Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3072

Thread: This-Is-Movie Triviaaaaaaaa!!!

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

He's in Tony's class reunion picture. This one (like Rear Window) is easy to remember because it's one of his claustrophic movies with not many people in them, so there's only so many places he could be. Also, I know almost all of them. I was completely OBSESSED with Hitchcock for a few months in high school.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

You are correct, again.

I doubt most people I went to high school with could even tell you who Hitchcock was let alone anything about any of his movies.

Your turn.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here. One time one of my friends went, "Em, what are those movies you like? Some guy who's last name is cock?" I wanted to jump into oncoming traffic.

Moving on...

What Alfred Hitchcock movie features a dream sequence created by Salvador Dali?
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

That was pretty much the attitude at my high school as well. Very Beavis and Butthead... "Huh huh, you said cock, huh huh".

Now for your question... I know! I know!

Should I give someone else a chance or should I just say it's Spellbound? Oops.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hahaha! For a minute I was like WHAT?! He's really not going to answer?! Spellbound is correct. After Rear Window, that's probably my favorite Hitchcock movie, it gave me horrible nightmares which I weirdly think is cool. Your turn!

It's definitely one of the best. That it gave you nightmares is illustrative of how good a film it is to elicit such a visceral response.

New question coming soon...

And now one from one of my most favorite Hitchcock films...

In North by Northwest, what Broadway theater did Thornhill tell Vandamm he was planning to go to before he was abducted?

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

He's supposed to meet his mother at The Winter Garden Theatre.

I'm from New Haven, so I like to pretend I know a lot about New York. Probably one of the things that really drew me to the Dark Tower series, actually. I love North By Northwest because I know a lot of the places they're talking about. Also, Cary Grant is my dream man.

Unsurprisingly, you are correct again.

I am originally from New York and then spent ages 5-22 in New Jersey so I too feel a fondness for and closeness to NYC (the greatest place on earth). Like you, it's one of the things that appeals to me about DT, particularly DoTT.

So you are up again.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Woo! Alright, moving on from Hitchcock but staying with the old movies...

Name 2 out of the 4 identities that Cary Grant's character goes through in the movie Charade.

I hope this isn't too hard of a question. Also, I feel kind of bad that we've commandeered this thread , does no one else share the love for old movies?

There are definitely other fans of older movies here. Heather, turtlex, Jean, Hannah and probably many others too.

This question I actually don't know the answer to so someone else is going to have to play with us.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know, I missed all the Hitchcock fun.

Unfortunately I've never seen Charade, so I'll be of no help on this question.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

It made me think of you a lot today Heather. Every new Hitchcock question I was thinking "I bet Heather knows this one". Tempus Frangit has proven to be quite the knowledgeable fan of the classics. Always good to have another amongst our number.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes it is, we seem to be a small group around here.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Gah! I was afraid that question might be too hard. I'm addicted to this thread, I can't bear to see it stall! By the way, I'm glad I have people to share my old movie addiction with! Woo!

And we're glad to have you here.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Carson and Alexandar Dyle?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

He does pretend to be Alexander Dyle, Carson's brother, but never Carson (who is played by Walter Matthau). That's one though!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

wait are you sure? I haven't seen the movie in a long time but I thought walter mattau plaid a guy named hamiliton something or the other. Am I all turned around? do I need to watch again?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I'm not sure! I'm almost positive... Walter Matthau plays Hamilton Bartholomew throughout the majority of the movie, but then at the end you find out that he is really Carson Dyle, having told Reggie that Carson Dyle was dead in the beginning of the movie. I'm ALMOST positive.

Either way, I think you ought to have to have the feather, my need for this thread to continue is too great!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes yes you're right. Silly me. I really think I need a refresher on that movie. Lets see another name he used besides alexandar was Joshua Peter or Peter Joshua?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Peter Joshua is correct! I think I may need a refresher as well, just because it's such a great movie!

You're up!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Tempus Frangit

In Pollyanna, what was her last name and what town did she come to live in and spread cheer?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

do we need some help here? hints? a totally different question?

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just came here to bump this haha. I actually have no idea what the answer is, I think I've seen this movie but don't remember much of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast