Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 876 of 890 FirstFirst ... 376 776 826 866 874 875 876 877 878 886 ... LastLast
Results 21,876 to 21,900 of 22234

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Imagine running a company that publishes signed Stephen King books into the ground.
    This has to be one of the most, if not the most, bizarre business models on the planet. Yet, folks keeping feeding into it like a bad slot machine that never pays off. Even their auctions go for well beyond market value. It's almost cult like the following they have. "All hail the mighty Chiz! For he will keep you fore filled with his empty promises of products to come".

But hell, why should he change? Would you, if folks kept throwing money your way and you never had to deliver in a timely fashion, if ever? That boy ain't no fool, he just rules over them.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Imagine running a company that publishes signed Stephen King books into the ground.
    This has to be one of the most, if not the most, bizarre business models on the planet. Yet, folks keeping feeding into it like a bad slot machine that never pays off. Even their auctions go for well beyond market value. It's almost cult like the following they have. "All hail the mighty Chiz! For he will keep you fore filled with his empty promises of products to come".

But hell, why should he change? Would you, if folks kept throwing money your way and you never had to deliver in a timely fashion, if ever? That boy ain't no fool, he just rules over them.
    Laughing all the way to the bank.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Given Rich is looking to sell them, I am sure it's fine for me to share the full details, so here is what he sent me regarding the book :

Details for this unique edition of CARRIE are listed below. Demand will far outnumber supply, so all five copies will be available via a lottery. If you would like to be included, please email cdancepub@aol.com with ENTER ME IN THE CARRIE LOTTERY in the subject line. We will choose and contact the five randomly-selected winners on Sunday evening. If you do not hear back from us on Sunday, your name was not selected. As of this evening, we've received over 120 email inquiries. Good luck, everyone!

CARRIE
    Roman Numeral edition

Print Run:
    · 5 copies – numbered 1-5 in roman numerals
    · 2 copies – marked as PC copies

The Book:
    · These copies are very rare overrun printings of the Carrie Deluxe Lettered Edition from Cemetery Dance’s Doubleday series.
    · Printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock.
    · Hand-made three piece binding featuring spine hubs, gilded page edges, two color hot foil stamping, and full color illustrated endpapers.
    · There will be a custom cut, foil application of the roman numeral applied to the lower spine portion of the front cover that will also match an identical demarkation to the case, just below King’s autograph on the left of the signature window.

The Traycase:
    · This two-part traycase is designed with acid free, 90pt book board and covered in the finest papers available—both inside and outside. Assembled by hand with exacting attention to detail, the laser cut ‘Carrie’ design is carried over from the box to the lid. The signature window allows for the red papering to surround Stephen King’s authentic signature. Foil accents finish off the design of this one-of-a-kind case. Your roman numeral will appear on the outside of the traycase, matching the roman numeral inside your book, as well as on the front board of the book’s cover.

Extras:
    · This unique edition will also ship with a six-inch tall, custom-cut and laser engraved figure of Carrie White—utilizing the artwork seen on the cover of the book. Each figure is cut from a piece of aged walnut and will also be marked with the matching roman numeral.

Cost:
    · This unique edition sells for $5,000 (plus $50 shipping and handling). Copies will ship in March.

Was that Sunday, as in yesterday? Was it ever publicly announced?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen someone on fb saying they got an email about being able to buy a copy.
    So I guess the potential buyers have been emailed
    But no public details other than emails
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't coin the phrase, but heard someone call these books "FrankenRomans". I thought it was a perfect description.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I didn't coin the phrase, but heard someone call these books "FrankenRomans". I thought it was a perfect description.
    Now that's funny.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It is a perfect description.

When I first saw them, I thought, wow - righteous stuff! I wonder if they'll do more Romans for the rest of the Doubleday series (I can only imagine a Roman It!).

Then I thought, hmm...that cover looks familiar; let me look up the lettered Carrie...ugh. And while signatures technically always have value and appeal, this one suddenly seemed little more than a recycled name tag, as if someone had plucked it from King's trash can after a convention.

Certainly I have nothing against the craftspeople involved in the physical product (either the original or the new touches), but conceptually, labeling this recycled grab-bag paste-up of a book a "Roman Numeral" edition is schlocky.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ALL copies sold and has a waiting list. I was told the amount of lottery entries was insane!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    ALL copies sold and has a waiting list. I was told the amount of lottery entries was insane!!
    Not really sure who coined the phrase:

Paper Collar Joe
    David Hannum
    Michael Cassius McDonald
    Phineas Taylor Barnum

But it obviously stuck.. LOL LOL LOL
    I hope you get one Kris

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The boogeyman is back!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The boogeyman is back!
    You know...when I first read your post, I wondered what it meant and had no idea.

One email later and I'm up to speed!

But in all seriousness, I'll probably get it (I read the first one and it was ok enough to at least make me curious about this one).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...192 pages, eh? Let's hold off on that preorder for just a bit.

Traveler ncleapyear will become famous soon enough ncleapyear will become famous soon enough

"Even their auctions go for well beyond market value."

This particular thing is just ... mind boggling. Several times over the years I've noticed bids for a CD eBay auction exceed (by a wide margin) the "buy it now" price of the exact same book from another seller. Why on earth would anyone try to win one of those auctions?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I requested a refund on two products 2 weeks ago. Results- refunding me on my Paypal (not received yet), other went to CD credit
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I requested a refund on two products 2 weeks ago. Results- refunding me on my Paypal (not received yet), other went to CD credit
    Garrell what was the justification for the second refund in the form of a CD credit instead of refunding your PayPal/credit card/debit card?
    WANTED
    DT Limiteds #293, #398
    70s Inscribed Stand
    70s Inscribed Shining
    YOP Inscribed Firestarter

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcbanick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Garrell what was the justification for the second refund in the form of a CD credit instead of refunding your PayPal/credit card/debit card?
    I am curious as well. When I requested a refund for all of my outstanding CD orders last year they refunded 100% of my money into my PayPal account.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

I believe if you buy something using your CD credit, the refund will go back to your CD credit account.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richardsrarebooks View Post
    I believe if you buy something using your CD credit, the refund will go back to your CD credit account.
    Ah. That makes sense.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2 months since the last production page update

Anything new since?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I got a shipping notification for The Summoning but I don't remember ordering it. I'm sure I did.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I got a shipping notification for The Summoning but I don't remember ordering it. I'm sure I did.
    Also got a shipping notice. I purchased it in November 2015. 7.25 years' lead time before delivery...is that above- or below-average for CD, or simply average?
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

guys did you know if you preorder the new Richard Chizmar book you can win a free signed Stephen King Jesus fucking christ

Sorry for the useless bump but this shit is so obnoxious

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Drawing is in October, so only 7 more months of emails!!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    guys did you know if you preorder the new Richard Chizmar book you can win a free signed Stephen King Jesus fucking christ

Sorry for the useless bump but this shit is so obnoxious
    Yep...and since this drawing is pretty much my only chance to ever own a CD It, I went ahead and ordered Becoming The Boogeyman (they know my weak spot).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 876 of 890 FirstFirst ... 376 776 826 866 874 875 876 877 878 886 ... LastLast