice. Does that mean I care about it? Not very much. But if I spent bunches of cash replacing non-matching sets of books with matching sets of books, that indicates a significant amount of caring.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

While archiving my books, I discovered that my two Thunderstorm books match (The Vault and Lullabies for Suffering), even though I didn't specifically request it.

Was this purely coincidental or did they automatically match them for me? It was a pleasant surprise that I hadn't even noticed until today.

Excitedly, I checked to see if my Thunderstorm copy of Reception also matched. It didn't, but the limitation was too small for it to have been possible.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    While archiving my books, I discovered that my two Thunderstorm books match (The Vault and Lullabies for Suffering), even though I didn't specifically request it.

Was this purely coincidental or did they automatically match them for me? It was a pleasant surprise that I hadn't even noticed until today.

Excitedly, I checked to see if my Thunderstorm copy of Reception also matched. It didn't, but the limitation was too small for it to have been possible.
    I got number 2 on my edition of The Vault (Black Voltage). Anyone want to buy that super low number from me for a super high price??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I think the only matching letters/numbers I have are my King PS Publishing Anniversary Editions. I got low numbers and letters and just continued it. Otherwise I don't give a damn. I have lots of letter "P" books from CD, but I don't care about matching letters, only that they are single letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Voted I don't care at all. I don't think I have anything matching. If Suntup ever produced another King limited I would ask to match Misery but otherwise, eh. Too much headache.
    These posts seem kind of contradictory to me.....they both say to me...."I don't care.....but I really do".

We collectors are a wacky bunch.

Me....I like matching numbers.....but you know where I differ from a lot of folks here?.....I couldn't care less about getting a matching recipient set of The Plant. In fact I know who has the matching #2 to my #1......and I am happier with my current #2 as it is in better condition.
    Haha, this is true. I realized after I wrote it what it looked like. I'll rephrase and say Suntup King productions would be the ONLY ones I would like to have match. My CD Doubledays don't, my PS anniversaries don't, none of my S/L's do so I mostly don't care. Lol.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used to have #1 in the PS Publishing series of King books. I certainly gave a shit when I received #506 of Carrie instead of #1.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I used to have #1 in the PS Publishing series of King books. I certainly gave a shit when I received #506 of Carrie instead of #1.
    HAHA!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    WHOA! Yeah I’d lose it over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone come across any #64 lately?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark tower 1-4 #101

Suntup #239

PS publishing king books #570
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Within the last few months mcc-henr on eBay parted with his entire Dark Tower set. Most were numbered 754. I have four five of them. As with so many others recently, I am seeking the remainders, DT III, VI & VII. I'll pay for shipping both ways. Thanks!
    Last edited by TnTzDad; 07-30-2020 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Updated needs.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeking DT Numbered editions # 171 (or 203)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Seeking DT Numbered editions # 171 (or 203)
    https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...-srp1-_-title2

Not Dark Tower....but it is a King signed S/L.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Traveler MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP has a spectacular aura about MistaP's Avatar

Default DT II & DT III #21 or #627

I recently bought The Gunslinger #21 and I also have DT IV-VII #627. Therefore top of my want list are DT II and DT III either #21 or #627.

I know DT II and DT III #21 traded on eBay years ago but the seller is no longer a registered user (I was hoping to find the buyer this way). Anyway, they're out there...

I'd also like to get TWTTKH and LSOE in either number although I already have S/L copies of these (non-matching numbers).

Regards,
    Peter.
    Wanted: DT II & DT III #21 or #627

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Anyone perchance have DT I, II, or III #107? Or Suntup Haunting of Hill House #135? I have at least $2 to spend.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

The Gunslinger #107 sold recently I believe. At well over $6,500.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

I'm not opposed if anyone knows who bought it.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MistaP View Post
    I recently bought The Gunslinger #21 and I also have DT IV-VII #627. Therefore top of my want list are DT II and DT III either #21 or #627.

I know DT II and DT III #21 traded on eBay years ago but the seller is no longer a registered user (I was hoping to find the buyer this way). Anyway, they're out there...

I'd also like to get TWTTKH and LSOE in either number although I already have S/L copies of these (non-matching numbers).

Regards,
    Peter.

Hello..I came across DT3 #627 on ABE..
    John W Knott Jr, Bookseller
    Laurel MD
    1-302-512-1300 is the number listed.
    He's asking $1500, abe prices are always crazy though.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    You can NOTE: EXPLORER is definitely looking for DTII #219 , DTIII #219 ( have all the others)
    and have various numbers of them and others for trade.
    .................................................. ................................ and could also be interested in other Limited s #219
    Have various numbers could trade for S ltds #219.. for example Have #83 of DT III would trade
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

FRONT PAGE REVAMPED AND UPDATED!

Since Terry's not around anymore, I asked the boss if he wouldn't mind if I took over the thread as I had some ideas for changing/updating; he said go ahead.

So if you'd like to check it out, head on over to the first page in the thread HERE. I've cleaned it up so it's more legible and easy to follow, took out all of the unnecessary links, and broken it out into six useful (I think) categories:

- Number Wanted, Anything Stephen King (US/UK books, Audiobooks, Art Portfolios, etc.)
    - Letter Wanted, Anything Stephen King (US/UK books, Audiobooks, Art Portfolios, etc.)
    - Number Wanted, Specific Stephen King Book(s)
    - Letter Wanted, Specific Stephen King Book(s)
    - Publisher's Copy, Author's Copy, Presentation Copy, or Blank Limitation Wanted
    - Have This Number/Letter In My Collection and Am Willing to (S)ell or (T)rade

Used in conjunction with the Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who Owns Them and Collectible Classifieds, I think this will provide a useful tool for finding that missing limitation you're looking for, or maybe to help somebody else find theirs.

Please PM me with any updates to the list; I have no idea when the last time was that it was updated. Also send me any new wants. If you're going to use the "Willing to (S)ell or (T)rade" section, please be sure to indicate which you'd like to do; if Trading, indicate for what.

Comments and feedback welcome.

George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast