Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: If you love me then love me

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by overhoser View Post
    If you do get a chance to listen to the audio books, I recommend it. Frank Muller is great, except he only does 2-4. At the end of 5, Stephen King says Muller was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and would not be able to continue reading. There is a foundation for him, but the recording is from 2001.

Also, SK says in his message about Muller that listening to the books is the best way to enjoy them. You can't rush or skip, you have to take everything at a steady pace. I am enjoying them. 17 minutes at a time...
    Actually our site does an annual fundraiser for The Haven Foundation which is the foundation to which you're referring .

And I agree the audios are great though my preference is for the ones with King reading them himself.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam overhoser is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Actually our site does an annual fundraiser for The Haven Foundation which is the foundation to which you're referring .
    Good to know. I would be interested in participating the next time it comes around. Thanks.
    Currently Reading (Pleasure): The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan and The Dark Tower

Currently Reading (School): Done reading, done writing. Helloooo vacation.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by overhoser View Post
    Also, SK says in his message about Muller that listening to the books is the best way to enjoy them. You can't rush or skip, you have to take everything at a steady pace. I am enjoying them. 17 minutes at a time...
    I think King's right about this. I listened to the first two books. There's not a bad chance that if I had just picked up Gunslinger and started reading I might not have been as enthralled.

Gunslinger Apprentice MPatrick is on a distinguished road MPatrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Leti when it comes to love in a story. It can often seem clichéd, because how hard is it to write about love? Cliché's are cliché for a reason.

I loved W&G, it's not my favorite at all, but I enjoyed another genre mixed into it. A Romeo & Juliet for the Western sect.

As for the line? I loved it. Gets me every time I read it. I can understand that it can be seen in a jingle kind of way, but it's all about how you interpret the line I guess. To me it's a matter of throwing caution to the wind. About young love not caring about consequence. I'm remembering my first love and I thought I was so in love with her that I would never get over it.

As for whether the line is meant as a "love me with your heart" or "love me with your parts" love, is it really that easy to separate? I certainly never got the idea that their relationship was based purely on teenage hormones. Yet, when you fall in love, don't you want to sleep with the person?

I've never fallen in love with someone and not had sex on the brain. When you feel that strongly about someone, don't you want sex? Sex is right there. Call it making love if you want to, but it comes to the same thing. Wanting to be "one" with the person you love is as natural as anything else.

I know the story had some moments that made me groan they were so cheesy, but this line is not one of them.

When I'm in the moment and there is only me, some cool music, and the book I am reading? I'm right there. I feel like I'm todash and seeing these people in front of me. I can almost feel the tension between them when she says that line.

I'm hopeless though. I hope to never be in situation like they were, but if I was in Roland's place and she said that to me? All over it...

Here are my chips; I'm all in!

Gunslinger Apprentice MPatrick is on a distinguished road MPatrick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As for the audio books, I just finished my first re-read of Wolves and read the afterword about Frank Muller. I too am keeping in mind what he said about how completely you are enveloped by the words being spoken to you. I've found myself skimming along to get to the good parts, and have to go back and force myself to read them.

I think I have to check out the audio books when I next travel to the Tower!

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to use the "if you love me then love me" line on my wife tonight. I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It didn't work.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No big surprise for bears

(my wife would have giggled, thinking I was quoting some especially corny passage from a ladies' magazine I'd seen at some waiting room, and asked for more; we would have had some good laugh, but the - you know - would have been ruined)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I used the line on my husband and he didn't get it. He just said, "But I do love you!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4