Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 853 of 890 FirstFirst ... 353 753 803 843 851 852 853 854 855 863 ... LastLast
Results 21,301 to 21,325 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Brian, you are always a total class act. A genuinely fantastic human being. And I do believe you’re doing all you can. It just sets me off to see the energy directed to just a sliver of the projects. The newest ones. While all others languish. I cancelled Shivers 6 (?) because it’s waiting on Rich’s signature while he’s been blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade.

I guess there’s little you can do. These projects need to be promoted and being current they get the spotlight now. But there HAS TO BE more that can be done. Even just an update or apology or some address from Rich himself. After VanderMeer bashed Rich on social media (not saying he was completely in the right) he should have responded at least to defend himself and reassure customers. But it’s all silence unless it’s to show the neighborhood that inspired Chasing The Boogeyman.
    I definitely agree that we need Richard to step up his public communication when it comes to the business. There's lots he could be talking about and sharing that would help alleviate some concerns and also help everyone feel more in the loop. I'd love to get him on YouTube once a month, just personally sharing all of the new production news and maybe physically showing off the new bluelines, DJ proofs, etc, that have arrived. I think people would dig that, and it would help show that there is still stuff happening behind the scenes.

Dan has some good ideas in this area, and I'd really like to see this focused on going into 2022.

Thanks again, and please never shy away about sharing your thoughts. We totally get it.

Brian
    This!! 1000%

Thank you Brian, for getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It would be pretty cool if Stephen King was to sign "Gwendy's Magic Feather", even if it wasnt planned nor announced.
    Maybe it would be a little something for loyal followers and customers.
    Especially given of all the attraction Gwendy is getting recently

Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge Nudge. Say no more.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Brian, you are always a total class act. A genuinely fantastic human being. And I do believe you’re doing all you can. It just sets me off to see the energy directed to just a sliver of the projects. The newest ones. While all others languish. I cancelled Shivers 6 (?) because it’s waiting on Rich’s signature while he’s been blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade.

I guess there’s little you can do. These projects need to be promoted and being current they get the spotlight now. But there HAS TO BE more that can be done. Even just an update or apology or some address from Rich himself. After VanderMeer bashed Rich on social media (not saying he was completely in the right) he should have responded at least to defend himself and reassure customers. But it’s all silence unless it’s to show the neighborhood that inspired Chasing The Boogeyman.
    I definitely agree that we need Richard to step up his public communication when it comes to the business. There's lots he could be talking about and sharing that would help alleviate some concerns and also help everyone feel more in the loop. I'd love to get him on YouTube once a month, just personally sharing all of the new production news and maybe physically showing off the new bluelines, DJ proofs, etc, that have arrived. I think people would dig that, and it would help show that there is still stuff happening behind the scenes.

Dan has some good ideas in this area, and I'd really like to see this focused on going into 2022.

Thanks again, and please never shy away about sharing your thoughts. We totally get it.

Brian
    Brian,
    I believe Mr. Chizmar has stated in the past that he has a reluctance to venture into the internet conversations. He has now taken that step to promote his works. In my view his decision to get out there on his writing and choose to stay silent on the issues at CD have made the matter worse. Your statement lets us know that you and Dan understand that. I believe there are two ways to solve this. 1) Richard stays silent and you all continue to push forward util you catch up. the problem with that solution is that, best case, you are at least two years from being caught up. How many more loyal customers will have given up on CD? So in two years CD is caught up and the new business practices prevent the issues going forward. CD then has a much smaller customer base and must take on the effort of rebuilding what they once had. 2) Richard steps up and provides clear communication about what CD is doing, provides realistic estimates when they exist and acknowledges when they can't, explaining why they can't be provided. I have been buying from CD since 1998. Legacies was my first purchase. In all that time CD has never consistently met the timelines they publicly stated. I long ago stopped paying attention to the delivery dates CD has given, which is unfortunate. Although a global pandemic has impacted all publishing this issue goes back much further than Covid. My oldest undelivered order dates back to 2007. I am not a person who will complain about a business. If their way of doing business is unacceptable I will simply take my business elsewhere. I believe there are a lot more people like me than those voicing their frustrations. I say that to point out that for every person who states online that they are done with CD, there are several more who just walked away.

Please excuse if this is rambling. I am two days removed from surgery and still do not have use of my right hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Brian,
    I believe Mr. Chizmar has stated in the past that he has a reluctance to venture into the internet conversations. He has now taken that step to promote his works. In my view his decision to get out there on his writing and choose to stay silent on the issues at CD have made the matter worse. Your statement lets us know that you and Dan understand that. I believe there are two ways to solve this. 1) Richard stays silent and you all continue to push forward util you catch up. the problem with that solution is that, best case, you are at least two years from being caught up. How many more loyal customers will have given up on CD? So in two years CD is caught up and the new business practices prevent the issues going forward. CD then has a much smaller customer base and must take on the effort of rebuilding what they once had. 2) Richard steps up and provides clear communication about what CD is doing, provides realistic estimates when they exist and acknowledges when they can't, explaining why they can't be provided. I have been buying from CD since 1998. Legacies was my first purchase. In all that time CD has never consistently met the timelines they publicly stated. I long ago stopped paying attention to the delivery dates CD has given, which is unfortunate. Although a global pandemic has impacted all publishing this issue goes back much further than Covid. My oldest undelivered order dates back to 2007. I am not a person who will complain about a business. If their way of doing business is unacceptable I will simply take my business elsewhere. I believe there are a lot more people like me than those voicing their frustrations. I say that to point out that for every person who states online that they are done with CD, there are several more who just walked away.

Please excuse if this is rambling. I am two days removed from surgery and still do not have use of my right hand.
    I definitely agree. I think Richard needs to get out there and communicate more about the business for sure, especially now that he's ventured into the online world after years of resisting!

Did I ever post the photo of my hand after surgery a few years ago? I had some concerns about how many eyes I'd find when I upwrapped it...

Best,
    Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Brian,

I definitely agree. I think Richard needs to get out there and communicate more about the business for sure, especially now that he's ventured into the online world after years of resisting!

Did I ever post the photo of my hand after surgery a few years ago? I had some concerns about how many eyes I'd find when I upwrapped it...

Best,
    Brian
    Add some swelling and dye the skin with iodine and that is what mine looked like after surgery.

Add some swelling and dye the skin with iodine and that is what mine looked like after surgery.
    Yeah, I'm trying to remember how many days later this was, but I'm drawing a blank. I do remember the swelling sucked and the pain sucked. Luckily, it all worked out okay in the end. I hope your recovery goes well!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade...
    Ok - this is pretty good.

...and I have one of those bookplates...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, any update on "The Stand"?

The early preorders started in july 2020 and I believe the public preorders where supposed to start a bit later. But I don't think they did so far
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent has a spectacular aura about Tony Two-Cent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    By the way, any update on "The Stand"?

The early preorders started in july 2020 and I believe the public preorders where supposed to start a bit later. But I don't think they did so far
    Have you seen this update from November 10, 2021 on the CD Production Updates page?:

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't, thanks !

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, I guess that we won't be getting a complete Vampire Chronicles trilogy, but I hope that CD had the signature sheets for Interview With A Vampire completed before Rice passed away.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    So, I guess that we won't be getting a complete Vampire Chronicles trilogy, but I hope that CD had the signature sheets for Interview With A Vampire completed before Rice passed away.
    Yes, they were signed.

Brian

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought so, but it wasn't clear on the updates page. Thank you Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I thought so, but it wasn't clear on the updates page. Thank you Brian!
    Yep, ready for the printer definitely means it’s all ready. And that update is a little old now. It’s been at the printer for about a month, but they are SO backed up, we haven’t posted about it yet. They’re estimating May and June delivery dates right now. So, we’re trying to figure out how to balance expectations since it’s still going to be a while.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks as always for keeping us in the loop when we have a question. I'll return to watching every morning for remarque opportunities for The Stand. Have a great holiday.

Country
    Country Flag

Working on a King project for a publisher, could someone please tell me whether the (not yet publicly announced) "The Stand" limited edition by CD was announced as signed by King in some state?

Thanks !

Working on a King project for a publisher, could someone please tell me whether the (not yet publicly announced) "The Stand" limited edition by CD was announced as signed by King in some state?

Thanks !
    Nope, not signed by SK.

Brian

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Best,
    Brian
    Ouch! Feel better soon, Brian. And you beat me to the eyes! LOL
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Country
    Country Flag

Given that "The Stand" still hasn't been publicly announced and that I haven't seen anything about "Pet Sematary" yet, am I right to assume that no preorders of any sort have been done so far?
    But the book is still being "considered" / worked on, as part of the Doubleday Collection?

I am talking about "Pet Sematary"

https://www.cemeterydance.com/stephe...-book-set.html

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've had THE STAND on order since July 13, 2020.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Given that "The Stand" still hasn't been publicly announced and that I haven't seen anything about "Pet Sematary" yet, am I right to assume that no preorders of any sort have been done so far?
    But the book is still being "considered" / worked on, as part of the Doubleday Collection?

I am talking about "Pet Sematary"

https://www.cemeterydance.com/stephe...-book-set.html
    I think the only preorder for Pet Sematary would have been the one that involved the whole double day set. I think that was like 5 years ago. Maybe 6.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe 2 years ago they allowed people to preorder The Stand together with Pet Sematary.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am talking about "Pet Sematary"]
    Spring of 2019 a gift bundle and/or an AE-numbered bundle of both titles could be ordered. Not a "wide" sale though.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know or forgot it, thanks !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 853 of 890 FirstFirst ... 353 753 803 843 851 852 853 854 855 863 ... LastLast