Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 881 of 890 FirstFirst ... 381 781 831 871 879 880 881 882 883 ... LastLast
Results 22,001 to 22,025 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Not only does he have enough short horror fiction to fill one collection -- but he has three full-length horror short-story collections: BLACK EVENING, NIGHTSCAPE, and BEFORE I WAKE...all signed/limited HCs, the latter two published by Subterranean Press.
    Thanks for the info (which I will act on!).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    ...NIGHTSCAPE, and BEFORE I WAKE...all signed/limited HCs, the latter two published by Subterranean Press.
    Are those two exclusive through SP? Meaning, didn't exist before/otherwise, as did King's Night Shift and Skeleton Crew, for example.

Along the Path of the Beam jwilkinson01 is on a distinguished road

Just received the CD slipcase for Gwendy's Magic Feather that I pre-ordered a while back...What edition is this supposed to fit???

***EDIT*** Figured it out, that is the slipcase for the Limited Edition CD published, the Slipcase was supposed to be for the Trade Edition.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gwendy’s Final Task by Stephen King and Richard Chizmar:
    The Limited Edition is in design. Tentatively looking for a 2024 publication. (3/31/2023)

So, by the wording of this, this may be in 2024? So maybe 2025 if tentatively doesn’t pan out? I’m in it for the long haul, but that date snuck in under the radar.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    The Limited Edition is in design. Tentatively looking for a 2024 publication. (3/31/2023)

So, by the wording of this, this may be in 2024? So maybe 2025 if tentatively doesn’t pan out? I’m in it for the long haul, but that date snuck in under the radar.
    I guess I missed this secret pre-order. I get notifications for some but not others

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jwilkinson01 View Post

I guess I missed this secret pre-order. I get notifications for some but not others
    That was a while ago. I ordered on 4/12/2021.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Yeah I also ordered mine I think in 2021. I have since cancelled it though

Serious question does any other publisher make you put out so much money to wait 2,3,4,5++ years?

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post

Yeah I also ordered mine I think in 2021. I have since cancelled it though

Serious question does any other publisher make you put out so much money to wait 2,3,4,5++ years?
    I doubt that any other publisher uses their customers as venture capitalists like CD does. Personally, I think it's quite sad.

Best,
    John

Just received the CD slipcase for Gwendy's Magic Feather that I pre-ordered a while back...What edition is this supposed to fit???

***EDIT*** Figured it out, that is the slipcase for the Limited Edition CD published, the Slipcase was supposed to be for the Trade Edition.
    Update on this, I reached out to CD and they confirmed this was a shipping error at the warehouse and they are sending a slipcase for the trade edition. I guess I have a spare for the limited now.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I searched AbeBooks.com for "Cemetery Dance" to see if anything of interest that I would've never known to search for might turn up, and ended up ordering these 4 (all under $40; 1 was $15):

Black Evening by David Morrell
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/black-evening.html
    Well, the books have been drifting in, and I kind of botched this one (Black Evening) by inadvertently ordering a library copy (it was right there in the listing - my fault, not the seller's).

While I expected I'd have to live with the usual library stamps/marks, I did get "lucky" in that the book was in worse shape than the seller's "very good" description implied, with significant discoloration to the dust jacket and inner boards, allowing me to plausibly request a refund. I thought the seller might try to fight this by brushing off the discoloration as an ordinary result of long-term presence in a library (which it may well have been), but fortunately (in a sense) I also found that the text block was broken, and that (to the seller's credit) triggered a rapid refund (and they didn't even want the book back).

I've ordered another copy of it (being careful to read the listing this time) and should have it before long.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The production page was updated a week ago :
    https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras...ction-updates/

"Unfortunately, paper shortages and printer delays strike once again! We just learned that the trade hardcover of our double book, A Face in the Crowd/The Longest December will be another 3-4 weeks before copies are ready to ship to us. We have several thousand individual pre-orders for this title, as well as five-figure quantities going to online and brick-and-mortar booksellers, so this extended delay is troublesome. Alas, we are at the printer’s mercy and there is nothing we can do about it. We may decide to run a relatively low number of POD hardcover copies to fulfill retail purchase orders that expire soon, but longtime customers and booksellers will receive the more finely-crafted edition produced by our printer.
    "
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

"Unfortunately, paper shortages and printer delays strike once again! We just learned that the trade hardcover of our double book, A Face in the Crowd/The Longest December will be another 3-4 weeks before copies are ready to ship to us. We have several thousand individual pre-orders for this title, as well as five-figure quantities going to online and brick-and-mortar booksellers, so this extended delay is troublesome. Alas, we are at the printer’s mercy and there is nothing we can do about it. We may decide to run a relatively low number of POD hardcover copies to fulfill retail purchase orders that expire soon, but longtime customers and booksellers will receive the more finely-crafted edition produced by our printer.
    "

That "update" is probably a couple of months old already.

Looks like the actual updates are to :

Gwendy Trilogy Matched Collectors Set In Custom Slipcase:
    Custom Slipcase for the Gwendy Trilogy:
    So Cold the River by Michael Koryta
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Traveler ncleapyear will become famous soon enough ncleapyear will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

"
    The entire update page reads like a litany of moronic excuses: "This can lead to delays...," "We request your patience...," "In an effort to avoid errors or potential miscommunication...," "You’ve waited this long...," "We are working on catching our projects up...," "We are chipping at the block of prepped projects but...," "If we have not reached them by this summer...," "we are unable to give a production plan update...," "have been in a holding pattern...," etc. It's pretty nauseating. This whole game they've been playing (for a long time, really, but especially) for the past few years is not unlike Lucy promising that this time she won't pull the football away, and Charlie Brown running up to kick it, and ... well, we all know how that ends every single time. Even Dark Regions, FFS, is staring to clear their backlog, and I never thought I'd see that.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

8+ years I've been waiting on a book now, I have an email fron 2018 saying that it was ready for the printers and would be going off to print in 4-6 weeks. As of today, that book has still yet to be sent to the printers. I do not understand how/why we as a community continue to give them our money.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Chizmar is too busy chasing a boogeyman to be bothered by something silly like running a business.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ncleapyear View Post

It's pretty nauseating. This whole game they've been playing (for a long time, really, but especially) for the past few years is not unlike Lucy promising that this time she won't pull the football away, and Charlie Brown running up to kick it, and ... well, we all know how that ends every single time. Even Dark Regions, FFS, is staring to clear their backlog, and I never thought I'd see that.
    I was SHOCKED when DRP sent my Offspring and now Malorie is en route. I totally applaud them. I don't know if Chris Morey is still running things over there (Joe and Weird House stepped in to fulfill Wolf Hunt 3) but he kept the lights on and got the books out without turning his customers into employees. Which is what Chizz did by telling his customers to buy a book simply to push the Chizz up the rankings. Not because the book is any good--they never make that case in the email--but because number of preorders impact rankings. They go so far as to bribe customers with the Gwendy trilogy, all signed. Hey, Chizz, stop signing the tepid Gwendy series long enough to clear your f**king backlog. And if you want people to buy your book, write a book worth buying without bribery.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

One day at a time...sweet Jesus.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got the shipping notice for Interview with the Vampire! I ordered in May of 2016.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I just got the shipping notice for Interview with the Vampire! I ordered in May of 2016.
    Ditto

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad to see some progress.

Items on order since before that date...

CDCC4 09/13/2013 A Good Story and Good Word
    11/11/2013 1 Turn Down the Lights artist edition * Limited edition requires a Pre-Printing Check.
    12/08/2013 1 Book Club 2014 - Stephen King Limited - Waiting by Rick Hautala * Pre-Printing Check.
    CDCC5 9/15/2014 The Judas Tree by Simon Clark
    CDCC5 9/15/2014 Sunny Pines
    05/27/2015 1 We're All in this Together (Limited Edition) lettered * Pre-Printing Check.
    05/31/2015 1 We're All in This Together (Limited Edition) limited * Pre-Printing Check.
    07/13/2015 1 The Best of Shivers S/L * One of the authors has not sent back sig sheets for several years. If we have not reached them by this summer, we will print new sig sheets excluding them and get this show on the road! (3/31/2023)
    10/21/2015 1 Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn S/L * BOOK READY FOR PRINTER. SLIPCASES PENDING
    04/26/2016 1 Dark Screams: The Signed Limited Edition Hardcover! * READY FOR THE PRINTER
    05/02/2016 1 In Sunlight and In Shadow (Special Edition) * Pre-Printing Check
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Doubleday AE-L(ettered) Night Shift will see release next month.
    Books were done sometime ago, cases now as well, it seems.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk

Great news! where did you hear?

That is the longest outstanding book for me (plus the Stand and Pet Semetary editions). I have over $15K in preorders at CD.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me too. I guess they decided to ship the slipcase later so the less wait for the book.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished reading Dark Debts and went over to the CD website to check its status update. They're still waiting for the introduction. Unreal. Chizmar has truly learned nothing from the past mistakes of taking people's money for books that aren't even finished. That or he knows what he's doing aka he's running a ponzy scheme with no regard for his customer base.

[sarcasm]I'm glad his son's pet projects are coming out on time. [/sarcasm]

It's too bad though, CD really was an institution at its peak. You can pick a random book from their catalogue and have a wonderful time with some top tier horror fiction. Dark Harvest went out at their peak, what Chizmar is doing with CD is just ... pathetic.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk

Great news! where did you hear?
    Over on FaceBook someone posted he had received a "Have you recently moved" e-mail, which was about the lettered Night Shift. As I had not received this email, I contacted CD and yes, the book is about to be shipped, next month.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 881 of 890 FirstFirst ... 381 781 831 871 879 880 881 882 883 ... LastLast